There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Analysts' Reasons For Picking Ravens

Originally posted by pete98146:
Just a few minutes ago on the local sports radio show here in Seattle, John Clayton of all people (world famous 49er hater) said that he "almost guarantees a win for the 49ers." That's how strongly he feels about our team after spending time with us at our practices this week.

He said of the Harbaugh brothers, it's actually Jim that has been more relaxed, calm and organized this week and teams tend to mimic the attitude and behavior of their coaches.

Verrrrrrrrrrry interesting!

He's been all about Kaep though. And since Alex is heading for FA or trade, he's been higher on him too.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Ravens are going to get smacked in the mouth.

They have no idea what they are in for. They have not seen a team that even resembles the 49ers all season. Offense is gonna have that defense on their heals, and the Defense is gonna be knocking heads.

I think the bolded is the biggest thing that the talking heads are failing to recognize, they say we havent played a team like baltimore yet this season, but we have played defenses that are much better, offenses that are bigger deep threats, and dynamic running offenses. The closest thing they have faced to our defense is a injury plagued Steelers, and a Denver team that blitzes more then normal to have a dynamic pass rush. Not so worried about this one the "analysts" can spend all there time talking about the voodoo, and good karma & team of destiny bs that comes from Ray Lewis talking to God LOL

Amen. The closer we get to the game, the less nervous I've been. I've dissected every facet of the game at this point, and I really think we're going to kick their ass. We win by 10 at minimum.

We played the whos who of teams in the NFL this season, and more often than not we came out on top. The played probably the most diverse schedule of any team that made it to the playoffs, and the team as a hole is the definition of the term. I cant remember in modern times a team that is more team oriented, and more diverse in the way they can beat you. This 49ers team is no Joke. again the ravens dont have a clue as to what they are in for.
I feel differently than you guys. I feel like the analysts think we (Ravens) don't have any business in the game. As if we're the 89 Broncos against the Super 9ers.

Both teams were 1 special team blunder away from going to back to back Superbowls. The analysts are just lazy and refuse to dig deep into the game and give equal time to both teams.

For example:

Ray Rice in the screen game. He is a mismatch vs any team and will have to be accounted for.
Justin and Aldon Smith vs our revamped left side. Our RG, Osemele is huge and is nasty. This should be a key. How about Leach destroying your linebackers last year on iso blocks.
Just a few things that could be key but analysts think we're here because every team we played had bad games.

This game is going to be amazing and no matter who wins I'm gooing to be proud of my team.
Originally posted by dscola:
I feel differently than you guys. I feel like the analysts think we (Ravens) don't have any business in the game. As if we're the 89 Broncos against the Super 9ers.

Both teams were 1 special team blunder away from going to back to back Superbowls. The analysts are just lazy and refuse to dig deep into the game and give equal time to both teams.

For example:

Ray Rice in the screen game. He is a mismatch vs any team and will have to be accounted for.
Justin and Aldon Smith vs our revamped left side. Our RG, Osemele is huge and is nasty. This should be a key. How about Leach destroying your linebackers last year on iso blocks.
Just a few things that could be key but analysts think we're here because every team we played had bad games.

This game is going to be amazing and no matter who wins I'm gooing to be proud of my team.

This game is going to be much differant than last seasons game. Not even close to a valid comparison. The curcumstances are night and day.

For example:

Depends who you listen to really. From what I've seen, most of the guys at ESPN pick the 49ers. Then I watch CBS and most of them pick the Ravens. I agree all these analysts have been too lazy to break down the game and make legitimate arguments as to why one team should be favored over the other.

In response to your points:

We've defended against RB screens very well. Over half of the RB screens ran against us resulted in a gain of 5 or fewer yards.

Osemele is your LG, not RG. He's a big man, but I like Aldon and Justin Smith matched up against McKinnie and a rookie. Justin has been getting more strength in his arm each day. He should be ready to play balls out tomorrow, and Aldon will be the biggest beneficiary.

Leach is a beast. Willis and Bowman are going to have some violent collisions with this guy, but they can get the job done. They always do. Teams do not run up the gut on us. Sopoaga very quietly does an excellent job of plugging the inside gaps, and Willis and Bowman are the 2 best ILB's in the game. You guys had Leach last year, and all Rice could muster against us was 59 yards on 21 carries.

