LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol bunch of bitter, fake 49ers fans. Cry all you want about the team leaving the city, but the city had over a decade to get a stadium deal done, and failed.

The 49ers HQ is in the south bay. The players live in the south bay. Always has been this way. They truck up to Candlestick 8 times a year and then leave. The name and the stadium is the only thing they had to do with the city.

The bay area encompasses ALL of the surrounding cities, not just SF. They had the 49ers for nearly 70 years. Now theyre moving a few miles south and its a "betrayal"? Give me a freaking break. People from SF being angry over this is childish bitterness. Be glad they didnt move to LA you bunch of babies.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
The citizens of SF have a superiority complex.... The city lost the 49ers, they only have themselves to blame.

No San Diego is the worst

/thread
I just had this big debate with raider fans. We were discussing how niner fans don't wear fan gear after a loss, and that it is rare to meet a real niner fan. Raider fans said they wear their gear year round and love their team to a fault. They even admitted that they have blind love. We do have a lot of fair-weather fans. It's amazing how many people have came out of the wood work. Even Madden has changed. I have been the niners since i could play online. Nobody was ever the niners, and now everybody is the niners. I have been a fan since i could remember..... Sorry, i got lost watching a Knight's Tale while writing this.
  • mod
  • Veteran
This pisses me off, they make it sound like they are the only ones who attend and support the niners, every time I go I talk to fans who drive from SJ, oakland, Livermore, Napa, Fairfield, Sac, Chico, Stockton Modesto, Turlock...

We make the drive all the time...they're just pissed cuz their hippy asses don't have cars and public transportation is a b***h from sf to sc
I guess after the Giants got the only good spot left for a stadium the 9ers had pretty much only one choice...land wise!!
Do niner fans need a test like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrkgIYbfbrQ&feature=player_embedded
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:
I guess after the Giants got the only good spot left for a stadium the 9ers had pretty much only one choice...land wise!!

I really wished the SF Giants would have moved to Florida like they were supposed to.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:

I really wished the SF Giants would have moved to Florida like they were supposed to.

why?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
the 49ers tried every possible way to keep them there....

No, they did not.

Hunter's Point was there and ready to be built after the government finished the cleanup. More area, more tailgating area, views to die for. They would have run an exit from the freeway to the stadium to lighten up traffic. But traffic, is always going to be an issue with a huge gathering for any event. A far, far better location with beauty and style. Not a frickin asphalt parking lot.

For those who don't like dense traffic after a game, Don't go.
For those who don't like a stadium with even amenity that will hold your hand when yo go to take a piss, don't go.
For those who don't like old time loud fans, don't go.
Ad nausa...

So in fact the Niners choose to turn a blind eye to where the "San Francisco 49ers" should have played, so that the FO could be pampered by Silicon Valley, get easier loans and kick out all the hard core fans by using their SBL's so that the new stadium will be a nice antiseptic "pleasant" place to go to. Especially for event fans, and not football fans.

I was a season tix holder for 24 years+, never missed a game including preseason, went to LA every year for the Rams game, went to NFC Champ games at Green Bay, Chicago and a couple others, went to 2 Superbowl's. SO I have history with the Niners and I say how do you call them the San Francisco 49ers anymore?

Sad but true, can you tell I think the SC location sucks?

BTW- I drove from Santa Cruz for every game, so I'm not from SF. But they are the San Francisco 49ers, you know?
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM ]

Originally posted by Niners99:
lol bunch of bitter, fake 49ers fans. Cry all you want about the team leaving the city, but the city had over a decade to get a stadium deal done, and failed.

The 49ers HQ is in the south bay. The players live in the south bay. Always has been this way. They truck up to Candlestick 8 times a year and then leave. The name and the stadium is the only thing they had to do with the city.

The bay area encompasses ALL of the surrounding cities, not just SF. They had the 49ers for nearly 70 years. Now theyre moving a few miles south and its a "betrayal"? Give me a freaking break. People from SF being angry over this is childish bitterness. Be glad they didnt move to LA you bunch of babies.
That right? what do you know? Are you a fake Niner fan?
I think the entire Santa Clara "They're NOT the San Francisco 49ers anymore" thing is such a load of crap. So the 49ers didn't want a stadium built on top of a Superfund waste site, with poor infrastructure, in the middle of a crime infested neighborhood. What other areas were offered in San Francisco as potential stadium sites? Candlestick served it's purpose. 50 years it served San Francisco. Where else COULD you build a modern NFL stadium in SF - with good infrastructure, easy access, low crime, plenty of parking space for the tailgaters ...... Answer me that. Also, I'm going to make the same tired old argument:
  1. The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington
  2. The Washington Redskins play in Landover
  3. The New York Jets and Giants play in East Rutherford, NEW JERSEY
  4. The Miami Dolphins play in Miami Gables
  5. The Los Angeles Rams played in Anaheim
  6. The Los Angeles Raiders played in Pasadena
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM ]
The strength of the 49ers fanbase comes from supporters OUTSIDE the bay area. We get outmanned by visiting team supporters. Have you seen a recent regular season Packer game, Steeler game, Cowboy game ? It's actually horrendous (and quite humbling) to watch on television. A lot of fans in the Bay area have always been half-assed at best (and Im not talking about members of this forum; you'd have to be diehard to be posting here ). The majority of fans come from outside the realms of San Francisco.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
No, they did not.

Hunter's Point was there and ready to be built after the government finished the cleanup. More area, more tailgating area, views to die for. They would have run an exit from the freeway to the stadium to lighten up traffic. But traffic, is always going to be an issue with a huge gathering for any event. A far, far better location with beauty and style. Not a frickin asphalt parking lot.

For those who don't like dense traffic after a game, Don't go.
For those who don't like a stadium with even amenity that will hold your hand when yo go to take a piss, don't go.
For those who don't like old time loud fans, don't go.
Ad nausa...

So in fact the Niners choose to turn a blind eye to where the "San Francisco 49ers" should have played, so that the FO could be pampered by Silicon Valley, get easier loans and kick out all the hard core fans by using their SBL's so that the new stadium will be a nice antiseptic "pleasant" place to go to. Especially for event fans, and not football fans.

I was a season tix holder for 24 years+, never missed a game including preseason, went to LA every year for the Rams game, went to NFC Champ games at Green Bay, Chicago and a couple others, went to 2 Superbowl's. SO I have history with the Niners and I say how do you call them the San Francisco 49ers anymore?

Sad but true, can you tell I think the SC location sucks?

BTW- I drove from Santa Cruz for every game, so I'm not from SF. But they are the San Francisco 49ers, you know?

San Francisco had their chance in 1997, but Eddie D ran into his legal issues and it all fell apart.

You have to plan these big projects 25 - 30 years into the future. If traffic problems are bad from the beginning, image how much worse they will get. The Santa Clara location is near several freeways and is not cramped or blocked in by a body of water.

Old time loud fans? What about all the fans who tell people to sit down and be quite? I doubt they are from the South Bay.
Sucks the team is moving to Santa Clara. No football history in that area and no more crossing the bay or golden gate to go to a game. Big stadiums are cool. But if rather watch games at candlestick than drive an hour and 15 minutes to Santa Clara, no matter how nice the stadium. I will go from attending multiple games per year to maybe 1 a year
Share 49ersWebzone