There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your reasons for why we lost

Originally posted by andrewglass25:
The ball was in the air when bowman was still tackling roddy white, thats not really questionable though. Look a the replay of the crabtree play. Look at jimmy smith reaction to hitting the ground, He's begging for a call. He was pushed. Thats not really questionable either though. I'll leave you with a quote from torrey smith...

"I got grabbed and held all night and almost nothing got called. That's how it went. They just let us play. And that's what they did to the end"

On flacco's roll out from 3rd and goal on the 2 he was very clearly hit a good yard and half out of bounds by the 49ers lineman... they even showed a replay and pointed it out during the game.. That would of been first and goal from the 1 with a chance to seal it. They let the players play the game. It was a over all well called game. They let alot of things go but it was on both sides. If crabtree is called or smith is called or whatever it's not for sure they get a TD. If they do the ravens have plenty of time and a hot QB moving easily on that D and only in need of a FG. This game was called the same both ways.

Have you ever watched a football game before? Do you know anything about it? Just because things weren't called both ways doesn't mean it was well officiated... The refs let things get out of hand early and did a terrible job the rest of the game. Now, I'm not blaming the loss on the refs but, they were horrible.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Jcool:
1. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
In the melee, 29 is lucky he did not get flagged and easily could have been ejected. He shoved the Linesman.

2. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
On Jacoby Jones kick return there is no holding on a double team block unless the defender is taken to the ground. He wasn't.

3. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Reed was not offisde on the try. He moved forward just as the ball was being snapped. Perfectly timed.

4. Didn't even see it happen. No idea.

5. Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
Tough play that is real close both ways. Good job not calling anything.

Agree with Sims. There is a quick grab and a pushoff. Not one that is going to be called. Nothing obvious in real time

6. Either way the play is a safety, so better to hold player and waste more time.

Only one real questionable response from Pereira is #2 since when does holding only count if a player is taken to the ground? Is that some sort of kickoff/special teams rule? The others for the most part he is right. Doesn't matter anymore but its highly unlikely Ravens win another Super Bowl for a while.

Miller wasn't held. He was double teamed.
I see than same thing happening to Miller all the time during pass blocking, seems they will only call holding if the defender is pulled to the ground or grabbed after he breaks free of the wrestling match. They should change the perception of holding back to not allowing any grabbing or wrapping around of the arms, that would take the judgement call out of the equation.
  • gotem
  • Veteran
I disagree with the miller non holding call. Look at the kickoff in real time. If thats not holding then I guess u can sandwich a player and hold?
Originally posted by gotem:
I disagree with the miller non holding call. Look at the kickoff in real time. If thats not holding then I guess u can sandwich a player and hold?

There is no holding on a double team unless he goes to the ground. Yeah, the players are holding but it's a double team and the rule states that it's not a flag unless the player is taken to the ground. If it was straight up blocking and that happened then yes a penalty should've been called, but not on a double team.

Wouldn't be surprised if they change the rule this offseason, but the refs didn't make the wrong call in this game.(on the return, there were questionable calls on other plays.)
DONTE S**TNER
The missed call in the endzone.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I say this with all respect to my fellow 49ers fans ....Lets leave it alone ....nothing will take away all these horrible feelings , all the "woulda coulda shoulda's" is not going to ease the pain we are feeling , it's sort of like rubbing salt in the wound ...the best thing we can do now is look forward to the draft , and support our team as we always have ....#6 is gone, and we need to regroup to take another shot at it next year

But our anger with the refs won't go away because they do decide games.
Originally posted by Niners99:
We failed to win the SB. Were one of the 31 losers.

I cant stand the apologist attitude of "Well at least we had a great season guys. Proud of this team!" All that fluff means nothing.

We had a great shot to win a 6th title, and we blew it. Who knows when we'll be back. I dont see how any Niner fan can be satisfied with this season. Its encouraging the way were progressing, but the end result was the same its been for the last 18 years.

This is exactly how I feel.
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Just watched ESPN and Eric Mangini showed something that almost made me throw up; something everyone else missed... I missed it, you missed it, the broadcasters missed it, even the post game analysis missed it. On 3rd and goal, Delanie Walker is just standing all by himself all alone in the endzone and Kap never saw him! Crabs was in motion from the left side running to the right. The CB covering him started running way too late. Kap saw that the CB was coming late so he locked onto Crabs. Kap gave a three step drop and fired the pass to Crabs, who couldnt hang on, but wouldnt have scored anyways.

What Kap didnt see was that the CB coming over was supposed to cover Walker, but didnt. Walker ran a curl route and was just standing there one yard deep in the endzone all alone. I'm surprised he didnt bust out his phone and tweet that he was just standing there by himself with no one covering him. Should Roman have called some runs on the final drive? We can debate that ad nauseum. Yet the fact is that Kap did what Alex Smith is famous for doing and didnt see a guy wide open in the endzone. Except this was with the Super Bowl on the line. Yes Crabs was held on 4th down, but there never should have been a 4th down.

Every single QB in the league misses wide open targets sometimes. It doesn't happen often with Kaep.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

I cant stand the apologist attitude of "Well at least we had a great season guys. Proud of this team!" All that fluff means nothing.

We had a great shot to win a 6th title, and we blew it. Who knows when we'll be back. I dont see how any Niner fan can be satisfied with this season. Its encouraging the way were progressing, but the end result was the same its been for the last 18 years.

I would rather have failed in the NFC Championship game again.
Missed opportunities is the story of this game.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Every single QB in the league misses wide open targets sometimes. It doesn't happen often with Kaep.

Your also talking about seconds, not minutes ,to find a target

Same here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

this times infinity. how can anyone be ok with how things ended,, how can anyone be ok with just being there, how can anyone be ok with ,, well we made it close, the coaches let us down big time and for whatever reason the players were not ready to play this game so they let us down in that first half,, the defense lets us down all game long. if it makes you feel better to blame the refs go for it,, but had we ran the ball with gore or dixon on the first three offensive plays in that final series, it never would have come down to fourth down. i hate romans guts because he cost us a ring,, and JH allowed him to do it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

of course this is the truth, we are just another team that ended the year with a loss and the sad thing is that , with better play calling, it did not have to happen.