LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
double
[ Edited by fister30 on Mar 15, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
Tomsula will get the most out of him. Cowboy will hopfully mentor him. He was a top 10 talent, and you don't get drafted that high without having talent. Either it was the wrong situation, coaching, didn't develop enough (which could be due to coaching) etc....I think he comes in and is effective is some capasity
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... Agree with Amp.. and this is the same reason why I thought we should've signed Dorsey for 3 years instead of 2.. If the guy can come in and dominate the league next season, he's gonna want to either extend his contract, or play out the last year of it.

should have been for 3 years..
The more that I think about this signing, the more excited I get. Coming out of college, this kid was an absolute monster who dominated offensive lineman at will. The chiefs tried to turn him into a 3-4 end and the results were very mixed. I think the niner's plans are obvious. Obviously free agency isn't over and we haven't had the draft yet, but they have kept Ian Williams around the last two years and gave him an extension for a reason. Seems to me, the current plan is to have Ian Williams fill the Soap role and on nickel situations, Dorsey will be brought into his natural dt position paired up inside with Justin Smith. If Dorsey can find anything close to his old form in his natural position then this will be one of the better bargain picks out there in free agency if not the best one.
VERY optiistic what our coaches can do w/talent.

Just look at what they did w/Alex, Cully, Miller, RJF, Aldon. Most of whom were panned by "experts" as either over-reaching as in Aldon or projects, and WTF in Miller.

I remember Dorsey totally dominating in college and I believe he played against top talent. IMO, that talent is still there - it needs real coaches to bring it out and put him in the right position.
Dorsey's contract.

2013- $2,207,500
2014- $3,792,500

Base salaries of $715k and $2.3M, signing bonus proration of $1,142,500 each year, and $350k in workout and roster bonuses.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Just look at what they did w/Alex, Cully, Miller, RJF, Aldon. Most of whom were panned by "experts" as either over-reaching as in Aldon or projects, and WTF in Miller.

I remember Dorsey totally dominating in college and I believe he played against top talent. IMO, that talent is still there - it needs real coaches to bring it out and put him in the right position.

Why the WTF for miller if you dont mind me asking?
Damn I hope we can tap that talent. Not sure why they put him as an end. Seems too big and stout.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Dorsey's contract.

2013- $2,207,500
2014- $3,792,500

Base salaries of $715k and $2.3M, signing bonus proration of $1,142,500 each year, and $350k in workout and roster bonuses.
Any incentives?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Only Alex of those didn't pan out 100% thus far. So far Baalke has been on the mark with the draft and free agency.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Dorsey's contract.

2013- $2,207,500
2014- $3,792,500

Any incentives?

From my understanding maybe, 1M incentives based on pro bowl berth would be likely.
Dorsey's contract.

2013- $2,207,500
2014- $3,792,500

Any incentives?

From my understanding maybe, 1M incentives based on pro bowl berth would be likely.
So how are incentives counted against the cap? (if they are) Do they count against the cap and if the incentives aren't reached that money rolls into next year? Or do they not count against the cap at all? I can't imagine the latter being the case because that seems like a gaping loophole that NFL teams would exploit.
Dorsey's contract.

2013- $2,207,500
2014- $3,792,500

Any incentives?

So how are incentives counted against the cap? (if they are) Do they count against the cap and if the incentives aren't reached that money rolls into next year? Or do they not count against the cap at all? I can't imagine the latter being the case because that seems like a gaping loophole that NFL teams would exploit.

They count if reached, there are 2 types of incentives. Likely to be earned, and non likely to be earned, his seems non likely to be earned. But if he does attain them, then it counts against the cap in 2013 and 2014, as an additional 500k on his base I assume that is the amount.

Teams used the old loophole, but that was for carrying over money, now you are allowed to carryover whatever is left over.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
isn't there already a Ken Dorsey thread?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Damn I hope we can tap that talent. Not sure why they put him as an end. Seems too big and stout.

tap the talent, I can remember saying that walking into college parties with my boys when we were surveying the females
Share 49ersWebzone