There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your reasons for why we lost

1. Third down defense
2. Gave up way to many deep passes
3. Out played on special teams
Kapow had the option of changing the play. He failed to execute. It falls on him. The moment was too big for him.

What a choke job...I feel sorry for the kid.
How about special teams??? That kick off return was the difference in the game.

LMJ also fumbling killed momentum. He was not going for a first, he needs to tuck the ball away and not fumble.
Kapow's choke job in the 1st half. Too much for us to overcome.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Five4Five:
It probably would not have mattered, but that was the most blatant hold on the safety that I've ever seen. I can't believe that wasn't called. The guy was being bearhugged from behind for about four seconds.

I saw that too and thought the same thing... but I think he was instructed to do that, because a holding in the end zone is simply a safety. So it was the same end result either way.

DOes it rewind the clock?
The worst 4 down calling this year and responsible for this loss...except the Defense sucked for at least 2/3 of the game, think that had something to do with this horrid loss?
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Kapow had the option of changing the play. He failed to execute. It falls on him. The moment was too big for him.

You need to stop with non-sensical posts already.

Been a fan since 92. As a kid i took the winning for granted. This would have been cherished. I was nervous at the end but thought it was gonna happen. The non calls are s**t. I am sorry especially since their previous drive got extended with a PI call on 3rd down. Also, what about the helmet to helmet on Crabtree on third down? wtf
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

You need to stop with non-sensical posts already.

Been a fan since 92. As a kid i took the winning for granted. This would have been cherished. I was nervous at the end but thought it was gonna happen. The non calls are s**t. I am sorry especially since their previous drive got extended with a PI call on 3rd down. Also, what about the helmet to helmet on Crabtree on third down? wtf

The last two years have ended so painfully. It was easier when we just sucked.
[ Edited by diablo on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM ]
Kaep did not perform in the moment. That magical moment that defines whether you are Dan Marino or Joe Montana.
A moment like last year during the game against the Saints. Now that was moment.

Think of all the moments we call "The Catch, 1, 2 , 3 and the Drive"

Sure you can throw for 500 yards and run for another 200 yards, but can you do it in the moment. This is that moment when you are inside the 20 and you need a touchdown. Its being served to him in silver platter. Its not like he only have 1 minute left and have to start at the 15.

Did you know during TD pass from Montana to Taylor, the coaching staff send in the wrong personel?
Brent Jones was suppose to be in there.

Montana seeing the mistake signaled Taylor to play the TE position. --- and history was made.

Montana to Clark. Another moment by 2 great players.

Randy Moss might be better than Jerry Rice - but Jerry had the moment.

Playing great when the moment matters. Marino is a HOF but never had the moment.

(My apologies to Dan Marino for comparing him to Kaep. I was just making a point)
Originally posted by Jakemall:
DOes it rewind the clock?

It probably would have left more then 4 seconds on the clock
Originally posted by jcashen87:
YEP, and the holding call that will stick in my mind forever came much earlier. on the kcik return i think it was Bruce Miller, he was literally gettting dragged/picked up and sandwiched by 2 Ravens players. it was the most blatant hold i have ever seen, and no call. outright ridiculous, and our D came to play in the secon dhalf too. Changed the game right there, made the deficit too large, even after a great comeback by us that makes me proud even in defeat

Thats the holding I was talking about on the KR that was crazy
Its like a f**king nightmare, I keep replaying that drive in my head, that playcalling was atrocious, can't believe they moved it all the way downfield to get stopped at the 5 yard line.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its like a f**king nightmare, I keep replaying that drive in my head, that playcalling was atrocious, can't believe they moved it all the way downfield to get stopped at the 5 yard line.

I was actually concerned about scoring too fast with the crap way our D was playing.
I blame the defense first. Roman's play calling in the red zone and the PI at the end.
the refs (this excuse will be used by every team that loses til the end of time)
The power wasn't out long enough.
We were still tired from the Pats game.
If only we would have scored more points then them, it would have turned out differently.

4 plays from 8 yards to win, Kap tightened up IMO. D gave up 30+ as usual, but the opportunity was there to win.