There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I hope Dorsey and Woodson walk into 49ers headquarters and come out as 49ers

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by lazy:
geez is Woodson going to spend the night at 49ers headquarters and continue talks in the morning? freakin lingerer.
Hurry up sign the dotted line!

Have a feeling they're in there playing Madden and eating BBQ. Or doing lines of coke and hookers.......those are the most likely possibilities that I can see.

That sounds like a pleasant way to spend an evening
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Why not playing Madden on come or eating BBQ and hookers?

Eating BBQ while doing lines of coke off a hooker's body AND playing Madden?
Originally posted by LVJay:
Man, if Woodson gets signed, I sure hope his collar bone holds up while he's a Niner! I do like his cover skills/veteran presence, but his age/health is questionable...

This is my thought too. Hope they bring him in with plans to draft a young safety early.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Have a feeling they're in there playing Madden and eating BBQ. Or doing lines of coke and hookers.......those are the most likely possibilities that I can see.

Why not playing Madden on come or eating BBQ and hookers?

In all seriousness, with Delmas visiting tomorrow AM I bet Woodson is staying because he and Baalke have a contract worked up and if Delmas doesn't agree with the 49ers offer he'll call the rams back(who already offered him a deal but he wanted to vist us still) and sign with them while we immediately ink Woodson.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Man, if Woodson gets signed, I sure hope his collar bone holds up while he's a Niner! I do like his cover skills/veteran presence, but his age/health is questionable...

This is my thought too. Hope they bring him in with plans to draft a young safety early.

I definitely see Niners getting younger guys to step up for the future in these spots where they are trying to fill due to age/departures. But, in this year of FA, I can't help but notice (in areas needed) most of the players (interested in SF/SF interested in them) are up in age and/or injury prone (Woodson, Abraham, Delmas, Reed, Revis, Asomugha...).
I hope if Delmas is signed it's a 3yr deal thorugh 2015, that 2014 is killing us, now Dorsey is signed through 2014.
Originally posted by sfout:
In all seriousness, with Delmas visiting tomorrow AM I bet Woodson is staying because he and Baalke have a contract worked up and if Delmas doesn't agree with the 49ers offer he'll call the rams back(who already offered him a deal but he wanted to vist us still) and sign with them while we immediately ink Woodson.

So your saying that Woodson is waiting around to see if we sign Delmas? And if we do he's on the street? Gee thanks for hanging around Charles but we're gonna sign this dude.

I seriously doubt that.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I hope if Delmas is signed it's a 3yr deal thorugh 2015, that 2014 is killing us, now Dorsey is signed through 2014.

The good thing about Delmas is he's turning 26 next month (prime of his career). Because he's still pretty young, I could see him signing a 4 year deal. Btw, he was a FS at Detroit even though most people are viewing him as a SS here for some reason. Likewise, Woodson was a SS at Green Bay so he would likely be a replacement for Whitner.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

So your saying that Woodson is waiting around to see if we sign Delmas? And if we do he's on the street? Gee thanks for hanging around Charles but we're gonna sign this dude.

I seriously doubt that.

yea doubt a future hall of famer is sticking around to be a 2nd choice to delmas.

Whats the word on Delmas? Is he a better option than Woodson or Reed?
Originally posted by kemp_j:

Whats the word on Delmas? Is he a better option than Woodson or Reed?

Good athlete. Made of glass.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I seriously doubt that.

yea doubt a future hall of famer is sticking around to be a 2nd choice to delmas.

If Woodson is still here, negotiations are probably still in progress. Won't be surprised if Delmas gets here right before Woodson and the Niners agree on a contract. Or MAYBE....they sign both Delmas and Woodson and release Whitner?
Well, we're halfway to the goal of this thread. I think they still have Woodson duct taped to a chair in Santa Clara, so your wish might come true.
Good athlete. Made of glass.

Thanks. He's definetly a player you don't here much about ( unless your a Lions fan)..........
  • sfout
  • Veteran

I seriously doubt that.

As reported today, Baalke never talked $$$ with Woodson but you don't spend 8+ hours with a guy without telling him "We think you'd be a great 49er but look your going to fetch a bit of money because a. you're a future HOFer b. you're versatile c. you can lead our defense and teach the younger CBs and Ss on the roster BUT we have to cover all the angles so we will get back to you if we don't find a cheaper option."

Sorry Woodson is 37 and he's hedged his bets by saying only a handful of contenders will even pique his interest. His market is small and luckily for him will be open for days or weeks because any of the top playoff teams that lost safeties will sign him in a heart beat.

Ravens might lose Reed to the Texans, opening for Woodson
Texans lost Quinn to the Lions, might not sign Reed, opening for Woodson
Patriots have a terrible group of S and have to move McCourty to the back to shore it up, they'd gladly welcome Woodson
so on and so forth.

Look Woodson might be the best option but he is 1 or 2 year deal. We might as sign Delmas for 1-2 years for dirt cheap and if he doesn't pay off we draft the guy we want.