LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Weak secondary all year, in this day and age of football we need safety's that are good in coverage first not just hard hitting. We also need better CB
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM ]
1. No Smith Brothers
2. Putrid safety play
3. Dreadful calls by Roman down on last drive
4, Ever since the NE game our defensive line has looked tired. Time to get some new horses so we can rotate.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
1. Kaep in the first half.... ( we used to get on Smith for this, but we cant just glorify what was done at the end, and erase what wasnt done in the beginning.

2. Wr's getting open.... I dont know who had a good day, but soo many times throughout the game i heard no one was open.

3. Dropped balls. there were at least 3 that cost us big. the one vernon had his hands on and dropped. the one that crabs had then dropped, and that last one to crabs where he should of known he was gonna get lit up, and held onto the ball.

4. Defense.... they bend and held throughout the whole game. We didnt sustain crap till after the power outage. Then i swear i heard this before, we scored fast as hell to bring us back i think within 2 scores. Dont get me wrong, we needed the points, but there were a few games this season, where we scored too fast, without giving the D rest.

5. Playcalling.... I'm a little tired of hearing about this. The playcalling is Roman and Harbs. even if they say it's just one of them, what i see is that they both have their hands in it. Just like Roman said after a loss with Kaep at center. It wasnt the playcalling, it was the execution. I noticed at one point, after kaeps int, they kind of took it out of his hands of throwing for a while. I remember on the next series even the announcers said yeah they ran on the third long down, because the double move that kaep made, showed that he was a little rattled. all in the first half. On the last series, is it really that hard to figure out. Harbs like he has done all season, made his mind up that they wanted that final TD from kaep's arms. Are we really that surprised. He didnt want it in Gore's hands. Do i know that for a fact, no. But i mean he hade the QB switch cuz he believe in it, and he helped call those plays at the end. We cant say when it favors us, the call is good, then when it fails, it's bad. He made a decision and has to live with it.

6. Refs--- listen, there where blown plays all game, on both sides of the ball. That last drive by us at the end was a good no call, because both players, crabs and the dback where goin at each other. and u cant leave any moment of the SB in the refs hands.

Overall, we got shut down, the first half thats what lost us this game. All the kaepernicking, and crabs lights out, and Gore just willing those running drives were non existent before the outage. Coming back at the end, yeah that was nice, but who cares really. Should of showed up, when it mattered most, and that was at kickoff.
The only problem I have is number 6. The non-call decided the game. Throwing a flag would not have. The niners still would have had to make a play to win. Therefore, a ref NOT calling a clear holding penalty DID decide the game. Yes, we should never have let it get to that, but the lack of a call ended any chance whatsoever, and therefore, is a legitimate reason for the loss.
1. No Smith Brothers
2. Putrid safety play
3. Dreadful calls by Roman down on last drive
4, Ever since the NE game our defensive line has looked tired. Time to get some new horses so we can rotate.
I hate football right now..poooo
We played scared in the first half. End of story.
1. The refs missed several game-changing calls that should have gone in our favor
2. We lost the turnover battle
3. Special teams gave up 7 points
4. Penalties

What hurts the most is if just one of these categories goes in our favor we hoist the Lombardi.
The holding on Dixon had absolutely no bearing on the end of the game. Had they called it, it would've been an automatic safety (which was the result of the play anyway). It would not have altered the time remaining at all -- you still play out of the remainder of a play when there's holding, the results are just nullified. It's not like the clock is reset to the time that the penalty occurred.
Originally posted by carioca49er:
1. The refs missed several game-changing calls that should have gone in our favor
4. Penalties

What hurts the most is if just one of these categories goes in our favor we hoist the Lombardi.

which is exactly why we lost...we didn't.

our secondary has sucked since the 2nd half of the pats game. I swear we better look into revis and CBs in the draft
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Even if we scored the Ravens only needed a FG with two minutes left and all of their timeouts left. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket on the last drive. If not for penalties and turnovers in the first half and we wouldn't have been in that position.

An illegal formation on the very first play is unacceptable. So is lining up offsides when you're lined(Brooks) up right over the nose of the football. We came out flat and sloppy.
Originally posted by carioca49er:
4. Penalties

The refs did a good job and didn't decide the outcome of the game.

The niners defensive backfield got away with a ton of illegal contact as they armbarred receivers down the sideline. Those not called is just as gamebreaking.

They called the most obvious penalties and tried to stay out of the way. Only losers blame the refs in this case.
Biggest single reason is just too many mistakes, mental & physical. Thought we had it won at the end, but our guys just failed to execute. Not crazy about the playcalls, but that's not the reason we lost. Our secondary was exposed...but it's not all on them. Outside of a couple of plays, we had a very poor pass rush. For the most part, Flacco had all the time he needed to pick our secondary apart. He deserved the MVP. Now he'll be a rich man and he's earned it. Kap did show his inexperience, particularly in the 1st half. But overall, the Ravens took advantage of more key situations than our guys did. We had enough chances to win the game, and just couldn't execute enough of them.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I have to say I agree. We had 6 combacks last year with Smith at the helm, and our team rallying around him. he to score, and the D to hold. Fact of the matter is, we didnt beat the Ravens and had a lower score with Smith. And we had the better QB as many say, and with a larger score we still didnt beat the Ravens.

Everyone is nitpicking about the positives, but what positives. We dont show up half the game, then some want to crown us because of a good second half.

Kaep can ball, but his only 10 game experience showed the entire first half, and your lying to yourself if u say it didnt. I remember even susweel (not calling u out brotha, just saying) is a big Kaep supporter, and i laughed when even he said, kaep's playing like a bi(*&.

Overall, he didnt show up when it mattered most, as well as the rest of our offense. The outage was the xfactor for us, and had that not happened, they gained the momentum on the run back. So i mean how good did we play, if the outage never happened.

wtf am I reading? WHAT IS THIS????
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone