There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Let's get serious for a moment......

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
When you're buying a suit, and maybe when you're looking for an OLB that doesn't rush the passer, but that's about it.

Oh no, that horse's a** and his stupid suit...probably the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Niners fan, and that's saying a lot considering some of the slop I've seen going back to the mid-70s.
1976 was not embarrassing

No, not embarrassing, but those 4 straight losses did suck eggs though...I had heard from my dad and uncle about these so-called "playoffs" the 49ers had been in 1970-72, so when they started off 6-1 I thought for sure I'd get to see them. You know how that turned out, we had to suffer through a few head coaches, Joe Thomas, an arthritic Orenthal, and just some bad bad football until 1981.
We got enough to get by right now and then we can build long term through the draft. We should have no problem locking these positions down.
We should have cut Rogers and Whitner to pay for Goldson, then draft Eric Reid and David Amerson.
Originally posted by Rascal:
We should have cut Rogers and Whitner to pay for Goldson, then draft Eric Reid and David Amerson.

Originally posted by 60sfan:
The moves on CBs and Safeties at this time are critical. Brown's contract runs out after this year. Rogers, Whitner and Nnamdi will likely be gone after this year as well. Decisions made now are with these things all in mind as well as the cap space. So, how do you prepare for this season and at the same time, tee up next season with the best defensive backfield?

Between Brown, Rogers, Nnamdi, and Whitner, I bet at least 2 of them will be on 2014 team. And we already have potential replacements (Culliver, Spillman, Dahl, Cox, Brock, etc...those guys will have plenty of time and opportunities to impress Fangio), plus there's the 2013 and 2014 draft and 2014 free agency. Not worried one bit.

Madden Syndrome
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Madden Syndrome
i am old school so i would rather say it sounds like something we did when we were kids trading our football cards which had that awesome smell of bubble gum! but it means the same