LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 198 users in the forums

Our rushing attack

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our rushing attack could easily be the best in the league , I know we are trying to get more weapons for our passing game , another speed WR and TE will go a long way towards expanding the playbook , and along with the pistol, we will have the deadliest and most versatile attack in the game ..and I know Harbaugh and Roman like to run the ball out of exotic formations, so with that said , I personally feel we need to pick up a big bruiser for short yardage situations ...Brandon Jacobs was supposed to be the sledgehammer RB we needed , and that failed miserably , but I still feel we need to find that big bodied RB , Gore, Hunter and James are all excellent backs , and we can do a lot of things with that trio ...but I hope we draft a big bruiser and develop him for the future , Dixon is serviceable, and a good ST player , but I still think we should search for a William Floyd type of back that could also see a little FB duty ....

a solid reserve OT would be nice too .....Boone needs to stay where he is at RG , I want a Tackle that could play both tackle positions, we dont need anymore Guards , Looney and Kilgore will continue to improve , so a true reserve tackle should be on our shopping list

the skys the limit for this offense , and after this weekend we will see exactly what kind of tools we will have to work with ...I have a feeling after this weekend our offense will be STACKED, and the envy of the league
It is the best in the league. Who could possibly be better?
[ Edited by NinerGod on Apr 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM ]
Good post.

A bruiser like Floyd - a fast and tough runner would be a nice pick-up. Dixon, IMO, has the tools but fails in performance.

After reading Phoenix about WR TWilliams - I'm on board w/him. Maybe in the 3rd??

Decisions, decisions.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

A bruiser like Floyd - a fast and tough runner would be a nice pick-up. Dixon, IMO, has the tools but fails in performance.

After reading Phoenix about WR TWilliams - I'm on board w/him. Maybe in the 3rd??

Decisions, decisions.

I'm sure we could find a solid power RB in the middle rounds ....Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick ..so Baalke should find us a big RB that fits our system
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

Decisions, decisions.
dixon did not fail last year. i think a running back pick is a pure luxury this year. In my opinion gore has two great years left and we can wait till next year to get his replacement. our running attack was the best in the nfl last year and it wiill be the best this year, Its just to bad the coaches did not understand this on first and goal from the 7 in the most important game of the year,. even little james got two yards on first down against a stacked defense and the god damn coaches,,,,, ahh never mind
To be honest I don't think it matters if they don't have a bruising running back.
When we talk about rushing attack, you must include Kaep after what he did in the playoffs. Between Frank's bruising runs, Hunter picking up the load for Frank, LaMichael's make you miss quickness, and Kaep possibly busting out a 70-80 yard run on a read-option, that defense would want to quit by the end of the 4th qtr.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When we talk about rushing attack, you must include Kaep after what he did in the playoffs.
who else with gore/ck/james/ hunter/ miller/dixon has a six headed monster behind the best run blocking line in the nfl
Originally posted by cciowa:
When we talk about rushing attack, you must include Kaep after what he did in the playoffs.
who else with gore/ck/james/ hunter/ miller/dixon has a six headed monster behind the best run blocking line in the nfl

NO BADDY!!!

NO BADDY!!!

Maybe a guy like Knile Davis?

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

NO BADDY!!!

Maybe a guy like Knile Davis?

Has talent. Between Rathman and Gore -- 2 of the most ardent football guys -- they will set him straight.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
We're pretty set at RB and I don't think we need to devote 10% of our roster space to a single position. Could Dixon be upgraded? Maybe, but then we'd need someone to step up and take those illegal block penalties on ST's.
we have the most diverse running game in the league, and thats without considering colin.
Originally posted by Disp:
We're pretty set at RB and I don't think we need to devote 10% of our roster space to a single position. Could Dixon be upgraded? Maybe, but then we'd need someone to step up and take those illegal block penalties on ST's.

Freak'n ref missed them usually, then the other team takes it for a TD. Last time it was in the SB
Gire and Hinter. 1 2 punch
Share 49ersWebzone