LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Ian Williams' journey to the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
This kid has potential to be a starting NT and we got him undrafted! Great pickup hopefully he can continue to develop into a stud while Tomsula works his magic.
the OTL special on him was cool, hope he makes the team. Glad he chose the niners, glad he doesn't have an attitude like scam newton.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by goodthings19:
This kid has potential to be a starting NT and we got him undrafted! Great pickup hopefully he can continue to develop into a stud while Tomsula works his magic.

Showed good potential last night, my favorite play was when he recognized a screen, don't know if you remember but screen passes were our worst enemy. Another play worthy of mention is when we rushed two down lineman, his motor never stopped running. He is capable of taking on two blockers but got beat at times and locked up. He just needs some time to learn the position and grow, but I see a lot of potential in him.
From South Bend to SF. No better route to get here.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Showed good potential last night, my favorite play was when he recognized a screen, don't know if you remember but screen passes were our worst enemy. Another play worthy of mention is when we rushed two down lineman, his motor never stopped running. He is capable of taking on two blockers but got beat at times and locked up. He just needs some time to learn the position and grow, but I see a lot of potential in him.

Yeah screens have been our weakness. I hope he can learn quickly and demonstrate his talent to the coaches early on. I hope this turns out to be one of those feel good stories with a happier 49er ending.
I can see this guy making the team:

J SMith SOAP RayMAc

Tufakau Ian Ricky J
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
After watching this how could you NOT root for the kid?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

J SMith SOAP RayMAc

Tufakau Ian Ricky J

I think he makes it, too. It will be interesting to see if the team chooses to keep Dobbs over Tuafukua
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
his mom looks like she can play NT as well lolol

She'd probably have to work her way up from the practice squad, but she looks like a classic 2-gapper.
who?

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I think he makes it, too. It will be interesting to see if the team chooses to keep Dobbs over Tuafukua

J SMith SOAP RayMAc

Tufakau Ian Ricky J

poor Polynesian players in the league, unless your name is Polamalu or Seau, your name is always gonna be misspelled. Its Tukuafu by the way...its all good though, its the price we pay for using way too many vowels in a name..
I'm hoping this Williams kid can make it also, will be interesting if that Dobbs guy also nabs a spot. Can't wait for the next game to see if these guys continue to improve.
Originally posted by samoan49er:
poor Polynesian players in the league, unless your name is Polamalu or Seau, your name is always gonna be misspelled. Its Tukuafu by the way...its all good though, its the price we pay for using way too many vowels in a name..
I'm hoping this Williams kid can make it also, will be interesting if that Dobbs guy also nabs a spot. Can't wait for the next game to see if these guys continue to improve.

Ya the TV broadcasters made it impossible to hide Dobbs on practice squad, lets hope he gets a fair shot I'm all for new blood on this team.
Originally posted by samoan49er:

J SMith SOAP RayMAc

Tufakau Ian Ricky J

Yeah, so Tuauauauakuauauauauafuauauaua () looked pretty good w/his pass rush, and on runs away from him, but he got pushed around a bit when they ran straight at him. Hopefully, it's just a quick-fix pad level issue. I think he's a strong, quick kid, and I like his hustle.
With Sopoaga out, Ricky Jean Francois is the Nt FOR THE GAME. Nick Mangold is a stud center, and they will bring it up the middle. They need Ian Williams in to be the run stuffing NT they are grooming him to be. If they rotate RJF and Ian Williams it will hopefully be as effective as a healthy Sopoaga.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
He will, it wouldn't be logical for us to only have 1 NT active. Tukuafu is not big enough to reliably clog the middle.
Share 49ersWebzone