There are 170 users in the forums

Why Niners Picked A.J Jenkins instead of Stephen Hill?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lordsilva25:
AJ who ?!

Dear AJ Who?!

You failed to produce in your rookie year. You are now a bum. As we all know rookies who don't produce are forever garbage. Quit now.

Sincerely,

Niner Talk
you guys need to trust Baalke, every single year you have something to b*tch about. Everyone cried and complained Aldon who??? And then he came out of nowhere and Beasted. Give Jenkins a chance, he was way down on the depth chart.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
you guys need to trust Baalke, every single year you have something to b*tch about. Everyone cried and complained Aldon who??? And then he came out of nowhere and Beasted. Give Jenkins a chance, he was way down on the depth chart.

Anything less than 2,000 yards receiving and 20 TD's is a failure in my book.

He's worthless.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
I was unaware Hill tore it up so much with the Jets.

He had 21 more catches, 252 more yards and 3 more TDs than the guy we took.

You can't compare a guy who played and a guy who didn't play and say that makes one of them better.

Blaine Gabbert threw for 2200 yards and 12 TD's more than the guy we took in 2011. CK7.
Originally posted by Janitor:
You can't compare a guy who played and a guy who didn't play and say that makes one of them better.

Blaine Gabbert threw for 2200 yards and 12 TD's more than the guy we took in 2011. CK7.

Obviously Gabbert was better in 2011. CK couldn't even get on the field .

This is a great analogy. I think AJ can turn into a decent #2 or #3 receiver. Someone mentioned that AJ's main issue is beating press coverage and route running. All of these can be worked out with coaching. The talent is clearly there. I still see us taking a receiver in the first four rounds however.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Anything less than 2,000 yards receiving and 20 TD's is a failure in my book.

He's worthless.

cool story bro, tell it again
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Because he has E.T. long fingers
People that compare ROOKIE Quarterbacks with ROOKIE Wide Receivers are really showcasing their Football ignorance.

#2 WR? In what league, on what team? The Rams?

Look at his highlight tape. He rarely caught balls in traffic or muscled defenders. He basically exploited a slow Conference (Big10) with his speed and only his speed. Well in the NFL.....everyone has speed.

Wake me up when he beats out Kyle Williams
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by KEGster:
People that compare ROOKIE Quarterbacks with ROOKIE Wide Receivers are really showcasing their Football ignorance.

#2 WR? In what league, on what team? The Rams?

Look at his highlight tape. He rarely caught balls in traffic or muscled defenders. He basically exploited a slow Conference (Big10) with his speed and only his speed. Well in the NFL.....everyone has speed.

Wake me up when he beats out Kyle Williams

People who don't understand when other people are pointing out logical fallacies really showcase their ignorance.
People who don't understand when other people are pointing out logical fallacies really showcase their ignorance.

There is only 1 QB on the field

There are 3-5 WRs on the field AND they rotate with bench guys

At this moment: Chad Hall > Jenkins

I'm really rooting for the guy, but I feel like every time there's a specific player I'm rooting for, they never pan out. Which sucks, but I hope AJ breaks the cycle for me.

Examples: Mike Rumph, Ronald Johnson, Phillip Adams, Antonio Bryant, Tim Rattay, Jeff Chandler , Bryant Johnson, etc.

The only player I've seen turn his career around after a bad start plays for the Chiefs now.

Chad Hall Season statistics: ......

AJ Jenkins Season statistics: ......

Hall = Jenkins?
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Chad Hall Season statistics: ......

AJ Jenkins Season statistics: ......

Hall = Jenkins?

Did Jenkins have a pass attempted to him in the regular season?

Coaches created a specific play for Chad in the NLCS. How obvious for the Defense when he came in. I wonder what Jenkins was thinking at the time
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

You really don't have a clue what I'm trying to say do you....

I think he will have more catches this year
Share 49ersWebzone