LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Your reasons for why we lost

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well thanks pickle, honestly i thought it was the deciding factor too. But if u just heard Irving and Deion,

"On that last play everyone wants to call holding, Crabs slowed up on the play, and he and Kaep knew they wanted the back shoulder fade. Crabs didnt extend his arms like he should have, and the D back stayed with him, and just helped make a play. The refs are right there. And then... after it was over. What did Crabs do.... Absolutely nothing. I mean if he was held, when was the last time, not even in a big game, but any game, that the WR gets held, and doesnt make a stink or say anything. He had no reaction and said nothing, because it was nothing. So harbs needs to let go of that being the only reason."

And like i said, when i watched the play, i saw the dback all over Crabs, but also saw Crabs with his hands all over the dback. thats why i said it was a good no call.

I think that is a big part of why it wasnt called to me the issue on the play was the dback bear hugged crabs and crabs tried to get loose from him by trying to push off, almost the same exact thing that happened on the PI call on Cully. But i still dont understand why Kaep tried to rocket the ball way over crabs and way out of reach. The only penalty im seriously sore over was the Hold on Miller during the 2nd half opening kickoff.
Yo Wolf, wouldnt u know it. Mooch said the same thing that I did. Hah, and i said it first. lmao. But yeah as i said it was a good no call, and the game shouldnt have been decided by that one stop. I mean thats like saying if the refs make the right call we win. You never leave a game in the Refs hands. Just have to make things happen. Just that simple.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Kaep did not perform in the moment. That magical moment that defines whether you are Dan Marino or Joe Montana.
A moment like last year during the game against the Saints. Now that was moment.

Think of all the moments we call "The Catch, 1, 2 , 3 and the Drive"

Sure you can throw for 500 yards and run for another 200 yards, but can you do it in the moment. This is that moment when you are inside the 20 and you need a touchdown. Its being served to him in silver platter. Its not like he only have 1 minute left and have to start at the 15.

Did you know during TD pass from Montana to Taylor, the coaching staff send in the wrong personel?
Brent Jones was suppose to be in there.

Montana seeing the mistake signaled Taylor to play the TE position. --- and history was made.

Montana to Clark. Another moment by 2 great players.

Randy Moss might be better than Jerry Rice - but Jerry had the moment.

Playing great when the moment matters. Marino is a HOF but never had the moment.

(My apologies to Dan Marino for comparing him to Kaep. I was just making a point)

Well put.
i think that Roman and Harbs, wanted the ball in Kaep's hands and not Gore's.

Is it a bad thing, nope, just was. Think about it, perfect ending. Kaep throws the winning TD, Harb's is a mastermind, and Kaep willed this team to a victory.

however, we did have one run, and then 3 passes, to be fair.

On that last play, there was a little holding on the db that was on crabs, and Crabs was interfering too with his hand all over the guys helmet, and faceguard.

So I agreed with the nfl crew, espn crew, and guys calling the game. Both men had their share of a penalty. As a matter of fact, I thought that Crabs was gonna do what Boldin did when he had the receiver right in his pocket. Beat him and catch it.

If u notice before snap, Kaep was only gonna go to crabs. Soon as he snapped the ball. just like in that falcon game when bowman knew it was going to jones i think.

Hell of a game, but the last 4 plays werent the reason we lost.

Damn, Mooch just confirmed what i said (about Crabs and the Db both doing their thing). aint that sumthin.

Sorry man, I don't buy that was the best playcalling in that situation was throwing passes to the perimeter. Running LMJ to the outside might've been good. Passing to the sidelines...bad.

Ngata was out, and the middle was our oyster. We could have driven the ball straight up the middle for a score. I'm absolutely convinced that if we had pushed it a couple times on 2nd and 3rd with Frank, we would have scored. Chances are nobody was going to stop him.
Originally posted by diablo:
our secondary has sucked since the 2nd half of the pats game. I swear we better look into revis and CBs in the draft

Word.
  • dj43
Originally posted by cciowa:
terrible defense
no pass rush aldon smith was garbage, complete garbage and his shoulder had nothing to do with him being out of position all night long.
garbage play from safety and corners,, you need to blow it up and start over, that defensive effort and even bowman missed tackles was terrible,
penaltys that extend drives for the other team and stop our drives which of course happened on the first play of the game
we got outcoached by big brother, our head coaches got out coached, roman was terrible at the end. overall red zed zone offense was putrid
special teams was putrid kickoff return, missed tackles, and we let the punter run around for 8 seconds cuz we had no clue what they were going to do
ck made nice throws but the pick was a terrible pass to a wide open moss,, on the pass to ginn in the endzone vernon was wide open, on third down at goal all ck had to do was turn and throw to gore but roman was a dips**t and we did not use james or gore effectivly
the team and coaches should apologize for this crap tonight, do not give me s**t about we made it close and we came on strong, we played a terrible over all game and the things we suck in this year came up big tonight, like no pass rush, pass coverage, special teams and penalties.
but what the f**k, we set two records,,, first pick thrown by a niner quarterback in the super bowl and the first niner team to LOSE A super bowl,
Now some of you kids may be ok with this cuz you never been here but losing a super bowl makes most of us fans who have been here a while sick to our stomachs. ,. the head should just shut the f**k up about officials, you are a sore loser and diminish the game,, in stead you better f**king fix the secondary you better find some guys who can rush the passer, you better find a way to stop with the f**king penalitys, you better get a kicker . you can lose alot of championship games but you can not lose the super bowl if you are a niner. out coached tonight and out played. oh and keep in mind, in 1984 marion was the wonderboy of the nfl just like ck is but he never got back to another super bowl. fix the god damn problems Jh, you know what they are, they been here all year long, you can start by getting rid of akers and roman, all the corner backs and both safetys

