LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
I honestly haven't noticed him since his days at LSU. How has he played in the NFL ?

Definitely underwelming. Reminds me of the Whitner/Rogers/Ginn pickup. High draft pick that didn't cut it on their first team. Probably be a good rotational player. Might flourish when all the attention will be on Justin, RayMac, Aldon, Ahmad, Patrick, Navarro, ...
His contract to dictate if Tomesula thinks he can play nose tackle.

Otherwise, he's replacing RFJ in the rotation.
I excited about the additions of Boldin and Dorsey. 2 guys that I wanted on the team but thought it was just wishful thinking.
Originally posted by xjrillx:
His numbers were horrible, some may even all him a bust. But it is time for the Niners coaching staff to untap all that potential that the Chiefs weren't getting out of him.

thats because the chiefs used him as a DE in 3-4, his natural position is DT! hes a legit run stuffer, who has the skill to get to the QB. Big time upgrade over Soap!
I like this move. I think with our better coaching we can get the most out of him
Right now, before the end of FA and before the draft, he only has to be as good as RJF, IMO.
Originally posted by xjrillx:
His numbers were horrible, some may even all him a bust. But it is time for the Niners coaching staff to untap all that potential that the Chiefs weren't getting out of him.

Bingo ... Can't wait to see what Jimmy Tomsula can do with a guy who has loads of untapped potential.
tomsula will coach him up
At this point, before FA ends and the draft starts, Dorsey has to be only as good as RJF, IMO.
tomsula will coach him up

2008 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:personGlenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

There was one rule that applied before all others for opponents of LSU this season: Find some way to keep Dorsey from destroying the offensive game plan. Few accomplished the feat and those that did were required to devote more than one player to handle the task. Dorsey simply can't be contained one-on-one. He has the awards to illustrate his dominance, as he claimed the Bronko Nagurski Award for defensive player of the year, the Vince Lombardi Award for outstanding lineman and the Outland Trophy as most outstanding interior lineman. As a senior, Dorsey had 64 tackles (39 solo), 11.5 tackles for loss and six sacks while playing the second half of the season with a sore knee. He's explosive off the ball, which helped him consistently collapse the pocket. He's more than just a space eater against the run. He has the speed to shoot gaps and strength to fight through double teams and get to the ball-carrier. He doesn't have long arms, which can let blockers get in on him. But, he still gets off blocks well. The bottom line is he's just more athletic than a man his size should be and what has NFL scouts drooling is he knows how to maximize his physical gifts. With Miami holding the No. 1 pick and in dire need of help to stop the run, there's a good possibility he's the top selection. If the Dolphins pass, he won't last long.
look glenn, we're saved!

*randy marsh voice*

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think he's was mis-casted as a 3-4 end. He's position here will be a NT.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Now lets get Woodson

Share 49ersWebzone