There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Football Gameplan's Super Bowl XLVII Preview - Niners vs Ravens

Good evening Niner fans! Good luck in the Super Bowl!
Em
An unbalanced line formation for the Ravens with NO eligible receivers on the left side? That's a 5 yard penalty. Does this guy really know what he's talking about?!
Why does he have us showing a 4-3 defense? Cmon man!!!!!!!!!!
does he ever not pick the 49ers to win?
Originally posted by TlSSER:
does he ever not pick the 49ers to win?

he normally picks the 49ers but as with any analyst, he calls what he sees. I'm picking 49ers of course
Pretty weak again em. im glad you don't make our game plans
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
An unbalanced line formation for the Ravens with NO eligible receivers on the left side? That's a 5 yard penalty. Does this guy really know what he's talking about?!

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? As long as there 7 men on the LOS its a legal formation.
Originally posted by EmDiggy:

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? As long as there 7 men on the LOS its a legal formation.

LOL! You don't know what YOU are talking about. You need eligible receivers on either side of the LOS... Not just 7 men on the LOS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_(gridiron_football) Look it up!

LOL! You don't know what YOU are talking about. You need eligible receivers on either side of the LOS... Not just 7 men on the LOS.

Serious question though: If the NFL game can have 4 eligible receivers and running backs in the backfield legally, and a receiver on the left side,then how is it an illegal formation? I want to know whats right about this, since I think I know most of the correct formation alignments allowed

LOL

Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Serious question though: If the NFL game can have 4 eligible receivers and running backs in the backfield legally, and a receiver on the left side,then how is it an illegal formation? I want to know whats right about this, since I think I know most of the correct formation alignments allowed

In order for a formation to be legal it needs either a WR or a TE on either side of the LOS. What you described above probably has a TE or an "eligible" olineman (who reported to the ref as an eligible receiver). Note: since you need 7 players on the LOS, the 5 players between the two eligible receivers are NOT eligible. If you line up on the LOS with 8 players, you lose an eligible player since there are 6 men between the two eligible receivers. That's why you see the slot receiver not aligned with the outside receiver because he would be "covered" and become ineligible.

Didn't we run the play with anthony dixon against the Falcons with no eligible receivers on the left and right side?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

In order for a formation to be legal it needs either a WR or a TE on either side of the LOS. What you described above probably has a TE or an "eligible" olineman (who reported to the ref as an eligible receiver). Note: since you need 7 players on the LOS, the 5 players between the two eligible receivers are NOT eligible. If you line up on the LOS with 8 players, you lose an eligible player since there are 6 men between the two eligible receivers. That's why you see the slot receiver not aligned with the outside receiver because he would be "covered" and become ineligible.

Good stuff. Even though im going to have to read this three more times to get it