Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 623 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the 49ers tried every possible way to keep them there....
Meh, most of those responses are like fake as hell, I'm know there's people that are upset about the move, I'm sure there's others who have never been a single 49ers game in their lives shedding fake alligator tears in those comments.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Meh, most of those responses are like fake as hell, I'm know there's people that are upset about the move, I'm sure there's others who have never been a single 49ers game in their lives shedding fake alligator tears in those comments.

I'm with you. But I don't ever hear of New Yorkers complain, or Dallas any other team's fans openly bail on their team like this. It's weird.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,143
Yes the fans that live Frisco dont support the team.
I am a diehard Niners fan. However, I hate the city of San Francisco. As far as I am concerned, it is the ugliest city in the nation (yeah, and that includes Biloxi, Mississippi). I really don't care what a bunch of Friskites think.
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
I am a diehard Niners fan. However, I hate the city of San Francisco. As far as I am concerned, it is the ugliest city in the nation (yeah, and that includes Biloxi, Mississippi). I really don't care what a bunch of Friskites think.

Really? I've seen Biloxi. You think Biloxi is prettier than San Francisco? I guess there is no accounting for taste. I've been in almost every big city in the country and my opinion is that SF is a beautiful city. Who cares if some bitter old-timers are pissed about the move and the cost of tickets? That's just a fact of life in the NFL today. If teams want to stay competitive, they have to generate revenue with corporate boxes in big, fancy stadiums. San Francisco had lots of chances. Santa Clara stepped up to the plate. And, by the way, I'm a SF native.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by JoeisGod:
I am a diehard Niners fan. However, I hate the city of San Francisco. As far as I am concerned, it is the ugliest city in the nation (yeah, and that includes Biloxi, Mississippi). I really don't care what a bunch of Friskites think.

Really? I've seen Biloxi. You think Biloxi is prettier than San Francisco? I guess there is no accounting for taste. I've been in almost every big city in the country and my opinion is that SF is a beautiful city. Who cares if some bitter old-timers are pissed about the move and the cost of tickets? That's just a fact of life in the NFL today. If teams want to stay competitive, they have to generate revenue with corporate boxes in big, fancy stadiums. San Francisco had lots of chances. Santa Clara stepped up to the plate. And, by the way, I'm a SF native.

every year SF is one of the top cities in the world ..for places to go

not sure how SF can manage that if it were lies
I gotta agree with Phoenix on this that alot of those responses are fake. Others are from so called "fans" who don't closely follow the team and raise a big fuss. Alot of those people do not see the economic advantages of the move and how this will benefit the team. They only see is 40 more miles for them to commute to get to the game. They want to blame the move on the Niners ownership but in reality the city of San Francisco politicians are really to blame. The stadium was neglected and rennovations were not done. Despite voting for the new stadium in the 90's, a plan couldn't be worked out with the city. San Francisco pretty much forced the Niner's hand in the move. So alot of these people are upset and just venting their anger on the team when it should be directed at the city.

As far as the OP's original questions if we have bad fans, I don't think we have bad fans at all. I've been a fan of the team for 31 years and 49er fans have been among the best I have met. Most 49er fans are knowledgeable in football and they know the history of the team. Now like all teams you are gonna have idiots and fairweather fans that are gonna say stupid things.That just happens wherever you are. But the Niner faithful is not any more bad as fans as any other team in the NFL.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
every year SF is one of the top cities in the world ..for places to go

not sure how SF can manage that if it were lies

Exactly. And when someone on the east coast or in another country is getting ready to go to a Super Bowl at the new Niners stadium, they're not going to be saying, "hey, I'm off to Santa Clara for the Super Bowl!" It's something all the other cities in the Bay Area have been dealing with for years and it's not likely to change because of a 45-mile drive south for the stadium. And again, the people of SF had their chances. They were much more interested in new Opera Houses and museums and that's fine. They're more interested in making it a biking town. Great. No problem.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,143
Niners should change their name to Santa Clara 49ers other ideas


Golden State 49ers
Bay Area 49ers
Great America's 49ers
Silicon Valley 49ers
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners should change their name to Santa Clara 49ers other ideas


Golden State 49ers
Bay Area 49ers
Great America's 49ers
Silicon Valley 49ers

California 49ers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
they whine more about the refs and how the nfl is against us more than any other fan base, cept for the packers and seattle
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners should change their name to Santa Clara 49ers other ideas


Golden State 49ers
Bay Area 49ers
Great America's 49ers
Silicon Valley 49ers

California 49ers

2013 Super Bowl Champion 49ers
i think the 49ers fan base is in the surrounding bay area, not the city of sf...the city is transient and the loyal fan base isn't there its in the surrounding bay area
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone