There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

@MaioccoCSN: Glenn Dorsey, slated to play NT for 49ers, signed two-year, $6 million deal with $2.285M signing bonus. His 2013 cap is $2.2M, source said.
Glenn Dorsey, slated to play NT for 49ers, signed two-year, $6 million deal with $2.285M signing bonus. His 2013 cap is $2.2M, source said.

Maiocco Tweet, if correct these are his cap figures.

2013- $2.2M ($1,057,500 base and $1,142,500 sb)
2014- $3.8M ($2,657,500 base and $1,142,500 sb)
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Glenn Dorsey, slated to play NT for 49ers, signed two-year, $6 million deal with $2.285M signing bonus. His 2013 cap is $2.2M, source said.

Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Nice move by the 49ers!
This means there was no market for Dorsey and he wanted a chance to rebuild his rep on a short term deal....great play by Baalke.
Originally posted by bigwads:
This means there was no market for Dorsey and he wanted a chance to rebuild his rep on a short term deal....great play by Baalke.

Give me a hungry, athletic player that wants to prove themself (Ian Williams -- one of the BEST UDFA in 2011, Glen Dorsey)

Over a player that can dunk a basketball and dance and (or throw a football) lift weights but can't dominate the very position you should after 7-8 years. Or a guy that got pushed around like raggedy ann and randy after Justin went down.
I think Dorsey will be an upgrade over soap at NT. If he plays like I think he an play, the defense moves up to another level.
double
[ Edited by fister30 on Mar 15, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
Tomsula will get the most out of him. Cowboy will hopfully mentor him. He was a top 10 talent, and you don't get drafted that high without having talent. Either it was the wrong situation, coaching, didn't develop enough (which could be due to coaching) etc....I think he comes in and is effective is some capasity
Originally posted by fister30:
I think Dorsey will be an upgrade over soap at NT. If he plays like I think he an play, the defense moves up to another level.

I agree. I think Dorsey is still hovering around 300 because KC wanted him trim to play end. I think we're gonna have him bulk up to be stout in the inside. I think we lost Soap and RJF but gained a player far better than either and at a much better price. We have such a knack for getting guys to reach their potential, if that's the case we got the steal of the offseason here. I'm very optimistic about Dorsey.
... Agree with Amp.. and this is the same reason why I thought we should've signed Dorsey for 3 years instead of 2.. If the guy can come in and dominate the league next season, he's gonna want to either extend his contract, or play out the last year of it.

should have been for 3 years..
The more that I think about this signing, the more excited I get. Coming out of college, this kid was an absolute monster who dominated offensive lineman at will. The chiefs tried to turn him into a 3-4 end and the results were very mixed. I think the niner's plans are obvious. Obviously free agency isn't over and we haven't had the draft yet, but they have kept Ian Williams around the last two years and gave him an extension for a reason. Seems to me, the current plan is to have Ian Williams fill the Soap role and on nickel situations, Dorsey will be brought into his natural dt position paired up inside with Justin Smith. If Dorsey can find anything close to his old form in his natural position then this will be one of the better bargain picks out there in free agency if not the best one.
VERY optiistic what our coaches can do w/talent.

Just look at what they did w/Alex, Cully, Miller, RJF, Aldon. Most of whom were panned by "experts" as either over-reaching as in Aldon or projects, and WTF in Miller.

I remember Dorsey totally dominating in college and I believe he played against top talent. IMO, that talent is still there - it needs real coaches to bring it out and put him in the right position.
Dorsey's contract.

2013- $2,207,500
2014- $3,792,500

Base salaries of $715k and $2.3M, signing bonus proration of $1,142,500 each year, and $350k in workout and roster bonuses.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
VERY optiistic what our coaches can do w/talent.

Just look at what they did w/Alex, Cully, Miller, RJF, Aldon. Most of whom were panned by "experts" as either over-reaching as in Aldon or projects, and WTF in Miller.

I remember Dorsey totally dominating in college and I believe he played against top talent. IMO, that talent is still there - it needs real coaches to bring it out and put him in the right position.

Why the WTF for miller if you dont mind me asking?