There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tavers Gooden retires

Originally posted by cciowa:
easily replaceable. i forgot about him the day after the super bowl. he and grant have to continue the tradition of over rated players on the team. they are destined to be backups for the rest of thier lives. If it were not so,, they would have had offers by now. time for us to get some fresh blood in and i am sorry but in my opinion, no one was an "ace" on our special ed teams last year

Who on earth is overrating him? You are creating arguments out of thin air for the sake of arguing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,869
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by cciowa:
easily replaceable. i forgot about him the day after the super bowl. he and grant have to continue the tradition of over rated players on the team. they are destined to be backups for the rest of thier lives. If it were not so,, they would have had offers by now. time for us to get some fresh blood in and i am sorry but in my opinion, no one was an "ace" on our special ed teams last year

Who on earth is overrating him? You are creating arguments out of thin air for the sake of arguing.
i tend to think you bend over backwards just a titch to read things between the lines when it comes to certain posters, which are really not there . lots of people like him and grant very much. i disagree and say they are over rated. now if you want to make a federal case out of it knock yourself out
Originally posted by cciowa:
i tend to think you bend over backwards just a titch to read things between the lines when it comes to certain posters, which are really not there . lots of people like him and grant very much. i disagree and say they are over rated. now if you want to make a federal case out of it knock yourself out

Yeah but this thread isn't about him being a free agent or anything its about him retiring, don't you think maybe you could safe the bashing for a player that deserves it and is still in the game?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,869
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i tend to think you bend over backwards just a titch to read things between the lines when it comes to certain posters, which are really not there . lots of people like him and grant very much. i disagree and say they are over rated. now if you want to make a federal case out of it knock yourself out

Yeah but this thread isn't about him being a free agent or anything its about him retiring, don't you think maybe you could safe the bashing for a player that deserves it and is still in the game?
point taken. not sure if calling him over rated is bashing but point taken
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i tend to think you bend over backwards just a titch to read things between the lines when it comes to certain posters, which are really not there . lots of people like him and grant very much. i disagree and say they are over rated. now if you want to make a federal case out of it knock yourself out

Yeah but this thread isn't about him being a free agent or anything its about him retiring, don't you think maybe you could safe the bashing for a player that deserves it and is still in the game?
point taken. not sure if calling him over rated is bashing but point taken

*Passes CC back his meds*


Sorry, bro.
Originally posted by Beeker:
*Passes CC back his meds*


Sorry, bro.

Dammit Beek I told you to leave CC's med alone they wont make you any money on the streets anyways......Ive tried
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Beeker:
*Passes CC back his meds*


Sorry, bro.

Dammit Beek I told you to leave CC's med alone they wont make you any money on the streets anyways......Ive tried

Since when do I listen???
Originally posted by Beeker:
Since when do I listen???

Good point, maybe i need to take stronger action lol
I'm honestly shocked about Larry Grant, I figured with all the teams that need help at ILB, that he'd at least have drawn some sort of interest, but there's been nothing this far, he might very well end up back on the 49ers after all is said and done.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm honestly shocked about Larry Grant, I figured with all the teams that need help at ILB, that he'd at least have drawn some sort of interest, but there's been nothing this far, he might very well end up back on the 49ers after all is said and done.

i wouldn't mind that at all.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm honestly shocked about Larry Grant, I figured with all the teams that need help at ILB, that he'd at least have drawn some sort of interest, but there's been nothing this far, he might very well end up back on the 49ers after all is said and done.


With their ongoing issues at MLB, I've always thought the Giants would be major players for Grant. Dude is a solid player, stuck behind the 2 best MLB's in the game. Hey, if he comes back for cheap...I'll take him with open arms. But I agree with other posters that Wilhoite and Skuta are probably manning that backup roles next year.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
My favorite T Good moment was the MNF game against the steelers. Before one of the kick offs he was taunting the hell out of one of the guys. He kept pointing at one of em and blowing kisses.
Originally posted by NickV:
My favorite T Good moment was the MNF game against the steelers. Before one of the kick offs he was taunting the hell out of one of the guys. He kept pointing at one of em and blowing kisses.

I loved the enthusiasm he played with on the field, gotta love that type of play in the NFL. A 5 yr career in the NFL is something to be proud of.