LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Will the Niners run an offensive trick play during the Superbowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the Niners run an offensive trick play during the Superbowl?

I could see them throwing the pitch option in the gameplan with kap and james in the backfield. Last time we tried that it didnt work so good and helped result in a loss
You only need trick plays when you O is struggling to establish itself or their D has the upper hand.

So, no.
Originally posted by hofer36:
issac soapaga split left, joe staley split right, both run crossing patterns

ROFL!!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Somebody post that Jimmy Raye flea flicker pic

It's the 1-2 Whoopsie Doo

Didn't we try this play against KC and then we threw a pick? lol
I wont say a trick play.... because that implies something gimicky like a half back pass, but we always bring a new wrinkle. It could be something is small as different personel, or a unique shift, but our coach always brings in something they havent seen before to keep a Defense guessing. We havent tried the throw to Staley since early on last year, could we dust that off? Sure. We ran the read option out of the pistol, then ran the pistol but mostly ran our standard west coast style plays. What about running the read option out of the pro-set? or a boot leg back the other way, out of a fake read option.

We wont go full on gimmick for sure...but I damn well bet there will be something in the playbook that we havent run this season.
how the f**k am I supposed to know?
Yes, Jim should start off the game with an onside kick.

I feel some Oopty Oop comin'...4 WR/TEs Moss-Crabs-Vernon-Delanie stacked to one side, Kaep by himself one-on-one on the other side, Alex at QB and....ummmmmm not happening
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

Or maybe Akers throws his 2nd career TD to Crabs like at the Rams last year?
Originally posted by Beezy33:

dafuq? you can't thro the ball on a kickoff! (or can you? )

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Alex himself isn't the secret weapon in such a package. I could see Alex and Kaepernick running the option, where the thought is that the Ravens would key in on Kaepernick, freeing up Alex to get decent yardage, or pass the ball.

I personally think it'd be cool, but I'd be scared to do it. Conceivably, both your QBs are on the field at the same time, running an offense where defenders can get a good shot on the QB.

well yeah but tolzien is the next tom brady
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
dafuq? you can't thro the ball on a kickoff! (or can you? )

do you even watch the niners
That would make no sense... Alex Smith couldn't be a surprise package or anything like that if he can't mix anything up. Kaepernick looks to throw first anyways
[ Edited by jagkid007 on Jan 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGold39:

oh no....
Originally posted by Beezy33:

Id be happy with a converted FG out of Akers, that would be a great trick in my mind. That will really have John wondering........um, they got a 3, how is that possible?
Share 49ersWebzone