There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I hope Dorsey and Woodson walk into 49ers headquarters and come out as 49ers

Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Dorsey is more of an inside guy on nickel downs, and possible back-up at 3-4 DE....but his signing doesn't mean we won't go 3-4 DE. We still need a backup/eventual replacement for Smith, and Dorsey isn't really that guy.

Yeah, but now that backup DE and eventual replacement for Smith seems like less of a need than NT or S, even if they sign a safety in free agency. So, probably means they wouldn't go for a guy like Datone Jones in the first. He was my draft crush.

Or maybe draft a guy that can play both like Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, or Hankins
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Dorsey is more of an inside guy on nickel downs, and possible back-up at 3-4 DE....but his signing doesn't mean we won't go 3-4 DE. We still need a backup/eventual replacement for Smith, and Dorsey isn't really that guy.

Yeah, but now that backup DE and eventual replacement for Smith seems like less of a need than NT or S, even if they sign a safety in free agency. So, probably means they wouldn't go for a guy like Datone Jones in the first. He was my draft crush.

IMO, it lessens the need for a NT/DT, but not necessarily a pure 3-4 DE. So I think a guy like Datone Jones (who seems like a legitimate heir to Justin Smith's role) is still in play.
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Dorsey is more of an inside guy on nickel downs, and possible back-up at 3-4 DE....but his signing doesn't mean we won't go 3-4 DE. We still need a backup/eventual replacement for Smith, and Dorsey isn't really that guy.

Yeah, but now that backup DE and eventual replacement for Smith seems like less of a need than NT or S, even if they sign a safety in free agency. So, probably means they wouldn't go for a guy like Datone Jones in the first. He was my draft crush.

Or maybe draft a guy that can play both like Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, or Hankins

DP.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Dorsey is more of an inside guy on nickel downs, and possible back-up at 3-4 DE....but his signing doesn't mean we won't go 3-4 DE. We still need a backup/eventual replacement for Smith, and Dorsey isn't really that guy.

Yeah, but now that backup DE and eventual replacement for Smith seems like less of a need than NT or S, even if they sign a safety in free agency. So, probably means they wouldn't go for a guy like Datone Jones in the first. He was my draft crush.

Or maybe draft a guy that can play both like Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, or Hankins

Definitely him. I think Williams solves both d-line problems better than any prospect in this draft, especially now.
It looks like a move up for Kenny Vaccaro is more likely now.
We signed Woodson
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We signed Woodson

Proof? I'm not seeing it in feeds.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
It looks like a move up for Kenny Vaccaro is more likely now.

If we make no other moves in the secondary, I would agree (him or Cyprien). But I think we'll make at least one more big move that impacts the secondary and nullifies the need to move up for a safety.
Originally posted by Chanhopper415:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We signed Woodson

Proof? I'm not seeing it in feeds.

@MaioccoCSN: If 49ers reach deal w/ Charles Woodson (it's a good sign he's in the building), top two needs entering day filled. http://t.co/jHou4NsZsJ
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
@MaioccoCSN: If 49ers reach deal w/ Charles Woodson (it's a good sign he's in the building), top two needs entering day filled. http://t.co/jHou4NsZsJ

Oh i thought it was a confirmed deal already. I saw that tweet earlier.
If we sign Woodson, the next domino to fall is to trade for Revis.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If we sign Woodson, the next domino to fall is to trade for Revis.

Damn I hope so
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If we sign Woodson, the next domino to fall is to trade for Revis.

Stop playing with my emotions!!
Originally posted by Chanhopper415:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
@MaioccoCSN: If 49ers reach deal w/ Charles Woodson (it's a good sign he's in the building), top two needs entering day filled. http://t.co/jHou4NsZsJ

Oh i thought it was a confirmed deal already. I saw that tweet earlier.

Woodson is pretty much a lock to sign, he wants to go to a winning team, he's in the building so unless he stupidly asks for the moon he'll be signed in a few hrs
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
If we sign Woodson, the next domino to fall is to trade for Revis.

Stop playing with my emotions!!

Total speculation on my part, but we have more picks than we're going to make, and we clearly have a desire to revamp our secondary. I can see that deal happening more so than signing a free agent corner.