LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
I seriously think if the refs did their job we would have won. It was that close, and they were that bad.

It probably would not have mattered, but that was the most blatant hold on the safety that I've ever seen. I can't believe that wasn't called. The guy was being bearhugged from behind for about four seconds.
How in the hell do you pass FOUR consecutive downs from the five yard line? This team does not have big, physical receivers -- it has fast guys that get open in space. The Ravens' lack of speed on defense was mitigated in the tight spaces of the Red Zone. I have no idea why on earth they were passing at the end. The only explanation I can possibly think of is that they were trying to save time on the clock in case they didn't score, but that is just awful justification.

On both the 2-point conversion and at the end of the game, I thought we should've just smashed the ball up the middle, mostly because Ngata was injured and out of the game.

Ugh...
How in the hell do you pass FOUR consecutive downs from the five yard line? This team does not have big, physical receivers -- it has fast guys that get open in space. The Ravens' lack of speed on defense was mitigated in the tight spaces of the Red Zone. I have no idea why on earth they were passing at the end. The only explanation I can possibly think of is that they were trying to save time on the clock in case they didn't score, but that is just awful justification.

On both the 2-point conversion and at the end of the game, I thought we should've just smashed the ball up the middle, mostly because Ngata was injured and out of the game.

Ugh...

Ugh...
We didn't show up to play to start the game, the Ravens did, and we failed to make the plays when we had the opportunities to do so. In the end it was too much for us to come back from, we made a valiant effort to come back we just were not good enough to win.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I need a few bottles of Prozac. That was really painful. I'm proud of how Kaep played this year though, and I'm damn glad we have Harbaugh. This is going to be tough to get over though. Really tough. Damn.
We forgot to mention the bonehead kick return to open the 2nd half.
Hand the motherf**king ball off. I just don't get it. They were gashing them with the run late in the game. Gore had pushed the pile 5 yards then busted off a 40 yarder. Give him the rock. Or let Kaep run it. Use the TD plays from the ATL game. It was working. They were bottling up the read option early but we were still getting positive yardage all god damn game. What the Hell. Just crushed.

And if you don't run the freaking ball, at least call some normal pass plays...2 sprint-out/roll out pass plays that cut off half the field and fade route to Crabs which takes every other option off the field (but of course we can't forget the f**king holding call jesus.
1. Kaep in the first half.... ( we used to get on Smith for this, but we cant just glorify what was done at the end, and erase what wasnt done in the beginning.

2. Wr's getting open.... I dont know who had a good day, but soo many times throughout the game i heard no one was open.

3. Dropped balls. there were at least 3 that cost us big. the one vernon had his hands on and dropped. the one that crabs had then dropped, and that last one to crabs where he should of known he was gonna get lit up, and held onto the ball.

4. Defense.... they bend and held throughout the whole game. We didnt sustain crap till after the power outage. Then i swear i heard this before, we scored fast as hell to bring us back i think within 2 scores. Dont get me wrong, we needed the points, but there were a few games this season, where we scored too fast, without giving the D rest.

5. Playcalling.... I'm a little tired of hearing about this. The playcalling is Roman and Harbs. even if they say it's just one of them, what i see is that they both have their hands in it. Just like Roman said after a loss with Kaep at center. It wasnt the playcalling, it was the execution. I noticed at one point, after kaeps int, they kind of took it out of his hands of throwing for a while. I remember on the next series even the announcers said yeah they ran on the third long down, because the double move that kaep made, showed that he was a little rattled. all in the first half. On the last series, is it really that hard to figure out. Harbs like he has done all season, made his mind up that they wanted that final TD from kaep's arms. Are we really that surprised. He didnt want it in Gore's hands. Do i know that for a fact, no. But i mean he hade the QB switch cuz he believe in it, and he helped call those plays at the end. We cant say when it favors us, the call is good, then when it fails, it's bad. He made a decision and has to live with it.

6. Refs--- listen, there where blown plays all game, on both sides of the ball. That last drive by us at the end was a good no call, because both players, crabs and the dback where goin at each other. and u cant leave any moment of the SB in the refs hands.

Overall, we got shut down, the first half thats what lost us this game. All the kaepernicking, and crabs lights out, and Gore just willing those running drives were non existent before the outage. Coming back at the end, yeah that was nice, but who cares really. Should of showed up, when it mattered most, and that was at kickoff.
Originally posted by Five4Five:
It probably would not have mattered, but that was the most blatant hold on the safety that I've ever seen. I can't believe that wasn't called. The guy was being bearhugged from behind for about four seconds.

I saw that too and thought the same thing... but I think he was instructed to do that, because a holding in the end zone is simply a safety. So it was the same end result either way.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Greg Roman should be fired, I'm tired of this s**t.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We blew it. Plain and simple. Frank not touching the ball was ridiculous. Kap not running it was ridiculous. I seriously can't believe we didn't punch it in at the end.

Totally blew the first half...and made the game close enough that a few bad ref calls lost it. Team loss imo.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by susweel:
they choked on the last drive and should not have called time out rather just take penalty at least we could of got ball back with time left on the clock.

I would have taken the penalty, get pushed back 5 yards, to have some room for some underneath routes for Crabs or Davis....maybe even a read option for Gore/LMJ/Kap. We were running the ball effectively on that drive. 4 pass plays at the 5? That is osbsurd.

Yeah, I would have taken the penalty as well. It would have been 3rd and goal from the 10 yard line. This then makes the Ravens think twice before sending the blitz since we had have ample space underneath. Oh well.
They missed another defensive pass interference earlier in the 2nd Quarter that would likely have been a TD, blew the offsides call on 2 pt conversion, and failed to throw out a Ravens player who shoved the ref. Ravens' Cary Williams shoves ref, stays in game http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ravens-cary-williams-shoves-ref-stays-game-010259584--nfl.html
These were all pivotal moments and its pitiful that this crew of supposedly the top officials blew them all yet managed to make those calls for the Ravens when they went the other way. I hear the same controversy as the Steelers-Seahawks super bowl coming soon and loudly. (no pun intended)
1. Third down defense
2. Gave up way to many deep passes
3. Out played on special teams
Share 49ersWebzone