There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Possible Replacements for FS

Ed Reed or someone in the up coming NFL Draft like Eric Reed in the second round or maybe Matt Elam from Florida.
Let Goldson walk. Getting into this mentality that "we have to keep" so and so will put us back in the dark years. We have the best coaching staff and the best FO, we can win with anyone Baalke brings in.
Originally posted by 49Hounds:
Adrian Wilson was released today. Of course that potential pickup would offer a similar scenario as Marvin indicated for Ed Reed.

Just tossing out names

I like Adrian Wilson, his only problem was he played for the sorry Cards. He would be a great pick up for us.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by 49Hounds:
Adrian Wilson was released today. Of course that potential pickup would offer a similar scenario as Marvin indicated for Ed Reed.

Just tossing out names

I like Adrian Wilson, his only problem was he played for the sorry Cards. He would be a great pick up for us.

adrian wilson can't cover, he'd be a terrible fs.
For all of you whining about "can't have 2 rookies in the secondary" .....


See:

San Francisco 49ers Starting Secondary, 1981

Lott, Williamson, Hicks, Wright. Combined ONE year NFL experience.

Have a great day!
Word is Louis Delmas is unhappy with contract progression (or lack thereof) in Detroit, I haven't seen much of him nor know much of him. Thoughts?
Originally posted by Beeker:
For all of you whining about "can't have 2 rookies in the secondary" .....


See:

San Francisco 49ers Starting Secondary, 1981

Lott, Williamson, Hicks, Wright. Combined ONE year NFL experience.

Have a great day!

Yeah that was a great secondary! We can build it this year with our picks.
Eric Reid, but we'll sign a vet to compete with him.
Goldson is gone bc he has already went to a sb and has never gotten a pay day yet, so you know he is looking for his big payday 8 mil a year finally. So he is as good as gone.....fans should accept this fact and hopefully we can sign a vet for 4 mil a year like Woodson or reed, that way we will have little to no drop off in production and save 4 or so mil that would of went to Goldson and apply that to Abraham or another fa cb
Bring in CHRIS GAMBLE from carolina and move CULLIVER to free safety add OSI or Seymour And we are ready to go...our draft will bring us NT,DE,DT,OLB
Still though if I was in his shoes, I would sign for 6 mil a year with the Niners. How many millions and extravagance do you need? Seriously, family, house, cars, and playing for a team that will probably win a few championships in the years to come; I wouldn't trade that for an extra 2-3 mil a year.
Originally posted by Beeker:
For all of you whining about "can't have 2 rookies in the secondary" .....


See:

San Francisco 49ers Starting Secondary, 1981

Lott, Williamson, Hicks, Wright. Combined ONE year NFL experience.

Have a great day!

Didn't we do it again with Don Griffin and Tim McKeyer in 1986? And then a third time with Ahmad Plummer and Jason Webster, a pair that did look ok at the start of their careers?
Don't move cully to safety.. Bad move.. I say bring in Delmas
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Don't move cully to safety.. Bad move.. I say bring in Delmas


Delmas and draft a S, as there are plenty..
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,013
any news after pro days on safeties?

stocks rising/falling?