There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers at Seattle..anyone plan to go?

Working on it.....................
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
don't forget to take pictures of ugly faces (some crying) when the CAWKS get their asses handed over to them!
i called about ticket prices today. we usually have a group of like 10 people drive over from idaho. Every ticket i was offered today had to be accompanied by a preseason ticket purchase. not worth it to me. i was told to wait until august to purchase my tickets if i dont want to bundle a preseason game. you know how f**king hard it will be to find 10 seats right next to eachother by then? f**king dumb
Protoman .. my section was fine. Families and a knowledgeable Seaturd fan. I know ..shocking ..knowledgeable.

Couple of drunks behind us I heard them whisper they were gonna jump us. Nothing happened.
game is on my birthday... I usually make the trip down from vancouver but everytime ive been to that stadium we lose so i think im gonna refrain from going and test my theory.

last year was terrible, some ass from a couple rows behind me tossed a beer at me and ruined my metallic gold niners jacket. if youre gonna toss a beer at me dont be a b*tch and do it while i have my back turned to you.

besides that most of the fans werent bad. the tailgating in seattle has to be the worst in the league so between that and my losing record i dont think im gonna waste my time going this year... might just put up a big tent in my backyard with a projector and have all the boys over. the tailgating in my backyard is probably more lively than seattle LOL.
Originally posted by VancouverNiner:
game is on my birthday... I usually make the trip down from vancouver but everytime ive been to that stadium we lose so i think im gonna refrain from going and test my theory.

last year was terrible, some ass from a couple rows behind me tossed a beer at me and ruined my metallic gold niners jacket. if youre gonna toss a beer at me dont be a b*tch and do it while i have my back turned to you.

besides that most of the fans werent bad. the tailgating in seattle has to be the worst in the league so between that and my losing record i dont think im gonna waste my time going this year... might just put up a big tent in my backyard with a projector and have all the boys over. the tailgating in my backyard is probably more lively than seattle LOL.

you cannot be for real sir. i too am from the city in your name aswell as having the same b-day as the niners/hawks game in week 2 this season. what a small world, cheers.
I live in the area and have gone to the 49ers v Seahawks at the clink for the past several years dating back to the Sharpie game.

Until last year, the fans were OK. Last year was completely different. The rivalry has now crossed some tipping point and is now a full blown blood feud.

The game last December was really bad.... Sunday night, fans all liquored up, national TV, the whole bit. Seahawks fans were at their worst.

I still plan to go this year for game 2.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Protoman .. my section was fine. Families and a knowledgeable Seaturd fan. I know ..shocking ..knowledgeable.

Couple of drunks behind us I heard them whisper they were gonna jump us. Nothing happened.

Good to hear, the families and knowledgeable fan is more of the type of Hawks fans I know.

Most of the troublemakers are usually too s**tfaced drunk to even know what's going on.

Are you planning on making the trip up here again?
[ Edited by Protoman on Apr 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I live in the area and have gone to the 49ers v Seahawks at the clink for the past several years dating back to the Sharpie game.

Until last year, the fans were OK. Last year was completely different. The rivalry has now crossed some tipping point and is now a full blown blood feud.

The game last December was really bad.... Sunday night, fans all liquored up, national TV, the whole bit. Seahawks fans were at their worst.

I still plan to go this year for game 2.

Haha, expect more of the same for this year, especially for their home opener.

On the bright side, it should be much nicer weather than that train wreck that was December 23rd. Summers up here are awesome (when we get them).
With this being the Seahawks home opener, I honestly expect us to lose up here... Which isn't actually a bad thing, Century Link field is NUTS! I'll definitely be going though, because I have faith that Colin is ready for this crowd now... Weather should be wonderful, and I'm VERY excited, Go 9ers!
I live just accross the border so I have been to a bunch of games. I have stopped going the last couple years because of the idiots that are there. I don't need to have beer thrown at me or to be challanged constantly to a fight. They hate niner fans, they hate that a lot of us go to the game. They get really brutal if they are winning. Maybe I just keep running into the minority or maybe they don't like that I keep reminding them about our 5 Super Bowls...Lol but I just don't enjoy going anymore

I've got a friend who's wife wants to surprise him with the Seattle game for his birthday. They are seahawks fans and will be flying from Anchorage AK. Being a life long bay area resident and 49er fan I don't really want to be in seahawks territory, but it would be nice to see my long time friend and add to the surprise for him as well. I am fairly intent on going, but now after reading some of the comments here I wonder what's best. Do me and my girlfriend go proud wearing Niner gear or stay stealthy with neutral colors? I'd hate to go in just a plain t-shirt, but I don't want my entire experience ruined either. If some a*****e dumps a beer on me or my girl, I'm not so sure I could restrain myself. Some trash talking won't bother me too much and I plan to ignore, but if it gets physical... then we have a problem.

