There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jerome Boger: Referee Cheating!!! And article to prove it!!!

Something told me that he wasn't experienced enough to ref a game of this magnitude by the time the 1st quarter was through. Everything seemed one sided. He seemed confused and didn't handle things correctly. Then the calls that I won't go into that many including are head coach believe were obvious miscalls. But this article just took the mustard for me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/25/some-officials-cry-foul-over-jerome-boger-refereeing-the-super-bowl/
i dont see it as cheating but more incompetence...a good crew calls a game consistently...they had called some physical plays on niners dbs during game but let smith mug crabtree...it was like the nba were they will call a foul all day unless it is at games end, and not a superstar seeking to draw the call...hell on the safety the ravens deliberately held and no flag was called...on jones td return there were 2 guys holding 1 niner (though jones had gotten past that niner),,,on espn radio they were also talking about a unnamed raven who made contact with an official and no penalty/ejection resulted

still i pin the loss more on the niners than the refs,,,poor coaching decision, misuse of timeouts, james crucial fumble, kaepernick's miss on an open crabtree in the end zone and whitner and culliver struggling to cover anyone
[ Edited by hofer36 on Feb 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM ]
Did they change how and what rotation the refs are used in the SB for this year after the lockout? Did not seem like the usual SB squad.
I don't want to blame the officiating for the loss. We lost because our defense played like crap and because many of our playcalls were head-scratchers. The one thing I will say is that officiating needs to be consistent. If they are going to call PI on Culliver on that 3rd and 9 play, then they should have done the same for Crabtree on 4th and goal. But in the end, you can't put the fate of a game in the hands of the refs. The playcaling on that series was terrible.
That Ed Reed two point conversion off sides was huge.
But something does smell fishy about the way officials are graded. Yahoo Sports confirmed a report from FootballZebras.com that Boger was downgraded eight times for mistakes during the regular season, but that all eight of those downgrades were reversed on appeal. The implication is that the appeals are being handled by a league official who wants to see Boger end up with the highest grade among all the NFL's referees.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I don't want to blame the officiating for the loss. We lost because our defense played like crap and because many of our playcalls were head-scratchers. The one thing I will say is that officiating needs to be consistent. If they are going to call PI on Culliver on that 3rd and 9 play, then they should have done the same for Crabtree on 4th and goal. But in the end, you can't put the fate of a game in the hands of the refs. The playcaling on that series was terrible.

The announcers had explained that those calls are not made in big games late in the 4th quarter, "a good non-call". Although, this was intentionally done to the receiver to prevent the TD when Crabtree ran by him, Ravens smart DB / CB knew they rather give up a penalty then a TD, normally would have been called PI or HOLD. I have scene many times teams do this in games, but this time was the only time a penalty was not throw.

I'm over it though.... heh, 22 pts down, no team has ever came back from that early deficeit.

I can agree with you on this, but man, I thought dude was going to pull Crabtree's jersey out his pants.
Refs are s**tty. NFL is the most incknsitent league inregards to rule enforcement. Penalties are and are not called differently in each game. Instead of worrying about what color socks gore has on he should start fining refs for blowing calls. Refs are the only employees that are not dinged for mistakes. So why dhould they care to make good calls. They get their cushy pay and jobs anyway
Well, the refs certainly didn't do us any favors, but it's time to move on to next year.
"In fairness to Boger, it should be noted that we don't know if these anonymous officials have an axe to grind themselves. And if it's really true that more than 100 of the 121 officials think the system is broken, then the officials themselves deserve some blame: They shouldn't have voted to ratify their Collective Bargaining Agreement at the end of the lockout in September if that CBA didn't fix a broken system."
WE GOT ROBBED
Honestly, I was surprised to see Boger reffing the game. He's a mental midget, and one of the biggest incompetents reffing the game right now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think they have different criteria for last second desperation throws into the end zone as far as pass interference is called. On 40-60 yard Hail Mary heaves guys are pushing and shoving like crazy, yet nothing is ever called. It is like the NBA not calling fouls on last second plays in the paint when the team with the ball is down by 2 points or less. They let them play, not wanting a foul to decide the game unless the infraction is blatant.
Originally posted by BobS:
I think they have different criteria for last second desperation throws into the end zone as far as pass interference is called. On 40-60 yard Hail Mary heaves guys are pushing and shoving like crazy, yet nothing is ever called. It is like the NBA not calling fouls on last second plays in the paint when the team with the ball is down by 2 points or less. They let them play, not wanting a foul to decide the game unless the infraction is blatant.

this, no referee is gonna call a penalty in that situation.