There are 267 users in the forums

Who gets tagged?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by buck:
Reports say the team will not tag Goldson. But, we will know later today.

Is today tag day?

In about a half an hour.

depends on what time zone you are in
[ Edited by buck on Mar 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Noooooooobody!!!!
This. If we don't tag Goldson I can't see anyone getting tagged. Would like to see Walker get it but I seriously doubt that'll happen. He's technically a backup. Plus I don't think we have the cap room.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
there shall be no taggeth
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think RJF gets tagged.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
there shall be no taggeth

I agree BUT, if Goldson doesn't pull his head out of his arse and sign a reasonable offer to play for a Superbowl team, his home team, we might as well tag him. I'd like to see him signed in the (+ $7,250,000 a year) - signed to 4 year 30 million range. The tag would be in this same price range anyhow! That said, he needs to be moved badly to SS. If Goldson wants to have LT security...sign the deal!
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM ]
I think RJF just tagged.

?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Goldson will get tagged

per AdamSchefter: Players not expected to be tagged today include: WR Wes Welker, OT Jake Long, P Shane Lechler, S Dashon Goldson, TE Dustin Keller.

lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I think RJF just tagged.

?

Sorry, typo. Fixed.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM ]
is today the deadline?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
is today the deadline?

Yes, 4pm EST.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
is today the deadline?

Yes. 3pm EST.

Nobody. Trading Alex and releasing Akers puts 'em @ $12.5M under the cap...which might be enough to re-sign Walker, potentially Goldson and ??
Originally posted by elguapo:
Nobody but it sucks that Goldson is probably gone. Our secondary will suffer, but at least if we sign a number one cb it will soften the blow and we may even imorove in our secondary. If Goldson will cost about 8 mil, maybe we could sign Woodson or reed to about a 5 mil a year and use the other 3-4 mil we would of spent on Goldson to put towards a solid cb.

Would love to keep Goldson, but we would do just as well signing a Delmas while grooming a draft pick.

Are there multiple Louis Delmas'? Biggest pet peeve but I'll be hearing a lot of it as draft approaches. Don't see why people need to use the word "a" before someone's name.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Nobody but it sucks that Goldson is probably gone. Our secondary will suffer, but at least if we sign a number one cb it will soften the blow and we may even imorove in our secondary. If Goldson will cost about 8 mil, maybe we could sign Woodson or reed to about a 5 mil a year and use the other 3-4 mil we would of spent on Goldson to put towards a solid cb.

Would love to keep Goldson, but we would do just as well signing a Delmas while grooming a draft pick.

Are there multiple Louis Delmas'? Biggest pet peeve but I'll be hearing a lot of it as draft approaches. Don't see why people need to use the word "a" before someone's name.

I was generalizing getting a free agent type. That's why I used "a". It's probably not even proper grammar.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone