LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2014 Compensatory picks??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
EDIT; So as of now, What comp picks will we gain for the 2014 draft .
[ Edited by 94605NiNer on Mar 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]
Dashon Goldson for sure. Soap and DW would be on the fence because of the percentage of snaps that they played. But Comp picks take into account FAs that we sign too, so only if we don't sign FAs this year (or less than the number of players leaving)
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
Lossing any of the following unresrticted FA Should net us some nice comp picks in 2014 draft.

Dashon Goldson, Isaac Sopoaga,Delanie Walker,Ted Ginn Jr, Randy Moss

Yes or No??

Everyone should go, including Goldson. I think he was playing for his contract, not for his passion for football. I could be wrong....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Lossing any of the following unresrticted FA Should net us some nice comp picks in 2014 draft.

Yes or No??

Everyone should go, including Goldson. I think he was playing for his contract, not for his passion for football. I could be wrong....

Do people have short memories. Goldson tested the FA market in 2011 came back and signed a one year deal, then he got franchised. If he would have signed the 5 year 35 million dollar deal, he would have peace of mind and still under contract. Baalke and company will let him test FA. This is a deep class at safety, I think he will not get top safety money.
Bump
Depends on how well they play, how much they get and who we sign. If we dont sign a big name FA we will get a end of the 3rd (highest possible) for Goldson. Walker depending on performance maybe a end of 4th. RJF and Sopoaga probably a 6th or 7th. Would cancel them out if we sign a few guys.
I think we could get a 3rd for Goldson, maybe some 6ths for Sopoaga/RJF/Walker. Seriously doubt Moss/Ginn will net us anything.
We're looking at another 12 draft picks in 2014... this team is gonna be ridiculously loaded even more than it already is in 2 years.
Also.. with the deal Desmond Bryant just got, RJF could be looking at a similar deal. we could be looking at a 3rd comp pick for Goldson and a 4th for RJF with a 5th or 6th for Delanie and a 6th or 7th for Sopoaga.

2014 possible picks:

2/3
5/6
6/7
IM sure the Niners will trade this years 4 for a 6th and 2014 3rd round a 6th for a 5th 2014 a couple of 7 th rounders for 2 6th round picks 2014. No way we draft more than 12 players that being said we have
2013 draftdraft
2014 draft

2/3 Smith
7 Jones trade plus comp. Picks

Losing any of the following unresrticted FA Should net us some nice comp picks in 2014 draft.

Yes or No??

Even if Moss and Ginn Jr. sign with a team, their snaps will likely put them out of compensation consideration.

Goldson, Sopoaga, Walker and Jean-Francois are all getting starter money. It's likely the 49ers will net a late pick or two once the dust settles with the players the 49ers will sign. Compensation isn't based on a per player basis, but rather a sum of (players lost + their contracts + snaps) - (49ers signed + their contracts + snaps).
I think Goldson and Delainie get third round comps and RJF and Soap 4th round comps.If..........IF.... we weren't to sign any FA's we'd be looking at:
7.................................next year
I know we'll sign acouple of FA's to change that scenario but it still shows Balke smarter than the average bear ( GM ).

I think the smartest, boldest move however would be to give whatever it takes to get the Raiders first pick next year and that would get us Jadaveon Clowney.
Originally posted by kezarkid:
I think Goldson and Delainie get third round comps and RJF and Soap 4th round comps.If..........IF.... we weren't to sign any FA's we'd be looking at:
7.................................next year
I know we'll sign acouple of FA's to change that scenario but it still shows Balke smarter than the average bear ( GM ).

I think the smartest, boldest move however would be to give whatever it takes to get the Raiders first pick next year and that would get us Jadaveon Clowney.

Put down Madden before you hurt yourself.
Here's all the players who factored into comp picks from last offseason:

Players Lost

Josh Morgan (2 yr $11.5 million)
Adam Snyder (5 yr $17.5 million)
Blake Costanzo (2 yr $2 million)
Madieu Williams (1 yr $890,000)

Players Signed

Mario Manningham (2 yr $7.75 million)

We're expected to get a 4th for Morgan, a 7th for Williams, and a 7th for Costanzo. Manningham signing canceled out Snyder.

Here's our progress in free agency this year:

Players lost (including expected losses):

Delanie Walker (4 yr $17.5 million)
Isaac Sopoaga (3 yr $12 million)
Dashon Goldson (~5 yr $40 million) *estimate
Ricky Jean-Francois (~5 yr $25 million) *estimate

Players signed

Nobody as of now

If we do end up signing Woodson, it would probably cancel out the loss of Walker or Sopoaga. Depending on what else we do, we could be getting 3 comp picks in the 3rd or 4th round range in 2014.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM ]
What's Madden ??
Share 49ersWebzone