There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Craig Dahl to 3 year deal

LOL.....saw this on the Rams forum.


" Re: If you ran into Craig Dahl on the streets of St. Louis... It's impossible to run into Craig Dahl. He'll take a bad angle and miss you by at least 5 yards.
"


From everything I've seen, he's a very good special teams player, but a guy whose is poor in coverage and really needs to be coached up. His single biggest issue is pulling the Adam Dunn routine when tackling. I think working with Donatell could help him a lot, St Louis hasn't exactly been a hotbed of defensive back excellence recently.
So this is how bears fans felt when they got chilo rachal...
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The Derek Smith of FS

This is an effort player who will sell out on special teams and most importantly be OK with an open competition in camp and preseason.

You think Woodson or Delmas or Reed would be OK with a legit competition with a high draft pick like Reid or Cyprien or any of the 49ers current prospects?

This team builds through the draft, if you want free agency fireworks there is a team up north that is good at that.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I gotta agree. His numbers on Pro Football Focus are terrible. His reputation amongst Rams fans is terrible. What makes him such a good special teams player? I can't just blindly agree with every move we make. This one has me scratching my head... Maybe the money is pittance and they see how qualities that lead them to believe he will be a special teams ace or something.

Because the Rams wanted him to be a starter and the 49ers want him to be a quality special teams player and depth at safety, as well as bringing knowledge of a division rival into the fold???
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL.....saw this on the Rams forum.


" Re: If you ran into Craig Dahl on the streets of St. Louis... It's impossible to run into Craig Dahl. He'll take a bad angle and miss you by at least 5 yards.
"

From everything I've seen, he's a very good special teams player, but a guy whose is poor in coverage and really needs to be coached up. His single biggest issue is pulling the Adam Dunn routine when tackling. I think working with Donatell could help him a lot, St Louis hasn't exactly been a hotbed of defensive back excellence recently.
janoris and cortland are pretty impressive
I love the reactions on here lmao
Originally posted by gold49digger:
janoris and cortland are pretty impressive

Which is true and entirely relevant since they've been with the Rams all these years like Dahl has....oh....wait, its not relevant.
Originally posted by adamcarrillo17:
WOW 1 interception really down grade

its not a downgrade b/c he is going to be starting
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL.....saw this on the Rams forum.


" Re: If you ran into Craig Dahl on the streets of St. Louis... It's impossible to run into Craig Dahl. He'll take a bad angle and miss you by at least 5 yards.
"

From everything I've seen, he's a very good special teams player, but a guy whose is poor in coverage and really needs to be coached up. His single biggest issue is pulling the Adam Dunn routine when tackling. I think working with Donatell could help him a lot, St Louis hasn't exactly been a hotbed of defensive back excellence recently.

I don't know Jeff Fisher teams are generally well coached defensively so we might be able to salvage something but I'm not holding my breath on this one.
Baalke has done a great job... BUT I hate this pickup. Hope he gets cut by end of training camp. He better not be our starter
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So this is how bears fans felt when they got chilo rachal...

Nice overreaction.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,742
Dude color blind.........hopefully he see's red when we face the Seacocks
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So this is how bears fans felt when they got chilo rachal...

Nice overreaction.

Bears oline was porous before Rachal got there.
It's the three year thing that has me a little . . .
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,215
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The Derek Smith of FS

This is an effort player who will sell out on special teams and most importantly be OK with an open competition in camp and preseason.

You think Woodson or Delmas or Reed would be OK with a legit competition with a high draft pick like Reid or Cyprien or any of the 49ers current prospects?

This team builds through the draft, if you want free agency fireworks there is a team up north that is good at that.

"You think Woodson or Delmas or Reed would be OK with a legit competition with a high draft pick" True Dat... veterans can be whiny, B!TCH-MADE DIVAS!