Shop Find 49ers gear online
Las Vegas odds for next year's Super Bowl (top 6):

Patriots — 6-to-1

49ers — 7-to-1

Broncos — 8-to-1

Packers — 10-to-1

Texans — 10-to-1

Seahawks — 12-to-1

Obviously, no one thinks your window is closing.

Link for rest of the list:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talking-points/2013/feb/04/las-vegas-sports-books-odds-win-2014-super-bowl/

Of course, I'd put the Rams higher, but that's just me.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Feb 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
Psht, not even by a long shot. You're talking about a team who had a massive turnaround from a decade of losing. The Falcons have been knocking on the door the last few years, so have the Ravens, so have a lot of other perennial playoff teams. We're a young team, and to get as far as we have is a credit to the talent on the roster and our coaching staff.

I want to say that we're still learning how to win. It's crazy because some teams like the Ravens or Falcons have taken five years to get that deep into the playoffs with their current groups of guys, while it took us two.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Las Vegas odds for next year's Super Bowl (top 6):

Patriots — 6-to-1

49ers — 7-to-1

Broncos — 8-to-1

Packers — 10-to-1

Texans — 10-to-1

Seahawks — 12-to-1

Obviously, no one thinks your window is closing.

Link for rest of the list:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talking-points/2013/feb/04/las-vegas-sports-books-odds-win-2014-super-bowl/

Of course, I'd put the Rams higher, but that's just me.

Vegas speaks
@RedAlice

I notice the Ravens are nowhere near the top of that list. Probably because the Niners outgained them by 100 yards, had more first downs and held their best runner to 59 yards.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
@RedAlice

I notice the Ravens are nowhere near the top of that list. Probably because the Niners outgained them by 100 yards, had more first downs and held their best runner to 59 yards.

Oddly, last year in February the Ravens were 14-1 to win the Super Bowl.

This year, they are again 14-1 to win the Super Bowl.

Take that as you will.
@RedAlice

Franchising Flacco will make resigning a lot of players extremely difficult.
Missed the window for sure. I would maybe expect a wild card but that's it. History is not with us but against us. I would have rather lost to Atlanta. I hate this Super Bowl. Only Gore deserved to be there. This team tainted our history. They should be ashamed.
And just a fun fact that means nothing:

The last four SB winners all played in Philadelphia for the Eagle's home opener.

Just lightening up a subject here that is not even an issue: Niners are good. They are going to keep being good. You have pulled in the media attention to the NFC W, and for that I am happy.

Excited for the next many years!
Originally posted by luis1985:
Missed the window for sure. I would maybe expect a wild card but that's it. History is not with us but against us. I would have rather lost to Atlanta. I hate this Super Bowl. Only Gore deserved to be there. This team tainted our history. They should be ashamed.

Please explain. What exactly should they be ashamed of? And why do you think an easier schedule and another year of getting Kaepernick into the system means a worse record? I don't get your thinking.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Please explain. What exactly should they be ashamed of? And why do you think an easier schedule and another year of getting Kaepernick into the system means a worse record? I don't get your thinking.
i am off my rocker today but i do not get 1985 at all. roman should be ashamed of himself but thats about it. tainted our history?? please

Here's a little context (luis1985, are you there?) The Niners, after winning a Super Bowl after the 1984 season, got knocked out of the playoffs three years in a row. They got knocked out by a wildcard team in the first round, they got wiped out in New York 49-3, and they got embarrassed by the Bears. After three years of getting knocked out of the playoffs, they came back and won two in a row. I believe in the 90's, the Broncos lost one and then came back the next year and won one. The Patriots have lost one and then come back and won one.

So, yes, this was very hard to take, but let's not pretend it's the end of the world, especially for this team. This is mentally one of the strongest teams I've ever seen. That comeback yesterday, even though it fell short, was absolutely epic. Ravens fans were crapping their pants.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
2011 2012 niners missing rings

lol, you should be ashamed.
What history are you referring to?

You kind of sound like a Pat's fan with what I put in bold.

Maybe that is not bad?
Share 49ersWebzone