There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Originally posted by Leathaface:
There's not one Chiefs fan saying, "OMG YES WE GOT ALEX SMITH!"

I think it goes to show you how he's viewed outside of here.

I agree. Doesn't reflect on his actual playing ability at all though. Just the bust stigma still attached to Alex.

Unless you want to use this as confirmation that Alex does indeed suck because you know, the majority is always right, right?
Losing A Smith makes the 49ers a worse team. That will be understood the minute after CK goes down with bruised ribs, or whatever. Smith took a lot of heat for things that weren't always his fault. He showed class in being demoted while remaining a positive influence on CK. The Smith bashing is silly and out of place. And we need to get much more than a 3rd rounder for a QB with 104 rating. Smith can help a lot of teams stabilize, including KC.
Read that on ESPN. Would be nice if true.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Lol and now Chiefs fans are trying to rationalize that trading for Alex doesn't mean they aren't drafting Geno Smith.

Do these guys live in an alternate dimension where Geno Smith is a can't miss stud QB?

i don't get it either, i see bust all over that guy.
Whatever happened to Alex Smith to Arizona?
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:

"I have a small social media source."

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Losing A Smith makes the 49ers a worse team. That will be understood the minute after CK goes down with bruised ribs, or whatever. Smith took a lot of heat for things that weren't always his fault. He showed class in being demoted while remaining a positive influence on CK. The Smith bashing is silly and out of place. And we need to get much more than a 3rd rounder for a QB with 104 rating. Smith can help a lot of teams stabilize, including KC.

How do you know that CK is going down with bruised ribs

I will jump through the roof if we get KC's 1st 3rd rounder. We're not getting anything higher than that.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
There's not one Chiefs fan saying, "OMG YES WE GOT ALEX SMITH!"

I think it goes to show you how he's viewed outside of here.

I agree. Doesn't reflect on his actual playing ability at all though. Just the bust stigma still attached to Alex.

Unless you want to use this as confirmation that Alex does indeed suck because you know, the majority is always right, right?

Many of them are also pissed that the last regime started this way. They traded Cassel, a guy who had a year or so of success from a great team and are doing it again.

If we swap second rounder from them i'll be amazed at Baalke's work.

That only means that the Great One gets to take over this team that much sooner.

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by okdkid:
I don't get it either. The dude has been all class. Never a bad word. Just competes (and wins) day in day out.

I mean, we have been asking this question on this forum for YEARS.

But the hate has already begun for the Chiefs fans and he isn't even a Chief yet.

Read between the lines brotha, people didn't really hate Smith; they didn't even know him. I think they hated the fact that Smith was so polarizing amongst 49er fans and we could not reach a consensus (not that we ever had the power) to get rid of him due to his lack of resemblance in all facets to Montana and Young. I think fans began to turn on eachother in general and Smith's supreme character didn't make it any easier. The 49erwebzone began controlling the hostility between Smith and Kaep fans because it became out of control. This guy really made an impact on fans, which is now becoming evident in KC. The best of luck to KC fans and Smith. I would much rather be RICH Smith than any future fan.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Anyone think the Browns could be a dark horse in this? Their new OC is Norv Turner, who we all know Alex enjoys working with and already knows his system. Plus Alex is still younger than Weeden (lol).
We're not paying 8.5 million for a backup QB especially with the Free Agents we have and the entire league knows that. Getting a 3rd would be a huge coup all things considering.

With all our picks, I'll definitely be glued to the NFL draft this year that's for sure. It promises to be prime entertainment for Niner fans.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I will jump through the roof if we get KC's 1st 3rd rounder. We're not getting anything higher than that.

This, that 3rd rounder becomes more depth on the DL, or a future starter at CB or WR.