LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Why Niners Picked A.J Jenkins instead of Stephen Hill?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

• rdc1
  • Veteran
Keep in mind that Colin is a maniac when it comes to work outs and weightlifting. If Jenkins adopts Colin's training routine (and that is what they are there for) then he will bulk up and come away stronger.
Im more curious as to why we just signed Joe Hastings again?
Originally posted by cools:
Hands, Seperation, Quickness, Route Running

He does need to put on some muscle, and he struggled to learn the system,
Jury still out

This
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Im more curious as to why we just signed Joe Hastings again?

Camp fodder like last year. We have to carry 93 players at one point in the off-season. There will probably be 9 wide receivers.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Camp fodder like last year. We have to carry 93 players at one point in the off-season. There will probably be 9 wide receivers.

Ok that makes sense then.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
I was unaware Hill tore it up so much with the Jets.

to jenkins, relatively speaking he did!

not really, he barely contributed at all
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

we dont do good in late 1st round picks
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
49ers basically spent a 1st rounder on a Slot wr. i just cant vision AJ Jenkins holding up on the outside unless he bulks up. Talk about a wasted pick possibly. We coulda gotten Hill, or a DE/DT Like Kendall Reyes. i'm still irked that they basically Bombed the 2012 Draft.

why r you guys so high on hill? He was average last year, give Jenkins a chance!
man cause we suck at hitting on WRs

after 1 year im not dismissing this dude already. wait til he comes back from kaepernicks death camp lol. hes gonna be a beast
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Kentwan Balmer had a highlight video

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
after 1 year im not dismissing this dude already. wait til he comes back from kaepernicks death camp lol. hes gonna be a beast

Hope so. I'm just hoping for 20+ catches and 400 yards.
....instead of Stephen Hill?

LOL, what has Stephen Hill done this year to warrant people thinking we "missed" on him? Or any other rookie WR for that matter?

We signed two free agent receivers last year, which would have made it tough for any rookie to get substantial playing time.

Jenkins will fine people. Relax.
What I like about AJ Jenkins is that he can 1) Catch the ball in lots of traffic over the middle and 2) Catch the ball one-on-one down the sideline. You have to have a lot of concentration and confidence to do that.

And in regards to him not starting much this year, keep in mind the whole draft class barely started. If Kendell Hunter hadn't got hurt we would have barely seen La Michael James. We were deep at WR this year until the injuries to Kyle Williams and Manningham (both good WR's and underrated). Once the both were injuried AJ was on the field at times.
Share 49ersWebzone