LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

I hope Dorsey and Woodson walk into 49ers headquarters and come out as 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
IMO, Dorsey is more of an inside guy on nickel downs, and possible back-up at 3-4 DE....but his signing doesn't mean we won't go 3-4 DE. We still need a backup/eventual replacement for Smith, and Dorsey isn't really that guy.

Yeah, but now that backup DE and eventual replacement for Smith seems like less of a need than NT or S, even if they sign a safety in free agency. So, probably means they wouldn't go for a guy like Datone Jones in the first. He was my draft crush.

Or maybe draft a guy that can play both like Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, or Hankins
IMO, Dorsey is more of an inside guy on nickel downs, and possible back-up at 3-4 DE....but his signing doesn't mean we won't go 3-4 DE. We still need a backup/eventual replacement for Smith, and Dorsey isn't really that guy.

Yeah, but now that backup DE and eventual replacement for Smith seems like less of a need than NT or S, even if they sign a safety in free agency. So, probably means they wouldn't go for a guy like Datone Jones in the first. He was my draft crush.

IMO, it lessens the need for a NT/DT, but not necessarily a pure 3-4 DE. So I think a guy like Datone Jones (who seems like a legitimate heir to Justin Smith's role) is still in play.

Or maybe draft a guy that can play both like Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, or Hankins

DP.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 13, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]

Definitely him. I think Williams solves both d-line problems better than any prospect in this draft, especially now.
It looks like a move up for Kenny Vaccaro is more likely now.
We signed Woodson
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We signed Woodson

Proof? I'm not seeing it in feeds.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
It looks like a move up for Kenny Vaccaro is more likely now.

If we make no other moves in the secondary, I would agree (him or Cyprien). But I think we'll make at least one more big move that impacts the secondary and nullifies the need to move up for a safety.
Originally posted by Chanhopper415:
We signed Woodson

Proof? I'm not seeing it in feeds.

@MaioccoCSN: If 49ers reach deal w/ Charles Woodson (it's a good sign he's in the building), top two needs entering day filled. http://t.co/jHou4NsZsJ
@MaioccoCSN: If 49ers reach deal w/ Charles Woodson (it's a good sign he's in the building), top two needs entering day filled. http://t.co/jHou4NsZsJ

Oh i thought it was a confirmed deal already. I saw that tweet earlier.

If we sign Woodson, the next domino to fall is to trade for Revis.

Damn I hope so

Stop playing with my emotions!!
Originally posted by Chanhopper415:

Oh i thought it was a confirmed deal already. I saw that tweet earlier.

Woodson is pretty much a lock to sign, he wants to go to a winning team, he's in the building so unless he stupidly asks for the moon he'll be signed in a few hrs
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Stop playing with my emotions!!

Total speculation on my part, but we have more picks than we're going to make, and we clearly have a desire to revamp our secondary. I can see that deal happening more so than signing a free agent corner.
Share 49ersWebzone