LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
thinking 3rd

so much entertainment watching the Chiefs boards meltdown
These chief fans are funny. Alex Smith is 100 times better than Matt Cassel and he's also better than any qb in this draft. They just want something new and exciting like Geno Smith, but fail to realize that Alex Smith is definitely better right now. I don't think Geno Smith will end up being all that good either.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Somehow we will end up losing a draft pick again for breaking rules trading a player b4 we were able to!

There's no tampering. You can talk all you want. That's what you do at events like the combine. There is absolutely no harm in having a deal worked out. Just can't execute it until the new league year. That's not tampering.

Tampering is when you talk to a player who is not under contract with your team, or without that team's permission. No foul here.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Baldwin and Sherman can both go suck Pete Carrolls dick. They probably already have tho

Both Sherman and Baldwin have serious daddy issues and s**t.....can't get over Harbaugh for some reason.

Bet you any amount of money that Sherman is going to turn this into a conversation about Darrelle Revis.

He can't help himself.
This deal has been done since Baalke had dinner with Alex and his wife.

They'll announce it March 12th and Alex will have an extension in place in Kansas City.
These chief fans are funny. Alex Smith is 100 times better than Matt Cassel and he's also better than any qb in this draft. They just want something new and exciting like Geno Smith, but fail to realize that Alex Smith is definitely better right now. I don't think Geno Smith will end up being all that good either.

Truth. AND, they have exactly what he needs to be successful. A good running game, and their receiving corps aren't really all that bad (assuming they hang onto Bowe). Andy Reid runs the west coast offense the same us, so that shortens the learning curve. All things considered -- assuming the rumor is true -- Alex will do good things for them. He may not win them a bowl, but he can definitely make them relevant again.

Especially in that division.
Originally posted by redrathman:

They'll announce it March 12th and Alex will have an extension in place in Kansas City.

When did this dinner take place?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL Chiefs fans reactions

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361

Originally posted by baltien:

Truth. AND, they have exactly what he needs to be successful. A good running game, and their receiving corps aren't really all that bad (assuming they hang onto Bowe). Andy Reid runs the west coast offense the same us, so that shortens the learning curve. All things considered -- assuming the rumor is true -- Alex will do good things for them. He may not win them a bowl, but he can definitely make them relevant again.

Im gonna laugh my ass off when he has the cheifs beating Manning and denver twice a year until he retires.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Around 6pm, typical dinner time.

Im gonna laugh my ass off when he has the cheifs beating Manning and denver twice a year until he retires.

I want some of whatever you are taking.
Originally posted by jones49:

Around 6pm, typical dinner time.

LOL. It's on the home page that Smith, his wife and Baalke had dinner the other day. My amazing powers of deduction tell me that conversation started off with "So tell me, where don't you want to go?" a la Bill Rawls.

Thumbs up if you get the reference.
niners are a bit dirty for leaking this info though lol, why go public on it before it can be official, maybe to get other teams to say hey hey wait here i can offer more, if i were the other team id be pissed lol very smart.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Feb 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

This QB class blows. No way I would want any QB with that number one pick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I want some of whatever you are taking.

Manning is one of the biggest playoff choke artists in NFL history.

AS will have the chiefs as instant playoff contenders in that division.
Share 49ersWebzone