Those who are attending what are you wearing and therefore expecting as a result? I am leaving the ticket purchasing up to my friends wife, so I don't expect to get a seat behind the visitors bench.
Originally posted by SFBlue:
I've got a friend who's wife wants to surprise him with the Seattle game for his birthday. They are seahawks fans and will be flying from Anchorage AK. Being a life long bay area resident and 49er fan I don't really want to be in seahawks territory, but it would be nice to see my long time friend and add to the surprise for him as well. I am fairly intent on going, but now after reading some of the comments here I wonder what's best. Do me and my girlfriend go proud wearing Niner gear or stay stealthy with neutral colors? I'd hate to go in just a plain t-shirt, but I don't want my entire experience ruined either. If some a*****e dumps a beer on me or my girl, I'm not so sure I could restrain myself. Some trash talking won't bother me too much and I plan to ignore, but if it gets physical... then we have a problem.

Those who are attending what are you wearing and therefore expecting as a result? I am leaving the ticket purchasing up to my friends wife, so I don't expect to get a seat behind the visitors bench.

In my experience it all depends lol, we were at the pre-season game last year against Oakland watched some Hawks fans start a fight with an Oakland fan, and then saw 2 Raiders fans get into a fight with each other, but that's typical for Raider fans lol, heck, on the way to the truck after the game 2 Hawks fans got into a fight because one guy told the other that he wasn't a real fan because he didn't have the new jersey's that came out and then he started talking that crap to the crowd of people that were walking down the street behind him. We just moved to Washington 2 years ago from Alaska and I've been to quite a few games and in my experience the fans never used to be this bad, my first game I ever saw was when Terrell Owens played for the Niners and we lost when Hearst fumbled the ball as we were driving for a game wining field goal. I was wearing my Owens jersey and I had a few a**holes talk some crap but 95% of the fans that I ran into were pretty nice, it's just been recently that it's gotten pretty bad, after the Dec. game 2011 I won't go to another game there, it's not worth subjecting my kids to that type of environment, especially having my 4 year old son called names, takes a big person and a real jerk to talk like that to a kid and our seats were 4 rows up from behind the Niners bench.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Well the media has announced them as off season champs. And their qb is talking about a championship off season

I really only want to go to experience the crowd but reading that they can get physical with you doesn't sound fun

I have a take on this, hear me out.
I lived in the southeast for 16 years up until last fall when I moved back up to the PNW. While living in FL and LA, I traveled to watch Seahawks away games at Buffalo, Washington, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami and New Orleans. Every game I was " flying the colors" and was a passionate yet polite visiting fan. Favorite away city? Buffalo. Those boys know how to tailgate. Worst city? New Orleans. If I hear another illiterate Louisiana native yell "Who Dat" I may come unhinged.
What did I learn from it all? Well, kind of like buying your house, the price you pay is also usually an indication of the caliber of your neighbors. Don't want a meth lab popping up across the street? Pay a little more for your house and neighborhood. Don't mind a primer gray Chevy Nova getting the engine pulled under a tree in the front yard? Buy cheap and be happy my friend.
I've found that picking up more exclusive seats helps weed out the trash and contributes to a better game day experience. Higher ticket prices "usually" aren't paid by the Neanderthals who think its ok to treat visiting fans like some of you have been in Seattle in the past.
I say give the Clink a shot. Wear your gear loud and proud, but keep it within the boundaries of professionalism and good taste. Chat with the people around you when you sit down before the game starts, you may find out they're decent folks before everyone starts screaming. I made it a point to compliment a good play made by the home team to the local fans around me if warranted, once or twice. Goes a long way towards presenting yourself as a football fan, not just the opposing team's fan, to the home crowd. Just my advice.
It actually makes me sick when I hear about any visiting fan having a bad experience in my home town. It reflects poorly on a place that I identify with on a personal level. Every game I've attended in Seattle I have made it a point to chat with visiting fans who are sitting around me. I ask where they're from, where they are staying, recommend a good restaurant near there. I actually want visitors to my city to leave having had an enjoyable time, even though their team came away with an L;-)
Anyway, that's my .02. If you decide to head up and seem like a good guy I'll buy you a beer.
I was at the game last year... ppl in Seattle are a*****es... 98% of them talked s**t..... and not friendly trash talking... they literally would go up to you and say f**k you and f**k the 49ers and all that.... you'd have lil kids talking like that with their parents by their side....
[ Edited by YaBoy24 on Apr 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]