There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

FYI KCs 2nd is Pick 34 not 33.
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:

if thats true, dam we made out good in that one.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I agree. Doesn't reflect on his actual playing ability at all though. Just the bust stigma still attached to Alex.

Unless you want to use this as confirmation that Alex does indeed suck because you know, the majority is always right, right?


Is there a bust stigma to Alex Smith outside of SF? I think that most people view him as a competent decision maker with good not great skills who has 8 years experience and can help their team immediately. In other words, a rarity if you review the actual performance of QB's in the NFL for the past few years, if ever.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Losing A Smith makes the 49ers a worse team. That will be understood the minute after CK goes down with bruised ribs, or whatever. Smith took a lot of heat for things that weren't always his fault. He showed class in being demoted while remaining a positive influence on CK. The Smith bashing is silly and out of place. And we need to get much more than a 3rd rounder for a QB with 104 rating. Smith can help a lot of teams stabilize, including KC.


I will jump through the roof if we get KC's 1st 3rd rounder. We're not getting anything higher than that.
What they give up for matt cassel. I expect a cutler type trade after that mistake.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
I started reading their thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361

when it was at 7 pages ... can't keep it. Damn thread is on
Explosion MODE. Amusing yet interesting, none the less.

It's now at 29 pages and growing


Man them dudes are pissed.

And, since one poster mentioned the Home Page of NFL.com it's accelerated ...
up to 37 pages.

[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by father49er:
Whatever happened to Alex Smith to Arizona?

only happen if he was released and signed as a FA. the organization would never trade him within the division.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
How do you know that CK is going down with bruised ribs


Or whatever. They all go down eventually. Even the hyper athletes, studs like CK.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
if thats true, dam we made out good in that one.

Thats what I'm saying!
I was hoping for the 49ers to trade him for a top CB but oh well...They better get a 2nd rounder for this.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Trent Baalke and Harbaugh just had a great day according to NFL Network

Nice!
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Gonna get that second round value i have been saying we would get all along.

If its a 2014 pick, it very well may be a 1st round pick.

Im thinking #33 this year though.



No way in hell they settled this early for a 4th rounder, or a conditional pick.

yea thats what im thinking too, the 49er front office ain't dumb.

Only other option i see is a swap of picks, but i think ultimately the value will be 2nd round value atleast, regardless if its a second straight up, or a package swap.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Losing A Smith makes the 49ers a worse team. That will be understood the minute after CK goes down with bruised ribs, or whatever. Smith took a lot of heat for things that weren't always his fault. He showed class in being demoted while remaining a positive influence on CK. The Smith bashing is silly and out of place. And we need to get much more than a 3rd rounder for a QB with 104 rating. Smith can help a lot of teams stabilize, including KC.

CK wears a flack jacket and he is sliding and escaping contact rather well I might add. You can't keep 2 starting caliber playoff game winning QBs on the same roster under the age of 28 often in this league. Smith wants to start and he deserves that chance and we should get something good in return for him. Aside from that, we have a HC that will draft and develop yet another capable QB to fill in for Smith
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"49ers' quarterbacks come to Kansas City to die. Kaepernick in 2025. Can't wait."


lol … silly rabbit!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Make it KC's 3rd round pick damnit!

That would be ideal.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I agree. Doesn't reflect on his actual playing ability at all though. Just the bust stigma still attached to Alex.

Unless you want to use this as confirmation that Alex does indeed suck because you know, the majority is always right, right?


Is there a bust stigma to Alex Smith outside of SF? I think that most people view him as a competent decision maker with good not great skills who has 8 years experience and can help their team immediately. In other words, a rarity if you review the actual performance of QB's in the NFL for the past few years, if ever.

Most definitely yes. Even last year the media still refused to give him his dues. How many times did you here the word "game manager" associated with Smith by the National Media. For the majority of NFL fans, all they here about other teams is what they here from the national media (NFL Network, ESPN. MNF commentators etc.)

Now that tune started to change a little bit after the playoff win vs. the Saints and his performance this year, but reputations stick with you and are difficult to shake.