Should be a great game. Good luck to ya.
This game is going to be much differant than last seasons game. Not even close to a valid comparison. The curcumstances are night and day.

My post is not about last years game. My point is that Analysts and your fans act like we just have no business in this game. As if we haven't been to 3 AFCC games i n 5 years. As if we haven't gotten healthy at the best time. As if your teams defense has been out of this world the last 5 weeks.

The game will be very competitive no matter the outcome.

My post is not about last years game. My point is that Analysts and your fans act like we just have no business in this game. As if we haven't been to 3 AFCC games i n 5 years. As if we haven't gotten healthy at the best time. As if your teams defense has been out of this world the last 5 weeks.

The game will be very competitive no matter the outcome.

I never said you have no buisness in the game. I just happen to think the AFC is very weak compared to the NFC right now as far as level of competition week in and week out, and i dont think you guys have had any experiance this season facing a team like this 49ers team. The niners on the other hand have had a very diverse schedule, and we play in a division with very good defenses throughout. Better than the ravens. The ravens defense is ageing, and without the big plays from flacco you would not be where you are this season. I feel this 49ers team is going to seriously exploit your defense. Further more we have played the whos who of top NFL offenses this season, and more often than not we came out on top. Your offense simple does not scare me.
I never said you have no buisness in the game. I just happen to think the AFC is very weak compared to the NFC right now as far as level of competition week in and week out, and i dont think you guys have had any experiance this season facing a team like this 49ers team. . Your offense simple does not scare me.

Great post and I couldn't agree more with these points above.
I never said you have no buisness in the game. I just happen to think the AFC is very weak compared to the NFC right now as far as level of competition week in and week out, and i dont think you guys have had any experiance this season facing a team like this 49ers team. The niners on the other hand have had a very diverse schedule, and we play in a division with very good defenses throughout. Better than the ravens. The ravens defense is ageing, and without the big plays from flacco you would not be where you are this season. I feel this 49ers team is going to seriously exploit your defense. Further more we have played the whos who of top NFL offenses this season, and more often than not we came out on top. Your offense simple does not scare me.

Before I began my post, I'm not arguing. Just debating, so please don't take what I say personally.

1st of all, who on our defense besides Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are old? Suggs just turned 30. Ngata, Kruger, Arthur Jones, Ellerbee, Cary Williams, Pollard, and Jimmy Smith are all under 30 years old. We are an old defense by no means. Just more lazy reporting by the media that gets spewed as fact.
Secondly, if my mother had balls, she'd be my uncle. You can't take away the big plays from Flacco because they happened. If the Rams had a halfway decent team, you'd be 10-6.
3rd, It matters not who the 9ers or Ravens have played to this point. Especially considering that the Ravens hadn't played their starting defense together until the 1st playoff game and Kaepernick(sp) hadn't started until Smith got hurt.

Both teams can and have shut down the best offenses for multiple years. So thinking that your team will be impossible to stop is ridiculous. I'm sure both teams will have multiple stops of the other team tommorow.

For the record, I have the game ending at 27-24 Ravens. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it ends up the other way around though.
[ Edited by dscola on Feb 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Is Bill Levy the Ref because this is looking a lot like the Bettis send off in SB 40
Originally posted by signman:
Is Bill Levy the Ref because this is looking a lot like the Bettis send off in SB 40

Nope. Jerome Boger is. I think he refereed our game against GB.

HaHa, these analyst are a joke, Shaun O'Hera and Willie Mcginest just switched from their Ravens pick earlier this week and jumped on the Niners train. Tom Jackson jumped off the Ravens bandwagon as well.
double post
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Feb 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
We have been under estimated all year long, even my friends they say we are lucky. I answer are f**king kidding me we reached the Super Bowl & we are still lucky . All of these experts they like the bomb , flacci and his long throws , .we have a better D , and OL nugh said . Run they can't stop us , no way no how !
Its been the trend of the Super Bowl week.

The 49ers are better. The statistics say so, the X's and O's say so, and the analysts/scouts agree that the 49ers should win.

But...Everyone picking the Ravens can only give reasons like "I want Ray to go out on top", "Theyre the team of destiny", and "Rep the east coast".

Ill tell you one thing, if the Ravens do win itll be the most annoying thing EVER. Nonstop Ray Lewis crying, "team of destiny" crap, and the team that everybody WANTED to win did it.

If we lose im shutting the TV off immediately, and not watching any ESPN until baseball season.