There are 172 users in the forums

Let's get serious for a moment......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The moves on CBs and Safeties at this time are critical. Brown's contract runs out after this year. Rogers, Whitner and Nnamdi will likely be gone after this year as well. Decisions made now are with these things all in mind as well as the cap space. So, how do you prepare for this season and at the same time, tee up next season with the best defensive backfield?
Trust the HarBaalke.
Trust McNolan
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Trust McNolan

When you're buying a suit, and maybe when you're looking for an OLB that doesn't rush the passer, but that's about it.
If I got paid 49ers GM money I would worry but I don't. I trust HarBaalke
Originally posted by 60sfan:
The moves on CBs and Safeties at this time are critical. Brown's contract runs out after this year. Rogers, Whitner and Nnamdi will likely be gone after this year as well. Decisions made now are with these things all in mind as well as the cap space. So, how do you prepare for this season and at the same time, tee up next season with the best defensive backfield?

Same formula as the last two years, draft replacements and sign bargain FA's.

We have the Picks this year AND next year to fill the void left by players we know wont be coming back ...you are right about Rogers, Whitner and Asomugha, they could all be gone after this season ...but we have enough picks to replace those veterans with promising young players
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We have the Picks this year AND next year to fill the void left by players we know wont be coming back ...you are right about Rogers, Whitner and Asomugha, they could all be gone after this season ...but we have enough picks to replace those veterans with promising young players

The question is, who do you keep on the roster this year and how do you prepare the picks for next year. Plus, at least 2 current roster players have got to go. Who?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
When you're buying a suit, and maybe when you're looking for an OLB that doesn't rush the passer, but that's about it.

Oh no, that horse's a** and his stupid suit...probably the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Niners fan, and that's saying a lot considering some of the slop I've seen going back to the mid-70s.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Oh no, that horse's a** and his stupid suit...probably the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Niners fan, and that's saying a lot considering some of the slop I've seen going back to the mid-70s.

Oh, the excuses and rationalization I made for our lousy play

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by 60sfan:

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I think we shoulda signed Asomugha for 3 years at least.. The guy will benefit from out already great D, and he's gonna end up asking for more money next year.

I also think that both T-Brown and C-Culv will be kept. Carlos and Whitner are both gonner after this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Trust McNolan

you must have missed the memo, manny lawson was god
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I think we shoulda signed Asomugha for 3 years at least.. The guy will benefit from out already great D, and he's gonna end up asking for more money next year.

I also think that both T-Brown and C-Culv will be kept. Carlos and Whitner are both gonner after this year.
why would you do this? because you THINK the last two years were just a bump in the road? what if you lock him in for three years and then find out just like denver did with jerry rice and seattle did with Owens, he can no longer play the game? then what? you are talking about the exact polar opposite of the way the front office does the job
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

1976 was not embarrassing
Share 49ersWebzone