LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Glenn Dorsey + Ian Williams =

Both younger but both sub-300 pound guys. These two, at best, are one-gap NT's. I still expect us to get a more prototypical NT high in the draft and would expect Dorsey to spell Justin in run downs at RDE. Veteran insurance with potential for a decent upside with Tomsula.
Exactly I don't think he's built to be a NT.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Both younger but both sub-300 pound guys. These two, at best, are one-gap NT's. I still expect us to get a more prototypical NT high in the draft and would expect Dorsey to spell Justin in run downs at RDE. Veteran insurance with potential for a decent upside with Tomsula.
Exactly I don't think he's built to be a NT.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Betting on him being the new RJF. Capable of playing back up at all three spots, only this time we actually use our backup to allow guys a breather or two during the game.

This
Dorsey in Tomsula's hands we'll see him reach his potential...I'd bet money they'll sign Woodson, too. DL and FS addressed in one day...I like it!
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I wonder if he'll be more expensive than Soap
Probably soap usually runs between $5 and $8 dollars. Shhhh listen to the crowd laughing

Costco pack, 10 bars for $15! Discount!
Now go get LaRon Landry!!! Another top 10 pick on our STACKED roster...
Dorsey in Tomsula's hands we'll see him reach his potential...I'd bet money they'll sign Woodson, too. DL and FS addressed in one day...I like it!
Oh.... well... I guess we don't have to draft a DL now. Got Dorsey and Boldin, we are set at DL and WR forever now, right?

j/k
Take THIS seattle....
Originally posted by susweel:

Pat and Bow better get used to taking on guards.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
Glenn Dorsey fits mold of both Sopoaga and Jean Francois. He can play nose or the other D-line spots.

Versatility...
Awesome move. He was considered a dominant force in college and was drafted by the horrendous Chiefs who have had little coaching/plan/anything for years. Perhaps in a better environment he can really flourish for us.
May easily be an upgrade to RJF!!!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
So are we converting him to NT, or moving Ray Mac back to NT?

No. RayMac ain't a NT. Dorsey will probably be top backup at all 3 spots and probably see significant time at NT with Ian Williams. He is an interior defensive lineman. Plays bigger than he actually is.
is he any good? upgrade over soap?
Share 49ersWebzone