LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

This time, I CAN wait until next year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The way the Niners have improved, I can wait too.

I am old and I never post in forums, but this topic caught my attention. I remember when the Niners went from perennial loser to Super Bowl champs with Montana, after getting repeat wins in the big game, I was never as excited or happy as I was when the Niners made that rise to the top. That is how I feel now. It is a different time, much harder to put a consistent winner together, but the Niners are getting closer to that current era Super Bowl win. I have, for the last 10 years been very humbled by the Niners losing and to see them making those steps towards a championship is a lot of fun. Their time is now, the roster only needs a minor tweaking (like any other year) and the growth of Colin Kaepernick will be obvious in the 2013 season.

I am very confident that the Niners will make it to the playoffs and have a great chance to get back, Seattle puts some doubt in the division, but that is why the games are played. Whether the Niners win the division or not, I know they are good enough to get back to the Super Bowl and that is good enough for me, especially after the pre-Harbaugh seasons. 2013 will be a great season and hopefully one for the growth of Colin K.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

I am old and I never post in forums, but this topic caught my attention. I remember when the Niners went from perennial loser to Super Bowl champs with Montana, after getting repeat wins in the big game, I was never as excited or happy as I was when the Niners made that rise to the top. That is how I feel now. It is a different time, much harder to put a consistent winner together, but the Niners are getting closer to that current era Super Bowl win. I have, for the last 10 years been very humbled by the Niners losing and to see them making those steps towards a championship is a lot of fun. Their time is now, the roster only needs a minor tweaking (like any other year) and the growth of Colin Kaepernick will be obvious in the 2013 season.

I am very confident that the Niners will make it to the playoffs and have a great chance to get back, Seattle puts some doubt in the division, but that is why the games are played. Whether the Niners win the division or not, I know they are good enough to get back to the Super Bowl and that is good enough for me, especially after the pre-Harbaugh seasons. 2013 will be a great season and hopefully one for the growth of Colin K.

Nice name and first post!

I can finally say I'm completely over the loss, and am now thinking long-term!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

Nice name and first post!

I can finally say I'm completely over the loss, and am now thinking long-term!
i wish i could be like you
now its basketball, hockey, and baseball season for me.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not me. I'm upset for a day and then I want to step back in the ring and start fighting.

I've experienced real losses - both parents and friends in Nam. I get over sports losses quickly & move on.

Bring on FA!

Step on the gas to the Draft!

Let's start Training Camp and get tis machine up & running.

Pedal to the Metal - GO NINERS!

Just lost my mom in September so I have as well... Maybe that's why I'm ready to be done until next year... too much on my plate...
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Why would you rather lose in the NFCC game? We made it to the Super Bowl. That is an achievement in itself. Harbaugh and Balke will fill out the pieces of the puzzle and make us better next year! We were so close. We will be back! I am proud of my Niners, and always wear my colors. If you wish the Niners to "lose", you are not a true Niner fan. I bleed red and gold. Go Niners!

I never wish them to lose, but if we had to lose one, I'd rather it be the NFCC... that's different than saying I wish we lose the NFCC... it just sucks to me that our perfect record is tarnished... it may not matter to most but to me that was an important component to our legacy, and now the Steeler fans can hold it over our head... We had a case for being the best franchise... I'm just f**king pissed still
[ Edited by zozell on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

You'll get there man!

This is the dawn of a new era in 49ers football. Where our best player is arguably the QB!! This is just the beginning.

Football is going to be good for us for the next decade and then some.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

You'll get there man!

This is the dawn of a new era in 49ers football. Where our best player is arguably the QB!! This is just the beginning.

i need some sort of a pill

You'll get there man!

i need some sort of a pill

or some herbs

You'll get there man!

I am glad we finally have a star playmaking franchise QB. That gives me great optimism for the future. We just need a couple more pieces to the puzzle. Even Steve Young needed Deon Sanders to make the next leap. We were so close, and should have won. That's what hurts the most. It still bothers me today. It is hard not to think about it. The future is very bright, and I am proud of my Niners.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Wow.

Really?

I want Free Agency to start today, the Draft to start tomorrow and the season to start the next day.

I can't wait to get this all started again. The best medicine for losing to the Giants last year was watching the Niners beat the Packers.

this

Its time to put our big boy pants on and gear up for next season.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
making it to the SB is an achievement in itself. Losing in the NFCCG was much worse IMO.

agreed
I'm ready for a break. The Super Bowl loss still stings. I think it will for awhile -- at least that's what I hear from Raider fans who are actually friends rather than fiends. My brother, the Chargers fan, still hasn't gotten over the '94 Super Bowl whuppin we put on his beloved Chargers. So there's some perspective for you.

Not a huge fan of basketball, especially since the Sacramento Kings suck big time and I just haven't been able to climb onto the Warriors bandwagon. If the Kings would start winning, that would be something else entirely. Yet they won't and they'll probably be off to Seattle next year anyway.

So, it's wait for baseball and watch the complete season series of "Charmed" with the wife. It's the only TV series she likes.
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Wow.

Really?

I want Free Agency to start today, the Draft to start tomorrow and the season to start the next day.

I can't wait to get this all started again. The best medicine for losing to the Giants last year was watching the Niners beat the Packers.
Yea bro, I don't know why but it's just different this year... maybe all the personal stuff going on in my life... Father of a 1 year old now, just bought a new home etc... I'll never stop being a die hard, but I don't think I will dedicate several hours a day in the offseason to the Niners this year... I don't get paid the millions they do... But I do get the High Blood Pressure associated with it... lol I could use a vacation away from it for the next 7 months

Haha I feel the same way zozell!
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not me. I'm upset for a day and then I want to step back in the ring and start fighting.

I've experienced real losses - both parents and friends in Nam. I get over sports losses quickly & move on.

Bring on FA!

Step on the gas to the Draft!

Let's start Training Camp and get tis machine up & running.

Pedal to the Metal - GO NINERS!

Just lost my mom in September so I have as well... Maybe that's why I'm ready to be done until next year... too much on my plate...

My condolonces man.
Share 49ersWebzone