There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by jreff22:
so 2 guys who will be released next year are working with him......

My prediction is that Ricardo Lockette will be one of the starters next season.

Makes sense to me. He is the next Alex Boone except as a WR this time around.
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by jreff22:
so 2 guys who will be released next year are working with him......

My prediction is that Ricardo Lockette will be one of the starters next season.

Makes sense to me. He is the next Alex Boone except as a WR this time around.
does he have a drinking problem?
Originally posted by THEB:
You act like these guys dont spend 5 days a week in the weight room during the season. Just cause he didnt play on sundays doesnt mean he didnt put in just as much work as anyone else during the week.

What he did do obviously didn't work......

Kinda put it on himself with these quotes....

"It's not really an offseason for me," said Jenkins, the No. 30 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Illinois. "I'm going to use all this free time I have to try and get an edge."

"Obviously, I want to contribute a lot more than I have been," Jenkins said. "So I'm going to make that happen and come back bigger, faster, stronger.

Obviously, they made me a first-round choice for that purpose," he said. "I'm going to accountable this offseason and make myself the kind of player that they want me to be."
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Feb 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:
What he did do obviously didn't work......

Kinda put it on himself with these quotes....

"It's not really an offseason for me," said Jenkins, the No. 30 overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft out of Illinois. "I'm going to use all this free time I have to try and get an edge."

"Obviously, I want to contribute a lot more than I have been," Jenkins said. "So I'm going to make that happen and come back bigger, faster, stronger.

Obviously, they made me a first-round choice for that purpose," he said. "I'm going to accountable this offseason and make myself the kind of player that they want me to be."

and thats exactly what hes doing, DUH
Originally posted by THEB:
and thats exactly what hes doing, DUH
not yet apparently... but the off season is still young...
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Feb 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM ]
he needs a coach that actually knows the position.....
I don't see all the hate.
Yes, he has a lot of work to do, being a #1 pick and not catching a single pass during the season & playoffs.

But to question his work ethic for not IMMEDIATELY being with Kaepernick at the start of the off-season is a bit much.
Frank Gore, for the majority of his career, always trained in Florida, close to his family. He's always come into shape as the most physically fit guy on the team.

Just because Jenkins isn't with Kaepernick now, it doesn't mean he's not preparing. And besides... what he does in the off-season is his business. I only care about his results when he's with the team.
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,347
C'mon Niner fans, the season just ended

In 40 years of being a Niner fan, Ive never seen fans or media upset because players were not back to work two weeks after the SB

chill guys, these guys have families to visit, moving arangements to make, etc etc

as far as Lockette goes..I had a feeling he may be in the Niners future plans back when he turned down joining another teams 53,
I'll be rooting for him to make it
[ Edited by cools on Feb 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Guess you missed this in the Kaepernick thread:

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch#49ers WRs Ricardo Lockette & Chad Hall training w/ Colin Kaepernick at Competitive Edge Sports in Duluth, Ga. A.J. Jenkins will arrive soon.

Yeah he was also joining JR sonn last year...
He should be already there
He looks lazy to me, a future rashaun woods ?
Hope not but right now he looks like it
Easy to kick AJ when he's down. Just like this board did with Crabtree for years.
*double post
[ Edited by SFrush on Feb 17, 2013 at 2:22 AM ]
Brings back memories when Crabtree was scolded for missing time in camp alex. lol
Originally posted by SFrush:
Brings back memories when Crabtree was scolded for missing time in camp alex. lol


Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Easy to kick AJ when he's down. Just like this board did with Crabtree for years.

While many were critical of crabtree, includeing myself, because of the holdout and missed offseasons, the comparisons stop there.

Crabtree came in and contributed right away after missing an entire offseason and a third of the regular season. He never looked lost with the playbook, he came in right away and contributed and claimed the spot as our #1 wr from day 1. Many were upset because we all saw the potential to be a great WR but alot of us worried he wasnt putting in the effort.

Jenkins on the other hand, after an entire off season, and majority of the regular season, couldnt even get himself lined up right, and coach had Hall playing in favor of him. This is a first round pick we are talking about being sat in favor of Hall and Ginn.

If thats not worrisome, i dont know what is.
  • jwine
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11
Originally posted by buck:
The last line in the article states: Another receiver, A.J. Jenkins, has not yet joined Kaepernick and the others but is expected to arrive soon.

So, it might be a good idea to see whether Jenkins shows up.



I think A.J. should have been the first one there waiting on CK7..It's not like he should be tired from a long season!!!
[ Edited by jwine on Feb 17, 2013 at 5:11 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,055
you would think if chad hall beat him for playing time on the field that jenkins would want to beat hall to camp ck. guess not. the kid still gets this off season with me but come august if we are still having this same conversation ,time for the coaches to suck it up and admit they blew it here.