LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Good Justin Article

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Niners-Biggest-Boost-Would-be-a-Healthy-Justin-Smith-195583801.html

We really need to get a rotation for the DLine.

FA & the draft.
This year, the draft is the way to do it. I think lots of fans are missing the fact that this is a really lucky off season for the Niners. The draft is one of the heaviest in years in just the area the Niners need it to be.
Justin is, will be and has been the team's best and most valuable player.
Justin Smith is one of my favorite Niners, but I'm hoping that next season, Colin Kaepernick is the Niners most valuable player. I'm hoping he burns up the league and cannot be stopped.
Justin Smith is an animal and my favorite player as well. Hope he comes back stronger than ever next season!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Justin Smith is one of my favorite Niners, but I'm hoping that next season, Colin Kaepernick is the Niners most valuable player. I'm hoping he burns up the league and cannot be stopped.

This is what some people don't seem to understand (in the thread about Kaepernick's potential extension). If Kaepernick is dominating defenses, it won't matter that we need to let good defenders walk away due to Kaep's huge cap figure (which will be coming our way shortly) because the offense will be putting up enough points and the defense won't need to be as dominant as it is/was. A dominant QB is worth the huge price tag.

Basically, I'm hoping that by the time Justin decides to hang it up, Kaepernick is already carrying the team on his shoulders.
lacanfora said broncos might release elvis dumervil due to cap management

if he comes @ a reasonable price he'd be a good boost to the pass rush
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

This is what some people don't seem to understand (in the thread about Kaepernick's potential extension). If Kaepernick is dominating defenses, it won't matter that we need to let good defenders walk away due to Kaep's huge cap figure (which will be coming our way shortly) because the offense will be putting up enough points and the defense won't need to be as dominant as it is/was. A dominant QB is worth the huge price tag.

Basically, I'm hoping that by the time Justin decides to hang it up, Kaepernick is already carrying the team on his shoulders.

He kinda already did in the post season when the defense tanked a bit.

The QB better be the team's MVP if it is going to seriously contend for Super Bowls.
We are definitely not as good w/out Justin as the article points out.

People in the zone [in the past] were fretting on who we'd let go - Willis or Navarro because they thought it would be impossible to keep both.

Surprise!! both are signed, sealed and delivered. In addition we did the same w/Brooks.

New chapter. Justin isn't going to be signed for a 5 year contract - IMO, maybe 2.

Our DLine situationb must be addressed in the draft and FA.

And we'll be able to resign Kap.
the last seahawks game showed how important Cowboy is to our defense.

hopefully we use one of our first 5 picks on a disruptive 3-4 D-Lineman, having quality depth on the D-Line will toughen up our defense for a run at #6 , Dobbs , Williams and Tukuafu are decent backups, but we should be looking at bringing in a couple D-Lineman to groom for the future.

Bu Cowboy is the key player in our defensive scheme, letting a blue chip defensive lineman get a few snaps in place of Justin will keep him fresh for the lonmg haul

Originally posted by iLL49er:

that would be big!
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:

that would be big!

yeah if he can stay healthy

that would be big!

He plays a 4-3 DE in their system and he is only 5-11 (brooks is 6-3 and aldon is 6-4). Do you think he would be able to transition to a 3-4 OLB?
Originally posted by KegBert:
He plays a 4-3 DE in their system and he is only 5-11 (brooks is 6-3 and aldon is 6-4). Do you think he would be able to transition to a 3-4 OLB?

oh I didn't know he was so short. But Bowman is 6'0 and Willis 6'1. I think he could if he wanted.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Mar 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:

oh I didn't know he was so short. But Bowman is 6'0 and Willis 6'1. I think he could if he wanted.

i am not 100% sure but werent his best yrs spent in a 3-4? he's a guy who plays well w/ leverage...robert mathis and freeney i think are short too

actually freeney is a FA too but he's rumored to go to denver to replace dumervil when they cut him
Share 49ersWebzone