There are 261 users in the forums

We're not finished yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bors
  • Veteran
i still hurt
Originally posted by bors:
i still hurt

It is still brutally painful! I hate this feeling. I keep trying to find ways to justify feeling ok but nothing is working. For example, how would we feel if we went undefeated all season to lose it all in the super bowl....but theres always a counter thought such as we were undefeated, in super bowls, now 5-1. I can't shake it
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM ]
i still hurt

ME to man. Can't shake the feeling. I keep going over that series in my head. So many "what ifs" i can't even think straight.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I see a very bright future for the Niners with one BIG caveat. Seattle.

I think the Niners and Seattle will be battling for NFC supremacy for the next few years--not just NFC west supremacy.

1. It could come down to who ends up as the better QB Kaep or Wilson
2. Seattle has a huge home field advantage with that noise and crowd--and playing an NFC Title game in Seattle is something you want to avoid.
3. If Seattle becomes a good road team winning the NFC west becomes difficult for the Niners--so that is the BIG caveat.
4. The Niners have to win the division despite Seattle's huge home field advantage for 8 games--and that will be hard to do.

This draft is so important coming up--14 picks--all the off season moves --we need a solid offseason.

I would agree. There is no one else out there in the NFC that really scares me except Seattle. The way they drafted the last few years and how fast they rose is a very real issue. As it stands now, we have to win the division to insure we don't play in Seattle...

I am a realist but come on. Seattle is going to be there like alot of good NFC teams. Atlanta, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago. New Orleans and NYGiants will be back too and you know what. We can push them out of the way just like anybody else. Nobody wants to play playoff games away from home. But SF just
beat Atlanta in the MIGHTY Georgia Dome with Matty ICE who only lost there 6 times in his career. We beat Brady in his house we beat Rodgers in his house
we beat Brees. WHERE? In his HOUSE! So bring on the SeaChickens and their noise. We been places like that and won and we will win there too.

Agreed their is a lot of good competition out there. Seattle just seems to have something pretty special going on and they are younger than we are. They have just the type of team we have a very difficult time beating. That was self evident in our last meeting with them where they were simply a stronger, better, more talented football team. Their upward trajectory last season was something to behold. They won 9 of their last 10 and then lost to the Falcons. There will definitely be some pundits out there that will pick them for the NFC West next year.

Do I think we can beat them. Yes, and we better at Candlestick to have a chance for the division. If we win the division, though, I'm a whole lot less concerned meeting any of the teams you mentioned above in their house than the Seahawks. And, they are also becoming a better road team. The two seahawks games are shaping up to be the most important for us next season.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
You know what they owed Frank was a 1 g***amn carry from the 5 yardline to win the SuperBowl!! That's what they owed him. But nooooooooooo.
We went from smashmouth to assmouth when it counted. It's not hindsight its fact. We went away from our strength and lost. Pathetic ROMAN! I hope Frank
does get one though cuz he sure deserves it. GO NINERS!

The Ravens D were probably anticipating the run so they were probably in goal line stance mode. That explains the passing plays. The turn the head the other way by the refs cost Crabs a TD.
It is one hundred percent what the ravens were anticipating, they sold out on the run and it was a bad choice by Kaep to key on crabs. We had Vernon wide open in the endzone on the roll out and Kaep was hell bent on crabtree that whole series.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
i still hurt

ME to man. Can't shake the feeling. I keep going over that series in my head. So many "what ifs" i can't even think straight.

Amen...i'm what ifing and whying myself to delerium
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i still hurt

+1 to all you guys. I thought when the Giants lost to the Angels in the 02' world series that that was the lowest you could feel as a fan of a team. I am stunned that it got topped twice. At least the Giants redeemed themselves but f**k I can't stomach another heart breaker from the 49ers. I felt so much less s**tty when I was hoping for a good draft and making a run instead of being a half inch from winning the superbowl only to have your heart ripped out of your chest. They are definitely not going to go easy on you and go silently during the regular season like Singletary's team did.
I come in peace.

Belated good game and well played, you guys gave us a damn good run for it. I believe you guys will win next year, we have some rebuilding to do possibly this offseason, losing Ray Lewis, possibly Ed Reed and some others.

Mad respect for your fanbase + your QB Kaep, he's a future pro bowler for sure.

Trust me I know what's going through your heads to an extent, I was so sad when we lost to NE in the AFC championship last year.

Good game boys, I wish you the very best!
[ Edited by Hjulmann on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by mryan1004:
i still hurt

yeah i sat in traffic and WHY KAEP WHY all the way home.

My roomates think i'm nuts. Which they are probably correct.
yeah i sat in traffic and WHY KAEP WHY all the way home.

My roomates think i'm nuts. Which they are probably correct.

That's what my family keeps telling me. They're probably right. But whatever...just a terrible way to lose.

For the record, my brother's first text after the game was "I'm sorry" and "nothing will make this better". I'm sure the stinging feeling will dissipate after awhile, like it did after last year's CG loss, but, damn, this f**king sucks.

Thanks frop, I needed that. We are legit and Kaep is the Next Big Thing. It's scary to think he can only get better. You're still a young guy at 37, I turned 64 last Nov. and remember the 1957 playoff game against the Lions where we blew a big lead and lost. The Cowboy defeats in the 70's and Camelot in the 80's. Point is, time goes by quickly and you never know if and when you get back to the big dance. And as you get older time may run out before the next one comes. I guess I take more satisfaction in the process, draft, training camp, pre-season, regular season and playoffs. After a few days of suffering I can't wait to see what Baalke and Coach come up with for next season.
I can see the Niners becoming the first team to win three consecutive Super Bowls if all goes well.

1. the defense will be much better in 2013 if the GM/coaches do their job this offseason and keep them fresh throughout the season.
2. The offense the same thing--the future is very bright.
3. fix the special teams-- a new kicker and the coverage needs to be back to the 2011 level. Maybe a new punt returner.

the thing with 14 picks is--are there 14 players that will be replaced that are on the roster now?

I think the Niners will trade some back into the 2014 draft.
Add in Manningham, Hunter, Williams and maybe a grown up Jenkins and good luck defending the offense. Yes, there are a lot of maybes and history that say we don't get back but its just that, history. While it may say its unlikely, its not impossible. In many of those cases, they were older teams or those that maybe got lucky to get there in the first place. The Niners getting there was not a fluke and this team is still getting better. How scary is that?!
what is this NFL pick em thing ?
How the hell did I not see this post before?

Great post, fropwns. Post of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone