There are 231 users in the forums

Analysts' Reasons For Picking Ravens

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
56-14 Niners. Ravens are b**ches and Ray will cry like one tomorrow. Flacco will fall back to the 46.0 QBR tomorrow and Kaep will run wild on these old s**ts, and the Smith brothers will show why this is the best Defense in the NFL. That's not taking into account that NFC is far better than the AFC and will make it 4 straight Super Bowls tomorrow.

Compare the age of our defensive players to yours.
Originally posted by TheTruth2013:
Team of Destiny? No but the reasons for a Ravens victory is simple. Heathly for the first time all season the D and O line is playing like champions, the D holding Brady to 13 pts in their house! Stopping a hot Colts team and follow that with wins at denver and NE! Flacco playing on fire with tons of post season exp. Your QB is good (so Far) but has 10 games under his belt. Quite frankly everytime he takes off the odds of him having a long NFL life gets smaller. Just ask guys like RG3 if he would run against the Ravens again. I have nothing against the 49ers I like them , but the Ravens are on a run and I feel they are not going to stop. So 31-20 Ravens is my pick....TheTruth

ohhh so we are not in a run as well even tho we are in the super bowl???, crushed green bay, shut down falcons in the second half and came up with a win? oh and CK is a smarter qb then rg3...do us a favor and SIT DOWN.
and I HATE the ravens, i live in MD and now all these people switching from redskins to ravens hahaha.. "oh its home team" shut up... i went to the thanksgiving 49ers vs ravens last season. worst fans ever! disrespecting my gf, throwing pennies at us, trying to fight me in the restroom and much more.... i CAN NOT wait to see every single ravens fan cry once they lose.. ima drive thru Baltimore with 49ers flags all over my car. RIP to me?
Originally posted by dscola:
56-14 Niners. Ravens are b**ches and Ray will cry like one tomorrow. Flacco will fall back to the 46.0 QBR tomorrow and Kaep will run wild on these old s**ts, and the Smith brothers will show why this is the best Defense in the NFL. That's not taking into account that NFC is far better than the AFC and will make it 4 straight Super Bowls tomorrow.

Compare the age of our defensive players to yours.

I've seen the age comparisons and we are younger. You'll also be minus Lewis' due to retirement and Reed due to your second rate QB's upcoming contract. Better hope you guys can shock the world because you're team is falling into obscurity after this game.
Originally posted by hugostyles49:
ohhh so we are not in a run as well even tho we are in the super bowl???, crushed green bay, shut down falcons in the second half and came up with a win? oh and CK is a smarter qb then rg3...do us a favor and SIT DOWN.

I've seen the age comparisons and we are younger. You'll also be minus Lewis' due to retirement and Reed due to your second rate QB's upcoming contract. Better hope you guys can shock the world because you're team is falling into obscurity after this game.

My point is that everyone runs with the same tired line of the Ravens being old when in actuality, theonly old players we have are Ray an Ed
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin M. ‏@beerdaddyblog

Rick Reilly just predicted Ravens over 49ers 35-34 in overtime. How is that score even possible in overtime? @PaulPabst
Forgot what I was gonna say. LoL
[ Edited by mdonch3 on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
I feel differently than you guys. I feel like the analysts think we (Ravens) don't have any business in the game. As if we're the 89 Broncos against the Super 9ers.

Both teams were 1 special team blunder away from going to back to back Superbowls. The analysts are just lazy and refuse to dig deep into the game and give equal time to both teams.

For example:

Ray Rice in the screen game. He is a mismatch vs any team and will have to be accounted for.
Justin and Aldon Smith vs our revamped left side. Our RG, Osemele is huge and is nasty. This should be a key. How about Leach destroying your linebackers last year on iso blocks.
Just a few things that could be key but analysts think we're here because every team we played had bad games.

This game is going to be amazing and no matter who wins I'm gooing to be proud of my team.

Whoever thinks the Ravens have no business in this game is fooling themselves, Ravens are the best of the AFC and will give the Niners a run for their money. I think this is going to be a very close game with the Niners coming out on top due to their superior talent and technical schemes. But the Ravens don't belong? Yeah, they really do and I look forward to this matchup.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Whoever thinks the Ravens have no business in this game is fooling themselves, Ravens are the best of the AFC and will give the Niners a run for their money. I think this is going to be a very close game with the Niners coming out on top due to their superior talent and technical schemes. But the Ravens don't belong? Yeah, they really do and I look forward to this matchup.

