There are 266 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
we were mugged on offense in the first half and at the end of the game plain and simple. nothing we could do about it but fight through it.. One legged man in a two legged race.
yes the refs caused our team to throw picks and make interceptions,, yes its all becoming clear to me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
soft
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
if you want to play the game you gotta catch the ball luv. all year long our team was touted as the bullies of the nfl. well the ravens were the ones who punched us in the mouth and our reaction or the coaches reaction at the end, was to crawl into a fetal position

sorry but i said nothing wrong. the coaches did craw into a fetal position at the end of the game. I know i am in the minority here with my views but people in the minority are usually able to see things more clearly then those in the majority

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
gotta agree with amp, that the Whitner hit on Thomas was different in the respect Thomas lowered his head getting ready to absorb a tackle, Crabtree was pretty much defenseless and that was helmet to helmet
Its clear the 49ers sucked the 1st half. The Ravens beat us to the punch on every play and even on the kickoff after halftime. The 49ers made their adjustments and made it a competitive game the next 2 quarters. But I will say that I'm shocked we did not run the ball the last few plays of the game. The run is what got us there and we abandoned it. Even a bootleg on 2nd down would have at least put the thought of a run into the heads of the defense and probably would have loosened up the coverage. I am though, with everyone here and say that a hold should have been called in the end zone. That was pretty blatant and not sure why it wasn't called.
we were mugged on offense in the first half and at the end of the game plain and simple. nothing we could do about it but fight through it.. One legged man in a two legged race.
yes the refs caused our team to throw picks and make interceptions,, yes its all becoming clear to me.

clear enough ?
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

With all that said, it's a different game if the refs don't let Baltimore do whatever they want. Like it or not, excuse or not. Blatant holding, helmet-to-helmet hits, illegal contact, SHOVING REFEREES... come on.

We should have been good enough to overcome these things, but to act like they didn't contribute heavily is ridiculous. In the end, the team still blew it. But let's not act like the refs called a fair game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no matter how you slice it, that is a clear helmet to helmet shot in which the ref had a front row seat. To say otherwise, is just being dismissive to the fact that the refs KNEW they weren't going to call ANYTHING on that final series. I can understand not wanting to influence the outcome, but rules are rules and that dude broke one. Not even mentioning the other 3 or 4.
so do you think the refs called a special time out and got on the same page in regards to your theory? did they do it at half time in a special meeting or maybe they did it in a conference call when they found out the teams involved. i also assume their decision to screw the niners in the game had to get approval from roger g so i assume he took part in these meetings.. when you have a massive conspiracy unfolding, whether it be killing a president or screwing over the niners in the super bowl,, all parties have to be on the same page. now if you think i am being silly in these statements, for gods sake what do you expect with some of the screwball theories about,,"the nfl and refs were against all year long"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
and by the way if goldson had made that hit,, you all would be making music videos and posting it on you tube just like you did when whitner blew up thomas the year before in the saints game

Just stop it. If Goldson made that hit, he should have been flagged and fined, and rightfully so. Thomas was not a defenseless receiver and even lowered his own head. In fact, if they wanted to call the play a legal hit, then it was a fumble out of bounds at the three instead of an incomplete pass. Regardless of the outcome, again, stop polluting the thread with your drivel. I'd like to have an honest discussion on what good are our rules in protecting defenseless players, if they don't protect defenseless players. I mean Crabs is saying he lost vision. Are we not allowed to talk about this? Get over yourself.
with all due respect i think you and others need to get over yourself in regards to the refs against us all year long and in the super bowl blather you spout

Saints fans would look at this gif and say:

who cares? It is done.. over with. Glad you got your vision back, Crabs. That is all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

clear enough ?
if the coaches had not went into a shell on second and third, this play and this controversy would never have occured, that is what is clear to me
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no matter how you slice it, that is a clear helmet to helmet shot in which the ref had a front row seat. To say otherwise, is just being dismissive to the fact that the refs KNEW they weren't going to call ANYTHING on that final series. I can understand not wanting to influence the outcome, but rules are rules and that dude broke one. Not even mentioning the other 3 or 4.
so do you think the refs called a special time out and got on the same page in regards to your theory? did they do it at half time in a special meeting or maybe they did it in a conference call when they found out the teams involved. i also assume their decision to screw the niners in the game had to get approval from roger g so i assume he took part in these meetings.. when you have a massive conspiracy unfolding, whether it be killing a president or screwing over the niners in the super bowl,, all parties have to be on the same page. now if you think i am being silly in these statements, for gods sake what do you expect with some of the screwball theories about,,"the nfl and refs were against all year long"

so you think the fact that it was the final series in the SB had nothing to do with the fact that none of those penalties were called? Not saying it's a "conspiracy" but I'm 100% sure that the lombardi trophy being on the line had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that none of those penalties were called. If it had been Baltimore driving for the win, I'm sure they would've let them go as well. I never said anything about it being a conspiracy against the niners. Had this been a preseason game, they would've thrown those flags, as they should.
and by the way if goldson had made that hit,, you all would be making music videos and posting it on you tube just like you did when whitner blew up thomas the year before in the saints game

Just stop it. If Goldson made that hit, he should have been flagged and fined, and rightfully so. Thomas was not a defenseless receiver and even lowered his own head. In fact, if they wanted to call the play a legal hit, then it was a fumble out of bounds at the three instead of an incomplete pass. Regardless of the outcome, again, stop polluting the thread with your drivel. I'd like to have an honest discussion on what good are our rules in protecting defenseless players, if they don't protect defenseless players. I mean Crabs is saying he lost vision. Are we not allowed to talk about this? Get over yourself.
with all due respect i think you and others need to get over yourself in regards to the refs against us all year long and in the super bowl blather you spout
i think you need to change your view...you cant tell anyone to change their views when it was so blatant on all the crap that was happening with the Refs

no said it was a conspiracy...but it was a bad one sided officiated game...and that can't be diss-missed.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..

the 49ers actually played their best game in a few seasons
uh...I only reported it because it was mentioned today.
Share 49ersWebzone