LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have a feeling Dorsey is going to be a beast playing next to Smith and Ray. Noticeable upgrade over Soap. Teams will fear running against us again
Scouts Inc.

Dorsey missed most of the 2012 season with calf injuries. He is a bit short but plays with excellent leverage and good strength. He does a good job using his hands to defeat and shed blockers and does a good job of feeling pressure and squeezing the play down versus the run. He has excellent short-area quickness and agility but lacks the great upfield acceleration needed to be a top edge rusher. He is quick to locate the level of the ball and takes good angles to get to the play.

ATTRIBUTES: 5 = elite 1 = poor
Run Defense 5
Pass Rush 4
Quickness 4
Strength 5
Recognition 4
Durability 4
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM ]
I like.
NICE sack and all around game yesterday by Dorsey.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He pleasantly surprised me yesterday. stout in run D with the nice sack. Hopefully he continues against Houston.
Next man up, and he didn't disappoint! Beast!
this dude beasting so far with us, hope he continues but he won't be cheap to re-sign if he does lmao
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
NICE sack and all around game yesterday by Dorsey.

Yeah he was beating.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Why the WTF for miller if you dont mind me asking?

Probably because he was a DE in college and was converted to a FB
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dorsey was ballin last night!

Originally posted by jimrat:
Dorsey was ballin last night!

I was hoping he would progress into the system game after game. I called it preseason. The defense will benefit greatly if he can consistently create negative yardage.
Loved it the second we picked him up. Sometimes certain players just don't gel with certain teams, but on the right team become what people thoght.

Smith is ballin with KC and looks like Dorsey might do the same in SF. And maybe Baldwin from KC to us as he gets more time on the field now.

Want to see all three succeed to their expectations.

Kinda like the Niner - KC connection that's been going on since Montana.
2 sacks from Dorsey out of the NT this year... that is crazy. Looks like the change of scenery helped him out, hope we can say the same thing about Baldwin in a few weeks once he gets more involved.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
2 sacks from Dorsey out of the NT this year... that is crazy. Looks like the change of scenery helped him out, hope we can say the same thing about Baldwin in a few weeks once he gets more involved.

It helps when your defensive ends are studs backed up by one of the best LB corps in the league.
Hope Dorsey can keep it up!
Share 49ersWebzone