LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Meh... Now my trip to see Niner games will be 40 miles shorter.
The Dallas Cowboys don't play in Dallas and the Giants/Jets play in New Jersey so who cares.
See any Alex Smith-related thread. LOL
The City of San Francisco wouldn't play ball. They wanted to set up the stadium on a toxic waste clean up site. So right there, blame the city. However, I do think the fan base has the right to be at least a little upset with the way that the ticket and seat license fee thing is going down with Santa Clara. It's not good for the season ticket holders, but let's be real and know that their numbers are pretty miniscule compared to the entire fan base as a whole. So no, I think the fan base is pretty rock solid.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i think the 49ers fan base is in the surrounding bay area, not the city of sf...the city is transient and the loyal fan base isn't there its in the surrounding bay area

Well, most of the population is in the surrounding areas. The population of the nine Bay area counties is 7.15 million. The population of SF is about 800K.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yes. we're always out numbered and the few fans we do have, stab and shoot people.
Originally posted by sacguy08:
The City of San Francisco wouldn't play ball. They wanted to set up the stadium on a toxic waste clean up site. So right there, blame the city. However, I do think the fan base has the right to be at least a little upset with the way that the ticket and seat license fee thing is going down with Santa Clara. It's not good for the season ticket holders, but let's be real and know that their numbers are pretty miniscule compared to the entire fan base as a whole. So no, I think the fan base is pretty rock solid.
That's right and things change. When I was a kid growing up in SF, I could go out to Kezar on game day and get a good seat for something like $5.00 with a student card. So what? That was a long time ago. This is now.
Anybody who doesn't like it can go be a Raiders fan because the city made it impossible for them to build a stadium there.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
The Dallas Cowboys don't play in Dallas and the Giants/Jets play in New Jersey so who cares.

Redskins and Bears don't play in their cities either
10 years from now nobody will care.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
10 years from now nobody will care.

just imagine what the Browns went through when their team just got up and left ?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Anybody who doesn't like it can go be a Raiders fan because the city made it impossible for them to build a stadium there.

Besides, they're moving to L.A. so those fans can follow them there.
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners should change their name to Santa Clara 49ers other ideas

Golden State 49ers
Bay Area 49ers
Great America's 49ers
Silicon Valley 49ers

How bout the SF 49 fans & the thousands of bandwagoners
I wonder just how many San Francisco residents ACTUALLY attend their games. I'll bet that it's mostly businesses and the free tickets that they give to their employees and clients. But now that they're moving, can they really them themselves the San Francisco 49er's or maybe they'll change it to just 49er's.

East Bay 49er's doesn't sound good. South Bay 49er's ... aaaargh!
Just another off-season fluff article, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone