There are 145 users in the forums

Are the 49ers a "MISSED WINDOW" team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You have 11 regular picks, more than any other team. Plus the comps. You are losing who this year? maybe one player. You have a HOT QB who is still on an underpaid contract next year, who can not only read option, he can pass play with the best. He now needs to prove what he can do in a full season. You also have enough cap room to pull in a good FA.

Your coach, love him or hate him, is a fanatic who knows the game. And just lost to his big brother. First year, gets team to NFC championship and loses. Next year, one ups it to the SB and loses.

This is like a story just waiting to be written for next year.

My fellow Rams fans hate me for liking any other NFC W team. But I do. No apologies either. I really only know four teams inside and out. My division.

I hope you lose twice to the Rams next year. I think you probably will. smile.

But, you have a *^&^ good story, if you do make it to the playoffs. As do the Cardinals, with Arian and all. p

Oh, but point was: rejoice Niner fans! Life is good for you as a fan after years of the desert.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This is embarrassing. Well, hilarious, depressing, and embarrassing all at the same time.

I apologize to the Rams fan for having to deal with this nonsense.

Actually, the Rams fans are so busy arguing about the draft and making fake mocks, they forgot there even was a super bowl, and hate me right now for even thinking I could have possibly rooted for a rival.
Originally posted by Niners99:
49ers fans have a different mindset when it comes to the SB. We had never lost one. Never had anything but greatness happen playing in one. 5-0 was really important to us, so getting that 1 loss just tainted our perfect record. I have said for years that unless we were going to win it, i would rather lose the NFCCG every time.

Maybe that arrogant and picky, considering most teams would kill just to make a SB. But, its how most Niner fans feel. This loss was a crushing blow, and really kind of tarnished our SB tradition.

Did you think there was some divine blessing where we were going to stay undefeated in Super Bowls for the next 100 years? I would much rather make it to the Super Bowl. Losing the NFC championship game means that your team is forgotten in a week. Losing the Super Bowl means your team is forgotten in about six months. That sounds a lot better to me. This was a great team, they deserve to be remembered for at least a little while.
IMO, our attitude was most troubling. If you come out playing "California Love" and you openly question Ray Lewis..... Maybe you should actually show up to play

No way did I think we would fall behind again after last game. Inexcusable. Tone down the attitude, we still haven't won anything
[ Edited by KEGster on Feb 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM ]
NO!

QB is just beginning and he's light years ahead of 90% of the QBs in this league.

Defense may be aging a bit but they can definitely be upgraded. Secondary especially. Justin Smith being gone would be a huge blow but he's not irreplaceable.

I LOVE Gore but the combo of Hunter and LMJ would scare most teams. I think Hunter has star potential.

O line is solid.

WR group is one deep threat from being scary good.

This is just the beginning. We will be back...
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
We haven't even got to the first chapter of this 49er story, if you we're expecting a carbon copy of Montana and Walsh years, you are misguided.

Do you know how many teams are scouting for the next Colin Kapernick, about 25. You think Jerry Jones is feeling good about his QB after watching the playoffs and SB.

We have the prototype QB and he has only played 10 games but threw our first 300 yard game in years and he did it in the SB.

You normally have a "musings" from other boards thread that I post in. Don't see it now.

So will say here. As a huge credit to SF fans, I was in SF for work all of last week. I wore a Rams t-shirt out one night, even though my friends said not to,

Was so fun! I met so many Niner fans who all wanted to talk about football, and their team and etc. The conversations were great, many seemed to know a lot about us and the Seahawks. No hate. Was all just great fun.

It does help that I know as much about your team as you do, so I can discuss. But, overall, I experienced no Rams hate and everyone was fun and sweet to me.

Made me like your fans.
sorry, posted twice.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am still trying to figure out what the team will do in the draft and free agency.

What pick will we get for Alex Smith? Will we re-sign Goldson? Can we move up to get Sheldon Richardson?

I am having a hard time predicting the next three months. I can not even begin to project next season.

Guess I am just slow.
Originally posted by buck:
I am still trying to figure out what the team will do in the draft and free agency.

What pick will we get for Alex Smith? Will we re-sign Goldson? Can we move up to get Sheldon Richardson?

I am having a hard time predicting the next three months. I can not even begin to project next season.

Guess I am just slow.

Damn at least you have the ability to look ahead.

I'm still stuck at 1st and Goal from the 7.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Did you think there was some divine blessing where we were going to stay undefeated in Super Bowls for the next 100 years? I would much rather make it to the Super Bowl. Losing the NFC championship game means that your team is forgotten in a week. Losing the Super Bowl means your team is forgotten in about six months. That sounds a lot better to me. This was a great team, they deserve to be remembered for at least a little while.

This team deserves to be remembered as losers for six months?
Y

Guess I am just slow.

You will likely be the only NFC W team to anything smart in FA.

I don't think Rams or Hawks have the cap room to get what they want. I could be wrong. And, I haven't looked at the Cards yet.

As to AS, you have a smart FO. You will get something,
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here is one perspective.

"The window of opportunity for the Niners didn't close Sunday night. It's only just opening."

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000136103/article/san-francisco-49ers-window-of-opportunity-only-just-opening
Here is one perspective.

"The window of opportunity for the Niners didn't close Sunday night. It's only just opening."

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000136103/article/san-francisco-49ers-window-of-opportunity-only-just-opening

I'm sure the Dolphins thought that too when Dan Marino made it to the Superbowl in his 2nd year
People bring up Marino a lot to make a comparison. I get the point you are trying to make but Marino was a one dimensional QB. He was a statue with a great arm. It didn't take long for teams to figure out how to beat him. Put pressure on him and he'd throw ints. That's why he never made it back to the SB. Kap is not Marino. Much more difficult to stop.
Share 49ersWebzone