LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
No seriously, what 'effing video of Geno Smith are those Chief fans watching? Holy moly. Did they watch college football this season?
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL Chiefs fans reactions

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361

LOL look at their sigs

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
These chief fans are funny. Alex Smith is 100 times better than Matt Cassel and he's also better than any qb in this draft. They just want something new and exciting like Geno Smith, but fail to realize that Alex Smith is definitely better right now. I don't think Geno Smith will end up being all that good either.

Truth. AND, they have exactly what he needs to be successful. A good running game, and their receiving corps aren't really all that bad (assuming they hang onto Bowe). Andy Reid runs the west coast offense the same us, so that shortens the learning curve. All things considered -- assuming the rumor is true -- Alex will do good things for them. He may not win them a bowl, but he can definitely make them relevant again.

Especially in that division.

Im gonna laugh my ass off when he has the cheifs beating Manning and denver twice a year until he retires.

Hell yeah. I believe Alex is going to really play solid and win games for whoever he plays for. I could see him taking the Chiefs to the playoffs, especially in a division that includes the Raiders and Chargers. And then these Chief fans will act like they wanted him all along and knew it was a brilliant idea.
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by redrathman:
This deal has been done since Baalke had dinner with Alex and his wife.

They'll announce it March 12th and Alex will have an extension in place in Kansas City.

When did this dinner take place?
Around 6pm, typical dinner time.

LOL. It's on the home page that Smith, his wife and Baalke had dinner the other day. My amazing powers of deduction tell me that conversation started off with "So tell me, where don't you want to go?" a la Bill Rawls.

Thumbs up if you get the reference.

Tanks i missed that article.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
These chief fans are funny. Alex Smith is 100 times better than Matt Cassel and he's also better than any qb in this draft. They just want something new and exciting like Geno Smith, but fail to realize that Alex Smith is definitely better right now. I don't think Geno Smith will end up being all that good either.

Truth. AND, they have exactly what he needs to be successful. A good running game, and their receiving corps aren't really all that bad (assuming they hang onto Bowe). Andy Reid runs the west coast offense the same us, so that shortens the learning curve. All things considered -- assuming the rumor is true -- Alex will do good things for them. He may not win them a bowl, but he can definitely make them relevant again.

Im gonna laugh my ass off when he has the cheifs beating Manning and denver twice a year until he retires.

I want some of whatever you are taking.

Manning is one of the biggest playoff choke artists in NFL history.

AS will have the chiefs as instant playoff contenders in that division.

who in that division, raiders, chiefs, SD, and who? those other 2 teams suck, chiefs will be playoff contenders with smith.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by redrathman:
This deal has been done since Baalke had dinner with Alex and his wife.

They'll announce it March 12th and Alex will have an extension in place in Kansas City.

When did this dinner take place?

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Alex-Smith-dine-over-the-future-4298938.php

Thanks. missed the article.
they're quoting posts from this thread on their board as if they're facts
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
niners are a bite dirty for leaking this info though lol, why go public on it before it can be official, maybe to get other teams to say hey hey wait here i can offer more, if i were the other team id be pissed lol

Who said we leaked it? And even if we did, we still maintain leverage. Now that the trade rumors are getting real exposure, and the price will only go up because -- the word is at least -- none of the current QB's in the draft are consensus, number one picks. If that's true, that makes Smith easily the best QB available on the market.

who in that division, raiders, chiefs, SD, and who? those other 2 teams suck, chiefs will be playoff contenders with smith.

Denver. thats why i said i look forward to watching AS beat manning.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
No seriously, what 'effing video of Geno Smith are those Chief fans watching? Holy moly. Did they watch college football this season?
He's their franchise savior, delusional bunch.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
KC also as an excellent RB, good OLine.

It's an excellent fit for them w/Alex. I'm hoping for their first pick in the 3rd round.

Triple win - KC wins, Alex wins and we win. PLUS we stick it to the Raiders by making their division that much tougher.

Yeah don't forget, Jamaal Charles is a damn good back and in his prime. Had over 1,500 yds - 5.3 per on a s**t team. That'll work well with A.S.
Gonna get that second round value i have been saying we would get all along.

If its a 2014 pick, it very well may be a 1st round pick.

Im thinking #33 this year though.

No way in hell they settled this early for a 4th rounder, or a conditional pick.

I hope you are right. As an FYI the chiefs own the 34th pick, not the 33rd in round 2.
niners are a bit dirty for leaking this info though lol, why go public on it before it can be official, maybe to get other teams to say hey hey wait here i can offer more, if i were the other team id be pissed lol very smart.

The Niners didn't leak anything. They've supposedly been informing interested teams that a deal for Alex Smith is already in place. The teams being informed are probably the ones who've asked about Alex's services, like the Browns and Cardinals. Those teams are the ones leaking the info.
so who will get pegged for doing this too early, us or the chiefs? isnt this tampering? lance briggs b******t with the bears we lost a pick

Manning will smack the Chiefs around twice a year whether Alex Smith is in KC or not. However, KC can contend for the AFC West with or without Alex if they are healthy because SD and Oakland are awful. They can contend, but as long as Peyton is in Denver, the Broncos will win that division every year.

Whether Peyton chokes in the playoffs or not is irrelevant. The point is he'll be there and the Chiefs won't unless they land a wildcard spot.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Feb 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone