There are 243 users in the forums

Who's Next To Sign After Iupati Discussion and Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's Next To Sign After Iupati Discussion and Poll

With the Iupati talks underway, who do you want to see signed next

If you pick "other", post why.
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
Aldon.
I'm going to say Crabtree considering his contract is up soonest, if I'm not mistaken. He seems to love playing for Kaep. Before I thought we'd let him walk, but seeing his numbers inflate the second half of the season, I bet he'd love to stick around now. Hoping to see him stick around too, love the guy.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Kaep and Aldon can't even sign extensions until next year, and Crabtree still has 2 years left on his deal.
i want crabs since aldon's cannot be done until next year.
I'm going to say Kaepernick, with the assumption that after Iupati we don't sign anyone else until after the season. Having a franchise QB is something that we haven't had since either Young or Garcia so they will lock Kaep up fast.
Hopefully my favorite 49er Michael Crabtree.
YES

ANOTHER THREAD!!!
Boobie Dixon
Options should be Brown, Justin, Crabtree, Boldin since those are the eligible ones. Kap, Aldon, Hunter, Culliver aren't eligible.

• buck
  • Veteran
Kaepernick
Aldon
other T. Brown
Crabtree
[ Edited by buck on Apr 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM ]
Since Colin and Aldon can't be signed until after this year it could very well be Brown or Justin getting extended before those guys. I think it will be awhile before Kap and Aldon are signed. After this season it could take most of the offseason and into the 2014 season before it's done. It won't be easy, two big dollar contracts. I would love to keep him but it seems like Crabtree will be the odd man out.

2013 FA's: What's on tap for next offseason?
Probably not back after 2013 season: Goodwin, Haralson, Whitner, Rogers (cut), McBath, Dobbs, Tukuafu, Anthony Dixon, Cox, Brock
Possible 1-2 Yr Extensions (could also be gone): J. Smith, Dawson, Boldin, Manningham, Tolzien, Asomugha, Wilhoite, Kyle Williams
Possible 3-4 Yr Extension: Tarell Brown
Possible Extension for Non-FA's: Aldon Smith, Kaepernick, Crabtree, Culliver, Bruce Miller, Hunter
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM ]
Modest cap room next year, and the year after we are way under as of right now if I understand that right (correct me if im wrong). I say sign Crabs next year and Kaep and Aldon the year after.

Aldon takes priority over Justin due to age. Draft someone we hope can be half as good as Justin and try to get Justin to sign low value contracts. Justin really is on borrowed time, his crazy motor will keep him competitive for a few years but he's only getting older. I'm not looking forward to losing him.

Kaep is obviously a priority.

I say signing Crabs next year before he gets any better will be the cheapest way. He is a fairly young #1 caliber WR that we drafted. I think if we can get a few good draft picks we can sign all of our homegrown talent, while also softening the eventual loss of two of my favorite players Gore and Justin Smith. We hav Hunter, but he's not of the same stock as Frank the Tank. Getting Crabs signed before Kaep and Aldon are eligible will allow us to bite the bullet next year and sign Crabs while staying relatively quiet in FA. Then replace any holes that may develop through the draft.
We all know how Crabtree operates. He won't sign a deal this offseason. Guaranteed. He will want to prove himself next year to maximize his dollar value.

Can't blame him either.
Share 49ersWebzone