LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Totally Opmistic

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are going to get our sixth ring this coming season. A major major triumph. We are talking history. It will be filled with dramatic struggles, but we are going to do it.

My apology to the forum for my recent behavior, I said a few things on a little too much hootch and got banned for 10 days or so. Fully justified, I was out of line.

Time out was deserved and beneficial. Good job Mods.

Anyway, I think AJ is going to shock the world this year and no one is going to have an answer. The whole offense is going to change what they do, so those game planning us are not going to see the same things very often. We will continue to surprise.

This Niners era is an era of destiny.

Yes we absolutely should have played up to the moment, but you could see the body language from the first minute. We knew we were about to be robbed. We were robbed in the Superbowl.

Everyone is paid off now and they won't be back.

Niner Time.
Thank you Roger Goodell. We appreciate the bone...
theres no where to go but down
I'm as optimistic as I have ever been about any Niners season for the following reasons:

-- I think Kaepernick has the potential to be a sensational franchise QB, a real force in the league for a long time.
-- The offense will not be a work in progress because it will be built around Kaepernick's capabilities from the beginning.
-- I think it's going to be a very explosive offense - more passing mixed in with an already good running game.
-- They have 14 picks in a draft which is deep with the positions I think the Niners need to tweak their defense for success - d-line and safety.
-- The Niners have 19 of their 22 starters under contract.
-- The Niners have a young linebacker corps that may be the best in the league.
-- The Niners have an easier list of away games than they had last season.
-- The older players still have at least a couple great seasons in them and they are motivated as hell.
-- This will be the last Candlestick season - it could be memorable (this is my only magical thinking).
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
theres no where to go but down
Well sure, if you you don't count winning the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
We are going to get our sixth ring this coming season. A major major triumph. We are talking history. It will be filled with dramatic struggles, but we are going to do it.

My apology to the forum for my recent behavior, I said a few things on a little too much hootch and got banned for 10 days or so. Fully justified, I was out of line.

Time out was deserved and beneficial. Good job Mods.

Anyway, I think AJ is going to shock the world this year and no one is going to have an answer. The whole offense is going to change what they do, so those game planning us are not going to see the same things very often. We will continue to surprise.

This Niners era is an era of destiny.

Yes we absolutely should have played up to the moment, but you could see the body language from the first minute. We knew we were about to be robbed. We were robbed in the Superbowl.

Everyone is paid off now and they won't be back.

Niner Time.

Great post. Welcome back. Hope all is well now. I agree completely that this team is built to last and be a perennial Super Bowl contender for good 8-10 years. I could very easily see this team 3-peatin SB 48/49/50. I so want them to get #6 and #7 - #6 so I can tell Cowboy fans to bite me, and #7 to tell Steeler fans they have to catch up - AGAIN
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]
Has any team won the Superbowl the year after losing it? If not, were going to be the first f**king team to do it!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Has any team won the Superbowl the year after losing it? If not, were going to be the first f**king team to do it!

Dolphins early 70's I believe

Super Bowl 6, Dallas beat Miami. The Dolphins then won Super bowl 7 and 8.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just trade everyone and rebuild.

Originally posted by Beeker:

Super Bowl 6, Dallas beat Miami. The Dolphins then won Super bowl 7 and 8.

I think Dallas actually lost it just before beating Miami.

BTW....that team that lost the then won? That was the UNDEFEATED 1972 Dolphins.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Exceptions:
10 losers and 9 "exceptions". Why is almost a 50% share called an "exception." Looks like a 50-50 proposition to me. And one of the "exceptions" came back three times. Now, the Bills were unfortunate enough to have to play the early 90's Cowboys, who were a juggernaut, in those last two.

Where is the juggernaut in the AFC today?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
10 losers and 9 "exceptions". Why is almost a 50% share called an "exception." Looks like a 50-50 proposition to me. And one of the "exceptions" came back three times. Now, the Bills were unfortunate enough to have to play the early 90's Cowboys, who were a juggernaut, in those last two.

That's kind of the problem with the era now. It doesn't matter if you're a juggernaut, it's all about who's hot in the playoffs. I don't know why but I get more of a satisfaction knowing that a team that was great during the regular season ends up winning it all. Back then, the underdog story was great. But now with all these underdogs winning, it doesn't even seem like their underdogs anymore. That's why I didn't like the Niners being the favorites in the Superbowl. Now that it looks like we're favorites again next year, I hope the Niners finally make things all right again! (Unless they really are the underdogs next year )
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Just got it from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_curse#Exceptions
Share 49ersWebzone