LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Five4Five:
It probably would not have mattered, but that was the most blatant hold on the safety that I've ever seen. I can't believe that wasn't called. The guy was being bearhugged from behind for about four seconds.

I saw that too and thought the same thing... but I think he was instructed to do that, because a holding in the end zone is simply a safety. So it was the same end result either way.

DOes it rewind the clock?

It has to. It was the most blatant hold I've ever seen. I was literally screeming at the TV during the play. At least the time would have given us a hail mary chance.

Not all penalties do..that is why I am asking.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Five4Five:
It probably would not have mattered, but that was the most blatant hold on the safety that I've ever seen. I can't believe that wasn't called. The guy was being bearhugged from behind for about four seconds.

I saw that too and thought the same thing... but I think he was instructed to do that, because a holding in the end zone is simply a safety. So it was the same end result either way.

DOes it rewind the clock?

It has to. It was the most blatant hold I've ever seen. I was literally screeming at the TV during the play. At least the time would have given us a hail mary chance.

Not all penalties do..that is why I am asking.
1. Secondary (mis)play
2. Special Teams not perpared
3. Roman Play calling on last 4 plays

49ers were out-coached.
Originally posted by diablo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its like a f**king nightmare, I keep replaying that drive in my head, that playcalling was atrocious, can't believe they moved it all the way downfield to get stopped at the 5 yard line.

I was actually concerned about scoring too fast with the crap way our D was playing.

Same, when gore broke that run I was screaming were gonna score too fast. I'm just shocked we didn't score, I'm so numb and in disbelief
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Thats the holding I was talking about on the KR that was crazy

They held 49er players on multiple kick returns and punt returns with no flags, its like the refs came into the game determined to f**k the 49ers. Ed Reed completely jumped the gun on the 2 point conversion as well, he was in the neutral zone and the refs didn't call that either, they didn't calling holding in the endzone on the Ravens 4th down play, the ref should have thrown the flag and it would have been an automatic safety that would have left another 2-3 more seconds on the clock.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Its like a f**king nightmare, I keep replaying that drive in my head, that playcalling was atrocious, can't believe they moved it all the way downfield to get stopped at the 5 yard line.

I was actually concerned about scoring too fast with the crap way our D was playing.

Same, when gore broke that run I was screaming were gonna score too fast. I'm just shocked we didn't score, I'm so numb and in disbelief

They got away with so much man. Holding on the KR, Ed Reed offsides, helmet to helmet on crabs then holding/pi...wtf

I also thought the big play to boldin he facemasked our defender when he went to the straight arm and also felt their right tackle false started on the play
[ Edited by diablo on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]

They held 49er players on multiple kick returns and punt returns with no flags, its like the refs came into the game determined to f**k the 49ers. Ed Reed completely jumped the gun on the 2 point conversion as well, he was in the neutral zone and the refs didn't call that either, they didn't calling holding in the endzone on the Ravens 4th down play, the ref should have thrown the flag and it would have been an automatic safety that would have left another 2-3 more seconds on the clock.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Kaep did not perform in the moment. That magical moment that defines whether you are Dan Marino or Joe Montana.
A moment like last year during the game against the Saints. Now that was moment.

Think of all the moments we call "The Catch, 1, 2 , 3 and the Drive"

Sure you can throw for 500 yards and run for another 200 yards, but can you do it in the moment. This is that moment when you are inside the 20 and you need a touchdown. Its being served to him in silver platter. Its not like he only have 1 minute left and have to start at the 15.

Did you know during TD pass from Montana to Taylor, the coaching staff send in the wrong personel?
Brent Jones was suppose to be in there.

Montana seeing the mistake signaled Taylor to play the TE position. --- and history was made.

Montana to Clark. Another moment by 2 great players.

Randy Moss might be better than Jerry Rice - but Jerry had the moment.

Playing great when the moment matters. Marino is a HOF but never had the moment.

(My apologies to Dan Marino for comparing him to Kaep. I was just making a point)

I have to say I agree. We had 6 combacks last year with Smith at the helm, and our team rallying around him. he to score, and the D to hold. Fact of the matter is, we didnt beat the Ravens and had a lower score with Smith. And we had the better QB as many say, and with a larger score we still didnt beat the Ravens.

Everyone is nitpicking about the positives, but what positives. We dont show up half the game, then some want to crown us because of a good second half.

Kaep can ball, but his only 10 game experience showed the entire first half, and your lying to yourself if u say it didnt. I remember even susweel (not calling u out brotha, just saying) is a big Kaep supporter, and i laughed when even he said, kaep's playing like a bi(*&.

Overall, he didnt show up when it mattered most, as well as the rest of our offense. The outage was the xfactor for us, and had that not happened, they gained the momentum on the run back. So i mean how good did we play, if the outage never happened.

dixon was getting bear hugged....it was absurd.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Greg Roman. /thread

Post of the day

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
The betrayal of Alex Smith by Harbaugh.

Karma.

Interesting
Donte s**tner
dixon was getting bear hugged....it was absurd.

So many f**king blown calls, yes the 49ers defense played poorly and they made some bad mistakes but the refs were f**king them all night long, none bigger than that non-call on the blatant holding.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM ]
1) 109 yard kick return for a TD. Absolute dagger at that time in the game.

2) 1st and goal at 7 freakin yard line with a chance to win the Super Bowl at the end. P*** away 4 entire downs with real shaky calls and execution and get nothing. When Frank got down to the 7 with 1st and goal I thought we got this.

3) Came out asleep for the entire first half as usual and built a big deficit.

4) LMJ fumble was really costly. We were driving good on that drive.

I don't count the Kaep pick much because he otherwise played well and showed incredible poise coming back. It was 1 ball that floated high on him.
Share 49ersWebzone