There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Look at the dreaded 2015 offseason (WebZone exclusive)

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1109-look-dreaded-2015-offseason/
Wow. That's a lot of names coming up in 2015. The front office has to get busy extending people as soon as possible. Don't want to leave it all for 2015. Iupati and A. Davis are eligible for extensions right now. I'm assuming Kaep will be extended in 2014. Hopefully Aldon and Crabtree can be taken care of before 2015. Anything after that is gravy.
Trust paraag. He's brown
For those players deemed necessary for long term continued success (Kaep, Crabs, Iupati, Davis, etc.) they will make all the right moves so they stay with the 49ers. Some popular 49ers will go, as well as some unpopular ones. (Gore, Rogers)
I think they extend these players. Look at the FA, cheap moves they are making. Good teams find ways to extend the players they want (ie: Bowman, Willis, Staley, etc) and value ones that aren't deemed worth large contracts (ie: Dashon Goldson).

As long as we draft well, we are SET.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Wow. That's a lot of names coming up in 2015. The front office has to get busy extending people as soon as possible. Don't want to leave it all for 2015. Iupati and A. Davis are eligible for extensions right now. I'm assuming Kaep will be extended in 2014. Hopefully Aldon and Crabtree can be taken care of before 2015. Anything after that is gravy.

I hope 1 or 2 get extended thus year, either offseason, or in season, ala Bowman. My bet is the OL, Iupati or Davis, and Crabtree, that's if he wants a new deal now. He may want to test Free Agency.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Trust paraag. He's brown

One of the smart things we do are Roster Bonuses that are paid per game, so if he misses a game, that's a game check we saved cap room wise.

I also like how Brooks and Bowman's deals are almost identical. Same signing bonus and roster bonuses.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Isn't the salary-cap supposed to take a pretty big jump in a couple years when the new TV deal comes in?
We will have to do our best to sign who we can before then. Probably tag one guy and we will likely lose 1 or two of those guys. We will have to get good value and guys will have to restructure to give us enough money. Will be hard to say goodbye but Frank and Justin will probably have to go. In the mean time we have to keep hitting in the draft allowing us to let players go if they want to much.

Edit: Just for fun how would you rank the guys most likely to get re-signed?

Mine would be 1. Kap 2. Aldon 3. Davis 4. Iupati 5. Crabtree

Personally, I try to get Kap, Aldon and Anthony signed. Iupati might be cheaper than Anthony but it might be harder to replace Anthony. Crabtree will be tough... if he keeps it up not sure we can pay him 10+ mil a year. I would tag Crabtree or Iupati; we will probably lose 1 that year and 1 the year after we tag him.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM ]
As long as Kaep, crabs & Aldon & Bowman are signed, then we can fill in around them with our Gozillion draft choices in the next few years
Originally posted by KID9R:
Isn't the salary-cap supposed to take a pretty big jump in a couple years when the new TV deal comes in?

Supposed to, but the way the talk is, it wont until 2016, which is complete BS. It used to go up my 7M a year, now flat, 1M at most. complete bs. CBA decided nothing. NFL needs to hold up their end of the agreement.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Nevermind
http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/06/18/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-cap.aspx?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
As long as Kaep, crabs & Aldon & Bowman are signed, then we can fill in around them with our Gozillion draft choices in the next few years

Personally I hope we keep Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati and Davis. Forget Cully, he can be replaced, same for Hunter, we have LMJ. Then we need to worry later on about Boone, Willis, and Vernon on extensions.

Next offseason, Justin needs to be extended. Brown is a 50/50. It's hard to tell what the team feels on him. I think it's either Brown or Cully. So if Brown isn't extended after 2013, then Cully is, when he is eligible then.

Nevermind
http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/06/18/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-cap.aspx?

Haven't seen the article, but seen those cap numbers before. 2016 is 130M projected. 2016 better jump more. We only have 6 players signed(Bowman, Willis, Lee, McDonald, Staley and Brooks), and have a projected $92M in cap room, but that of course will change in next 2-3 offseasons.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Personally I hope we keep Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati and Davis. Forget Cully, he can be replaced, same for Hunter, we have LMJ. Then we need to worry later on about Boone, Willis, and Vernon on extensions.

Next offseason, Justin needs to be extended. Brown is a 50/50. It's hard to tell what the team feels on him. I think it's either Brown or Cully. So if Brown isn't extended after 2013, then Cully is, when he is eligible then.

I doubt they extend Justin, if he even wants to be extended, which I also doubt.