There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

You all have the sarcasm meter of a potato.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

No my meters set to potato plus potato.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

No my meters set to potato plus potato.

Mashed taters
really hope this dude isnt put on IR and comes back to contribute
He will be back or they would have put him on the IR and not cut Chris Harper.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Patton on IR makes sense, saves us a roster spot and we can save one more player that we dont want to cut

there's room for patton if we're going 6 WR's

Crabs
Manny
Boldin
baldwin
patton
williams
glad to hear it
When's this n***a coming back??
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Id expect him back around late November but there has been nothing official since he got injured.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM ]

Probably goes on IR if Crabs comes back. Otherwise he comes back when Crabs doesn't come back.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

maybe not at all.

IMHO you don't rush him back with the busted foot or he could end up like Crabtree who played on his jacked up foot for years.

I agree with most people on this board that we have only kept him on the roster as a safeguard against potential setbacks in Manningham and Crabtree's recoveries. Wait for today to be over, we may put him on IR and trade/cut players like KW or Moore and acquire a fringe player at a low price like Britt or maybe make a semi-big splash and acquire Avant or Maclin from the Eagles.

IF we don't make any trades than I'd expect us to keep Patton on the 53 but you never know.
Originally posted by sfout:

maybe not at all.

IMHO you don't rush him back with the busted foot or he could end up like Crabtree who played on his jacked up foot for years.

I agree with most people on this board that we have only kept him on the roster as a safeguard against potential setbacks in Manningham and Crabtree's recoveries. Wait for today to be over, we may put him on IR and trade/cut players like KW or Moore and acquire a fringe player at a low price like Britt or maybe make a semi-big splash and acquire Avant or Maclin from the Eagles.

IF we don't make any trades than I'd expect us to keep Patton on the 53 but you never know.

I wouldn't want to rush him back either but I was expecting him to come back for the NO game. I guess we may have to wait at little while longer for him to contribute. I think his impact on this season will come down to manninghams knees.
Ive noticed the team has been really quiet about Patton. Starting to get curious about his recovery. 6-8 weeks is average recovery time from a fracture, hes been out for five and still no word on whats going on with him. I guess the questions about crabs and mario may be overshadowing questions about him.
Maiocco said he was still in a boot in London. Seems like he should head to IR when Crabtree gets back.

So would be one of these options if Patton went to IR:
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin/Williams, Osgood (active ST), (the loser of #4 spot inactive)
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Maiocco said he was still in a boot in London. Seems like he should head to IR when Crabtree gets back.

So would be one of these options if Patton went to IR:
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Osgood (active ST)
Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Baldwin/Williams, Osgood (active ST), (the loser of #4 spot inactive)
williams inactive. if lmj is returning kicks and punts.. we rarely trot out more then 3wr that's what tight ends are for in our offense