I concur. This game could go either way. Blow out or close game for either team.
Our Niners will have to play at the very top/peak of their game to win. They have to let it all out, we and they know, there is no tomorrow. I say this because I think the people who are picking them are picking them because of the emotion they will play with, dare I say, for the frickin Preacher Man, etc..I think they think, the emotion they think, they will bring to game will enable them to play out of their minds for the full 60minutes. I think this could be true, it's very important I think for the Niners to put up quick points and as most of us have said, use team speed, team speed to wear them older backer down, and fast.

This "game" has me on edge. If the Niners don't play well in the 1st quarter it's still impossible to say they won't play super later; this team has been very schizophrenic this season; especially with the W-W-L BS. They need to emulate the Packer game.. If they play schizophrenic, they could lose, and look bad doing it, crap..What the hell am I saying..Still too many hours till game time, the worry and care I feel is drivin me to drink!

All they need to to do, "all", ya right; all they need to do, is come out and establish they are coming after the dirt birds offensively and defensibly with great intensity. The Smith bros and Brooks MUST get early hits on Flaccey..then..all will be well with out Niner world IMO.......

GO NINERS!!!!!

Originally posted by almondJoy:
Originally posted by TlSSER:

END THREAD.

Thanks Tisser, I was looking for that chart and couldn't find it.

you're welcome bud!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Kevin M. ‏@beerdaddyblog

Rick Reilly just predicted Ravens over 49ers 35-34 in overtime. How is that score even possible in overtime? @PaulPabst

Loool. That is hilarious.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I never said you have no buisness in the game. I just happen to think the AFC is very weak compared to the NFC right now as far as level of competition week in and week out, and i dont think you guys have had any experiance this season facing a team like this 49ers team. The niners on the other hand have had a very diverse schedule, and we play in a division with very good defenses throughout. Better than the ravens. The ravens defense is ageing, and without the big plays from flacco you would not be where you are this season. I feel this 49ers team is going to seriously exploit your defense. Further more we have played the whos who of top NFL offenses this season, and more often than not we came out on top. Your offense simple does not scare me.

Before I began my post, I'm not arguing. Just debating, so please don't take what I say personally.

1st of all, who on our defense besides Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are old? Suggs just turned 30. Ngata, Kruger, Arthur Jones, Ellerbee, Cary Williams, Pollard, and Jimmy Smith are all under 30 years old. We are an old defense by no means. Just more lazy reporting by the media that gets spewed as fact.
Secondly, if my mother had balls, she'd be my uncle. You can't take away the big plays from Flacco because they happened. If the Rams had a halfway decent team, you'd be 10-6.
3rd, It matters not who the 9ers or Ravens have played to this point. Especially considering that the Ravens hadn't played their starting defense together until the 1st playoff game and Kaepernick(sp) hadn't started until Smith got hurt.

Both teams can and have shut down the best offenses for multiple years. So thinking that your team will be impossible to stop is ridiculous. I'm sure both teams will have multiple stops of the other team tommorow.

For the record, I have the game ending at 27-24 Ravens. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it ends up the other way around though.

How exactly would we be 10-6? we finished the season 11-4-1. We lost one and tied one with the rams. Worse case scenerio, we lose both and we are 11-5. Akers makes a field goal in each and we are 13-3.

The rest of the stuff you posted i disagree with for the most part, but we will have to agree to disagree. I personally feel more confident about this game than any game we have played since dec. 9th. I think we win solidly. YMMV and it obviously does.
I don't mind---all the experts picked the Tigers to beat the Giants too.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Muggins:
That Haley Joel Osment kid picked us and he's picked 12/13 past Super Bowl winners.

Quote:
HALEY JOEL OSMENT, actor; has picked 12 of the last 13 Super Bowl winners, missing only in 2008: 49ers, 28-24. This is looking like a classic Super Bowl in the making, and certainly one of the toughest picks I remember facing. San Francisco's recovery from a 17-point deficit (in the championship) convinced me that they have the will to pull out a victory down the stretch.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/sports/sports_blogs_national/115-celebrities-predict-2013-Super-Bowl-results-San-Francisco-49ers-VS--Baltimore-Ravens1359718109617#ixzz2JmR8aPMb

The kid is a good actor, and either really lucky at picking SuperBowl winners or is very good at it, either way, Ya!!! except it doesn't mean anything

Not to toot my own horn, but I haven't missed a Super Bowl pick since the 1995 Cowboys/ Steelers Super Bowl. I don't consider it luck, either. I'm picking SF.
Share 49ersWebzone