There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

wow

this is gonna be a loooong off season.
Does anyone have the total play count for Jenkins and Hall?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Jenkins on the other hand, after an entire off season, and majority of the regular season, couldnt even get himself lined up right, and coach had Hall playing in favor of him. This is a first round pick we are talking about being sat in favor of Hall and Ginn.

If thats not worrisome, i dont know what is.

Ding-ding-ding, correct answer.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
And Hall had the same stats as Jenkins. Ginn had 2 catches for 1 yard. I think that shows more that it didnt matter who the 4th-6th receivers were, they weren't getting any playing time.
Jenkins was NOT drafted to produce immediately! When will people get that? With Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Williams, Davis, Walker, and even Ginn ahead of him for playing time the kid had no chance to produce.

Honest question, was this stated as fact by anyone in the 49er braintrust? Except for perhaps a QB you take in the 1st round and want to groom for a couple years, in today's NFL who drafts a player in Round 1 and doesn't expect them to "produce immediately"? We're not even necessarily talking 30 rec-450 yds-3 TDs...being able to beat out people named Hall and Ginn for snaps and lining up correctly would have sufficed.

In my opinion they overreached for a WR that more than likely would have been there in the 3rd Round, perhaps even later as some had him projected 4th-5th Rd. Regardless, the table is set up nicely for Jenkins...Ginn and probably Moss will be gone, Manningham and Williams coming back off injury, and Williams really just ain't that great, certainly not to the point where a first-round talent can't get on the field ahead of him. Unless he shows dramatic improvent in 2013, it won't be too soon to start saying he's a bust. And it doesn't mean Baalke & Co. suck, it would just mean a big swing and a miss on this pick.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Honest question, was this stated as fact by anyone in the 49er braintrust? Except for perhaps a QB you take in the 1st round and want to groom for a couple years, in today's NFL who drafts a player in Round 1 and doesn't expect them to "produce immediately"? We're not even necessarily talking 30 rec-450 yds-3 TDs...being able to beat out people named Hall and Ginn for snaps and lining up correctly would have sufficed.

In my opinion they overreached for a WR that more than likely would have been there in the 3rd Round, perhaps even later as some had him projected 4th-5th Rd. Regardless, the table is set up nicely for Jenkins...Ginn and probably Moss will be gone, Manningham and Williams coming back off injury, and Williams really just ain't that great, certainly not to the point where a first-round talent can't get on the field ahead of him. Unless he shows dramatic improvent in 2013, it won't be too soon to start saying he's a bust. And it doesn't mean Baalke & Co. suck, it would just mean a big swing and a miss on this pick.

This is nonsense, he was a Top 40-60 player on virtually every single draft board out there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is nonsense, he was a Top 40-60 player on virtually every single draft board out there.

He was gonna go 3 picks later to the Rams.

does it matter who the Rams reach for?
It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to see our under-performing 1st round receiver work out with his star quarterback. Obviously, if Crabs or Vernon don't go it's excusable... they are established players in this league. Still, it's nothing to complain about, but it is worth noting, IMO.
Originally posted by jreff22:

does it matter who the Rams reach for?

No but it means he wasn't going in the 4th round. Even if the Rams didn't take him at 33 he would have been taken by #50. The Rams rookies also produced more than ours. Then again they needed immediate production from rookies, we didn't. Jenkins would have produced for them.

Really? I admittedly hadn't heard of him, so after the pick I looked him up and remember reading reports saying he was projected anywhere from late-2nd to 4th, and read/heard post-draft analysts even saying 5th. Regardless, up to this point he hasn't performed anywhere near the level most would expect of a Rd 1 pick. Like I said, the ball is in his court now, he's in a pretty favorable situation and it's up to him to prove he was worthy of that pick.
AJ better get his ass in ATL ASAP. Plus he better call up Jerry for the hill run.
I think Crabs had this same thread in 2010
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I think Crabs had this same thread in 2010

While Crabs was hit with a s**t load of flack he did do something his rookie year.
Originally posted by susweel:
wow

this is gonna be a loooong off season.

This. X100000000000000000000 ...... It's like ... we're looking for somewhere/someone to displace on. We have .... what .... 4.5 months till camp? When is the first scheduled OTA? So the kid wasn't a megasuperdeluxeawesomesupreme stud in his first season. If your getting reps in practice with the 3rd stringers and PS guys ... you have no chance to improve your connection with the #1's. Even after Williams and Manningham went down, was A.J. listed as the #2 or 3 receiver? Or was he still working with the PS guys? Id he a bust? I won't say that yet - but if he comes out of pre-season as the #4 receiver, then yes, I say it was a wasted pick.
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]
Oh okay so just because AJ didn't have 100 catches for 1,500 yards and 20 TD's labels him as a bust basically. I mean OBVIOUSLY he's a bust considering he has Moss, Mannignham, and Crabs ahead of him in his ROOKIE year and isnt with Kaep 2 weeks after the superbowl.