There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

He needs to stay home and learn the damn playbook.
Hands on hips.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
While many were critical of crabtree, includeing myself, because of the holdout and missed offseasons, the comparisons stop there.

Crabtree came in and contributed right away after missing an entire offseason and a third of the regular season. He never looked lost with the playbook, he came in right away and contributed and claimed the spot as our #1 wr from day 1. Many were upset because we all saw the potential to be a great WR but alot of us worried he wasnt putting in the effort.

Jenkins on the other hand, after an entire off season, and majority of the regular season, couldnt even get himself lined up right, and coach had Hall playing in favor of him. This is a first round pick we are talking about being sat in favor of Hall and Ginn.

If thats not worrisome, i dont know what is.
of course this is the truth, idaho, as usual, is spot on. i know there are alot of people who feel they have to defend the pick or the coaches who made the pick but come on,, the man could not get playing time ahead of chad hall for gods sake. that is not a red flag???
Originally posted by cciowa:
of course this is the truth, idaho, as usual, is spot on. i know there are alot of people who feel they have to defend the pick or the coaches who made the pick but come on,, the man could not get playing time ahead of chad hall for gods sake. that is not a red flag???

I'm willing to say they gaffed on the pick. If you pick a guy especially a receiver in the 1st round and he doesn't catch a ball his entire 1st year and went without injury, that's a bad pick. I will still give him a chance, though. Next season I have to see something from him. I personally don't understand the pick when you look at all the smallish receivers we had already. We need a big body speedster that can stretch the field.
Maybe he's getting his expertly crafted facial hair touched up?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I'm willing to say they gaffed on the pick. If you pick a guy especially a receiver in the 1st round and he doesn't catch a ball his entire 1st year and went without injury, that's a bad pick. I will still give him a chance, though. Next season I have to see something from him. I personally don't understand the pick when you look at all the smallish receivers we had already. We need a big body speedster that can stretch the field.

harbs said nothing wrong especially about the big body wide out we lack and need
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
Originally posted by cciowa:
harbs said nothing wrong especially about the big body wide out we lack and need

What did Harbaugh say about "the big body wide out we lack and need"?
[ Edited by buck on Feb 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by corona55569:
Why is Ck7 and the receivers training in atlanta for ? Just curious

He's working on his conditioning and his mechanics, delivery, footwork, accuracy, etc. The receivers are there for conditioning and to develop timing with him and his passes. I'm told that the more you catch passes from a given QB, the more comfortable you get with the ball in its trajectory and speed.

Bottom line: he's dedicated to the game and we should all be happy.

Just like anything in life. Practice makes perfect.

pretty sure he was asking why the location

Yes the location I was wondering about... Well VD & D walker should b there as well, they have the most difficulty with the speed & trajectory... D walker is a free agent, and VD I guess is considered a "super star" status, wink wink
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I'm willing to say they gaffed on the pick. If you pick a guy especially a receiver in the 1st round and he doesn't catch a ball his entire 1st year and went without injury, that's a bad pick. I will still give him a chance, though. Next season I have to see something from him. I personally don't understand the pick when you look at all the smallish receivers we had already. We need a big body speedster that can stretch the field.

We need to wait for next year, but you are right--the Jenkins pick is not looking good.

Our passing game needs serious help. We need wide receivers who are productive, who get open, who catch the ball, and who move the chains.

I give a rats ass if they are big bodied or smurfs.

When I hear the calls for big bodied wide outs, I think of Rashaun Woods--and I get nauseous.

Fast would be nice, but Ted Ginn is fast, so it is clear that fast alone is not sufficient.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,723
Originally posted by corona55569:
Yes the location I was wondering about... Well VD & D walker should b there as well, they have the most difficulty with the speed & trajectory... D walker is a free agent, and VD I guess is considered a "super star" status, wink wink


Kaepernick did his training for the draft at Competitive Edge Sports in Atalanta.

http://cesperformance.com/

It is good that Hall and Lockette are there with him, but in general no one the team has any obligation to be there.

The knock on Jenkins, at least in my mind, is that Jenkins said he would be there. By saying that he created an obligation for him to be there.

It is still early. If he shows up, that is great.

But, if he does not show up, I will find that disconcerting.
When non-stories like this get attention on the Webzone, you know the offseason has truly begun.
Give the young men a couple weeks in their home towns to re-charge a little with their families and friends after the season ends for christ's sake. I don't see it as a huge deal at this point. If he never shows or waits until a week before OTA's to go down there to make a show of it, then that's another red flag.
it's clear from reading many of these posts that quite a few of you have never had a job that requires frequent time away from home.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,194
Originally posted by okdkid:
When non-stories like this get attention on the Webzone, you know the offseason has truly begun.

this
Originally posted by eastie:
it's clear from reading many of these posts that quite a few of you have never had a job that requires frequent time away from home.

Which he was all season.