Harbaugh's pride will be a problem in fixing some of those problems. Not developing depth in the DL. Not developing depth at WR. Insisting your hand-picked inexperienced QB can handle the pressure against a top level defense. That will do for now.
Coaching - mostly Greg Roman (even Harbaugh)
Lack of execution - 49ers secondary, no pass rush
Penalties
turnovers
Distractions during the week (Culliver, Moss, strip club)
Undisciplined not ready to play from the start - again on head coach
Bad referee calls
Special teams gave up a TD

All in all this was entire team loss, but the disappointing was the 49ers defense.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
Yo Wolf, wouldnt u know it. Mooch said the same thing that I did. Hah, and i said it first. lmao. But yeah as i said it was a good no call, and the game shouldnt have been decided by that one stop. I mean thats like saying if the refs make the right call we win. You never leave a game in the Refs hands. Just have to make things happen. Just that simple.

I agree, but sometimes its hard to not have the game in the refs hands, But if Crabs doesnt fight back chances are its called and this isnt a "controversial" call, but s**t happens life goes on, and hopefully in the offseason we live and we learn.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by trogdor:
Defense plain and simple. As the demonstrated the offense would have overcome the LMJ fumble and the INT, and even the return they gave up to start the second half. If the defense could have gotten a stop when they needed it on the drive where the Ravens scored their final field goal it would have been a different game. It's bizarre because the defense used to be the strength of the team.

It just occurred to me that we need to draft a lot of defense like the Saints because now we are set offensively and once we address our depth this offseason, we should be on fire. We have no limitations offensively now. We will get Hunter, Kyle Williams, and Mario healthy next year and once we draft better defensive personnel we are gonna be an unbeatable NFC number one seed next season.

Williams and Manningham are not the quality we need to balance the passing attack. Gonna have to be Jenkins or a new draft pick. With Seattle's size in the secondary, we will have to get bigger at WR. A bunch of smurfs ain't gonna get it done.
Originally posted by UKNiners:
Kaep did not perform in the moment. That magical moment that defines whether you are Dan Marino or Joe Montana.
A moment like last year during the game against the Saints. Now that was moment.

Sure you can throw for 500 yards and run for another 200 yards, but can you do it in the moment. This is that moment when you are inside the 20 and you need a touchdown. Its being served to him in silver platter. Its not like he only have 1 minute left and have to start at the 15.

Did you know during TD pass from Montana to Taylor, the coaching staff send in the wrong personel?

Montana seeing the mistake signaled Taylor to play the TE position. --- and history was made.

Playing great when the moment matters. Marino is a HOF but never had the moment.

(My apologies to Dan Marino for comparing him to Kaep. I was just making a point)

Well put.

I dunno, it's hard to fault Kaepernick much for this one. Aside from the INT he played pretty dang well, and if the coaches would have called at least one running play at the goal line at the end we would probably be celebrating him as the MVP.
Defense, defense, defense...... oh.... and the defense... that is why we failed. Roman messed up at the end which put the nail in the coffin. The Offense brought us back but the defense didn't do s**t. Aldon was no where to be found and missed the most tackles. Whitner was the worse cover DB. DL was too tired. DBs getting beat left and right. The defensive calls where really bad.

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for MontanaSBGod.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
All of those reasons above are valid.

But we have the ball 1st and goal with 2:30 left.

SEAL THE DEAL!

1 read option, not three passes to the right. Baltimore knew exactly where to defend because we did it three times in a row.

Yes... awful.

Everything awful already happened.... Even a 108 yard TD Kickoff return.

But yet the team found themselves in the precipice of another SB victory.

The moment got to big for the Kaep and the entire team.

Do we really not have a play for 1st and goal?, 2nd and goal?, 3rd and goal? and 4th and goal? That all you got? When the moment matters thats when champions perform.

Even if they were playing s**tty all night.

That one, no two, no three, no four moments should have SEALED THE DEAL.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i knew he could not call three good games in a row, get this mother f**ker out of here

and replace him with who? You're not going to find some top notch OC three weeks before the scouting combine.

Harbaugh obviously doesn't want the entire load of calling plays so that's not happening anytime soon.
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by UKNiners:

Well put.

I dunno, it's hard to fault Kaepernick much for this one. Aside from the INT he played pretty dang well, and if the coaches would have called at least one running play at the goal line at the end we would probably be celebrating him as the MVP.

No you are correct. I would have voted him as MVP. But you have to deliver and seal the deal.

No question he is the MVP but you have to perform at that moment that makes you the MVP
  • dj43
Originally posted by Psinex:

Ngata was out, and the middle was our oyster. We could have driven the ball straight up the middle for a score. I'm absolutely convinced that if we had pushed it a couple times on 2nd and 3rd with Frank, we would have scored. Chances are nobody was going to stop him.

this 1000x this
I hate when people make this excuse, but the officiating was blatently terrible.

They even admitted it on nfln right now... I hate warren sapp but for once i agree with him.
Share 49ersWebzone