There are 117 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ive noticed the team has been really quiet about Patton. Starting to get curious about his recovery. 6-8 weeks is average recovery time from a fracture, hes been out for five and still no word on whats going on with him. I guess the questions about crabs and mario may be overshadowing questions about him.
Maiocco said he was still in a boot in London. Seems like he should head to IR when Crabtree gets back.

So would be one of these options if Patton went to IR:
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin/Williams, Osgood (active ST), (the loser of #4 spot inactive)
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Maiocco said he was still in a boot in London. Seems like he should head to IR when Crabtree gets back.

So would be one of these options if Patton went to IR:
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin/Williams, Osgood (active ST), (the loser of #4 spot inactive)
williams inactive. if lmj is returning kicks and punts.. we rarely trot out more then 3wr that's what tight ends are for in our offense
If he is fully healed this month AND Perrish Cox or LMJ can at least equal the contributions of Kyle Williams as a punt returner (not incredibly difficult), I hope they go with Patton. Time to see what he can do. Patton didn't do much earlier on, but on offense we weren't doing much earlier in the season. With the renewed commitment to the run game, and help in the form of Crabtree and Manningham coming (even if they aren't 100%), and attention on Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin, Quinton Patton should be in much better position to succeed. I honestly which they would do more to get other guys involved in this offense.
I hope this guy comes back this season so we can get rid of K.Williams.
I doubt they cut KW as it's no easy matter to find a punt returner who doesn't turn the ball over. It it were easy it would already have been done.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I doubt they cut KW as it's no easy matter to find a punt returner who doesn't turn the ball over. It it were easy it would already have been done.

That's the exact reason I think he will be removed. Even if you take out the NFCCG he has been extremely shakey the past few years
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

That's the exact reason I think he will be removed. Even if you take out the NFCCG he has been extremely shakey the past few years

This year he has been more dependable than at any other time. He fair catches often but that may be a plus in the punt game. How many possessions has the team given up this year through a bonehead move on his part? I can't think of one...which is really unusual!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Patton is doing fine by sitting/healing and studying the game. He'll contribute only if the FO doesn't place him on IR to make space. I still think he has what it takes to shine... hope we get to see some of it later in the season.
Does anyone know his exact injury? Is it a simple fracture/break or is it more of a turf toe deal that can tend to linger? Would love to see this guy get playing time this year when he isnt trying to be a #2 but more being a #3 or 4 as a slot guy or outside player giving the starters rest. He has what it takes to be successful, it would be a shame if the front office IR'd him and kept KW just to make another roster spot. Hell QP can fair catch with the best of em haha.

Originally posted by 5280High:
Does anyone know his exact injury? Is it a simple fracture/break or is it more of a turf toe deal that can tend to linger? Would love to see this guy get playing time this year when he isnt trying to be a #2 but more being a #3 or 4 as a slot guy or outside player giving the starters rest. He has what it takes to be successful, it would be a shame if the front office IR'd him and kept KW just to make another roster spot. Hell QP can fair catch with the best of em haha.

The only thing I heard was a stress fracture in the Foot. Not sure of the severity, but it supposedly wasn't bad enough to keep him out the year.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM ]

anyone who can catch a punt will do, not like kyle williams ever returns anything anyway. he just fair catches. i think they should put cox at PR, he was pretty good there and LMJ will be KR. kyle can f**k off

This year he has been more dependable than at any other time. He fair catches often but that may be a plus in the punt game. How many possessions has the team given up this year through a bonehead move on his part? I can't think of one...which is really unusual!

If by dependable you mean he fair catches well, then I agree. With that said he has put the offense in situations with their backs against their own endzone several times by fair catching inside the ten.

He just doesn't add anything to the team and if you hear his name it's because he did something to hurt the team.

If by dependable you mean he fair catches well, then I agree. With that said he has put the offense in situations with their backs against their own endzone several times by fair catching inside the ten.

He just doesn't add anything to the team and if you hear his name it's because he did something to hurt the team.

exactly. he contributes nothing as a receiver and nothing as a return man. for every decent return hes had he has fair caught a ball he shouldnt have deep within our territory or not run when hes had open lanes, run when hes had nothing and lost yards. i think harbaughs comments about LaMichael James getting more involved are the beginning of the end for kyle williams

Yes, that's part of it, but how often has he fumbled this year? I've seen a number of good teams ruined by not finding anyone who could catch a punt without fumbling a couple per game. So, no, I don't want just anyone back there and if they had someone better I can't imaging the coaches saying, "Well, his dad is a big shot in baseball so let's keep him in there deciding our destiny!"
Share 49ersWebzone