LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

If we score on that last drive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Do you think our defense could of stopped them? I have doubts the way our secondary was playing. I honestly thought we'd score when we got to the five yd line I was more worried about the defense stopping the ravens from going back down to win.

Yes. We would have won the SB. Defense killed us in the first half, but would not have given up the lead with less than 2 minutes to go. Don't see it.
Originally posted by cciowa:
our defense would not have stopped them. aldon was the invisible man, our secondary was horrid, bowman even sucked. willis could not do everything. so god damn mad at aldon smith. his alleged arm injury had nothing to do with him always being out of position and always standing around looking like a big dummy.. and do not get me started on our keystone cops coverage when the guy caught the long ball got up and ran in to the end zone. ronnie lott probably cut off all of his fingers when he saw that s**t

Not that I disagree with what you posted but Culliver deserves to be singled out before any of those guys.
Joe would've thrown his first pick in the playoffs, and would've signed a $15 mil a year contract.
Even if we had scored and then stopped um... while I for one would have been hugely glad and excited... hindsight I'm also kinda glad we lost if we had one that game you know all offseason we would be trolled and bombarded with ridicule still saying that our win deserves an * because the lights went out to help us out... so while yes I'm sad we lost I'm glad we don't have other fans trying to * our win all offseason long... next year we take it to the house cold weather super bowl here we come... Our run game has this one for us =p
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
our defense would not have stopped them. aldon was the invisible man, our secondary was horrid, bowman even sucked. willis could not do everything. so god damn mad at aldon smith. his alleged arm injury had nothing to do with him always being out of position and always standing around looking like a big dummy.. and do not get me started on our keystone cops coverage when the guy caught the long ball got up and ran in to the end zone. ronnie lott probably cut off all of his fingers when he saw that s**t

Not that I disagree with what you posted but Culliver deserves to be singled out before any of those guys.
of course he does, i can only vent so much anger i have about that game the "effort" of the defense and the "use" of our two all pro linebackers by the coaches in one post before i get a headache. trust me , i was going to get to him. that is why i would not mind blowing up the entire secondary for the coming year.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We were shutting them down pretty good in the second half. Who knows.

Doesn't really matter now.

Yup, all that 2nd half stuff didn't matter because of the slow start.
Originally posted by VANiner:
Do you think our defense could of stopped them? I have doubts the way our secondary was playing. I honestly thought we'd score when we got to the five yd line I was more worried about the defense stopping the ravens from going back down to win.

Yes. We would have won the SB. Defense killed us in the first half, but would not have given up the lead with less than 2 minutes to go. Don't see it.

So the offense's lack of production in the first half had nothing to do with it?
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Mar 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

So the offense's lack of production in the first half had nothing to do with it?
that same lack of production was due to the same reason Crabtree couldn't catch that last pass
Our defense was decent in the 2nd half....trivia question, how many points were scored by their offense in the 2nd half? 6 points.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:

that same lack of production was due to the same reason Crabtree couldn't catch that last pass
if we had TRIED to run the damn ball with gore, ck or dixon on second or third down,, there never would have been a god damn fourth down pass to crabs yes the offense in the first half deserves blame. i just can not believe the one penalty we had on the first play SEEMED like it made the whole offense afraid. to the credit of the offense they got it together in the second half but how many super bowls can a team win when they play four s**t quarters of defense and two decent quarters of offense plus the special teams are special ed teams for the entire god damn game??? JFC god damn keystone cops secondary

Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by leafs43:
No.

The Ravens were having their way the entire game. Had it not been for the Rice fumble, the Ravens probably put up 40+.

had it not been for the power outage, it wouldn't have even been a competitive game.

Prove it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
No.

The Ravens were having their way the entire game. Had it not been for the Rice fumble, the Ravens probably put up 40+.

had it not been for the power outage, it wouldn't have even been a competitive game.

Prove it

i have never understood the connection that the grassy knoll people have tried to make between the power outage and the niners doing a comeback.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
No.

Prove it

i have never understood the connection that the grassy knoll people have tried to make between the power outage and the niners doing a comeback.

It's because several media heads have stated it and you know how people take what the media says around here. Heck they even post their co-workers non-9er fan cousin's thoughts on here, to try to prove a point.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Mar 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM ]
Most of the people who posted in this thread seemed to have forgotten our D was pretty much lights out in the second half. We would have stopped them.
Originally posted by TheStick45:
Most of the people who posted in this thread seemed to have forgotten our D was pretty much lights out in the second half. We would have stopped them.

I like this
Share 49ersWebzone